Israel Warns Neighbors Over March To Jerusalem

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
wiki entry
Sami Abu Zuhri (سامي أبو زُهْري, Sámí Åbú Zʋẻrí) is a senior spokesman for the Palestinian political party Hamas. Zuhri, a relatively unknown member of Hamas, gained notoriety on May 19, 2006, when Palestinian security and customs officials discovered he had 640,000 euros on his person; another report claimed he held a larger sum of 900,000 euros, and confiscated it,
Sami Abu Zuhri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I suggest you take your complaint up with wikipedia. I must have typo'd my search as I didn't get those results previously.

Your searches are utter BS - Next - Wiki is when it comes down to it not - NOT a credible source for facts - Everyone uses it - But most posters with character also buttress their points with other sources as well.
Now you claimed I have never condemned Israeli War Crimes - Do you still stand behind that statement? Still cannot answer that but you expect answers to your questions - So what is it?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I don't recall goober condemning a single Israeli atrocity. Please feel free to quote yourself and prove my knowledge of your posts incomplete...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
wiki entry

Sami Abu Zuhri (سامي أبو زُهْري, Sámí Åbú Zʋẻrí) is a senior spokesman for the Palestinian political party Hamas. Zuhri, a relatively unknown member of Hamas, gained notoriety on May 19, 2006, when Palestinian security and customs officials discovered he had 640,000 euros on his person; another report claimed he held a larger sum of 900,000 euros, and confiscated it,
Sami Abu Zuhri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suggest you take your complaint up with wikipedia. I must have typo'd my search as I didn't get those results previously.

Here is the official statement from Hamas regarding this murder:

Hamas official Ezzat Al-Rashak said that the movement is not responsible for the murder of the five family members from the Itamar settlement.

Al-Rashak claimed that harming children is not part of Hamas' policy, nor is it the policy of the opposition factions. He claimed that the possibility that the attack was carried out by settlers for criminal motives should not be ruled out.
And the statement is completely truthful, why?

Regardless, referencing the most extreme Palestinian viewpoint and then portraying all Palestinians as sharing that viewpoint is deliberately manipulative, especially when the majority of expressed Palestinian opinions were condemnations of the murder...
Regardless, referencing the most extreme Israeli viewpoint and then portraying all Israel as sharing that viewpoint is deliberately manipulative, especially when the majority of expressed Israeli opinions were condemnations of the murder...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
w

Regardless, referencing the most extreme Palestinian viewpoint and then portraying all Palestinians as sharing that viewpoint is deliberately manipulative, especially when the majority of expressed Palestinian opinions were condemnations of the murder...

No shyte.... it's what you do all the time, and it's why I posted it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I don't recall goober condemning a single Israeli atrocity. Please feel free to quote yourself and prove my knowledge of your posts incomplete...

Way back in time - And Bear already posted it for Little Jimmy - Note he no longer asks the question
And you only recall what you wish to - then someone comes along and gives you a dose of whoop ass.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
My viewpoint is that we should not treat one group of war criminals better than another. Regarding claims that I believe that all Israelis share the same viewpoint... stop inventing BS:

B'TSELEM
- The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories was established in 1989 by a group of prominent academics, attorneys, journalists, and Knesset members. It endeavors to document and educate the Israeli public and policymakers about human rights violations in the Occupied Territories, combat the phenomenon of denial prevalent among the Israeli public, and help create a human rights culture in Israel....

...B'Tselem has attained a prominent place among human rights organizations. In December, 1989 it received the Carter-Menil Award for Human Rights.
Its reports have gained B'Tselem a reputation for accuracy, and the Israeli authorities relate to them seriously. B'Tselem ensures the reliability of information it publishes by conducting its own fieldwork and research, the results of which are thoroughly cross-checked with relevant documents, official government sources, and information from other sources, among them Israeli, Palestinian, and other human rights organizations.

About B

Btselem has done some ground breaking creative Human Rights work! I recommend them as a source of reliable information.

For example:
In 2007, B'Tselem’s Video Department launched its camera project, in which the organization distributes video cameras to Palestinians living in areas in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip where clashes are commonplace. The cameras enable them to present the reality of their lives to the Israeli and international public, thereby encouraging action to improve the situation. The project is unique in that it enables Palestinians themselves to document the infringement of their rights and to present their daily lives, their anger, pain, joy, and hope to Israelis who live so close and yet so far away from them.
B'Tselem Video | Video main page

I am proPeople,not anti-Israeli or anti-Palestinian.

Individual Palestinians on both sides of this conflict have committed war crimes. I'm opposed to collective punishment...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Individuals on both sides of this conflict have committed war crimes. I believe in holding all war criminals accountable for their actions. I am against collectively punishing an entire group of people for the actions of a minority of individuals within the group.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
My viewpoint is that we should not treat one group of war criminals better than another. Regarding claims that I believe that all Israelis share the same viewpoint...
You cover it up by quoting Jewish and Israeli groups that support your agenda. But then you use blanket statements condemning Israelis and Israel.

stop inventing BS:
Talking to yourself?

I am against collectively punishing an entire group of people for the actions of a minority of individuals within the group.
But you endorse groups like Anonymous, doing just that.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Individuals on both sides of this conflict have committed war crimes. I believe in holding all war criminals accountable for their actions. I am against collectively punishing an entire group of people for the actions of a minority of individuals within the group.

How about those that hide behind phrases that they think sell well when in reality they would be pleased to see an entire people or nation disappear. Well after they were done burying all the bodies of approx 6 million men, women and children.
Does that number ring a bell?
Does your right hand and arm have a twitch where it rises straight out an up at a 135 deg angle?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Hague: Palestinian Authority Has No Standing - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

All they would need is a member to introduce the document, Iceland and Russia are the only two truly independent nations that would not be facing 'pressure'. Think of how much the out of work treaty lawyers would rake in for Canada.

Can I also assume this is the new source of all the new Gaza rocket attacks? There will be more than 300 just from these things falling back to earth

How is the IDF going to handle passover this year? or did everybody get told to stay away?

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
How about those that hide behind phrases that they think sell well when in reality they would be pleased to see an entire people or nation disappear. Well after they were done burying all the bodies of approx 6 million men, women and children.
Does that number ring a bell?
Does your right hand and arm have a twitch where it rises straight out an up at a 135 deg angle?

I agree with British MP, Sir Gerald Kaufman (Manchester, Gorton) (Lab):

Sir Gerald Kaufman: I was brought up as an orthodox Jew and a Zionist. On a shelf in our kitchen, there was a tin box for the Jewish National Fund, into which we put coins to help the pioneers building a Jewish presence in Palestine.

I first went to Israel in 1961 and I have been there since more times than I can count. I had family in Israel and have friends in Israel. One of them fought in the wars of 1956, 1967 and 1973 and was wounded in two of them. The tie clip that I am wearing is made from a campaign decoration awarded to him, which he presented to me.

I have known most of the Prime Ministers of Israel, starting with the founding Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion. Golda Meir was my friend, as was Yigal Allon, Deputy Prime Minister, who, as a general, won the Negev for Israel in the 1948 war of independence.

My parents came to Britain as refugees from Poland. Most of their families were subsequently murdered by the Nazis in the holocaust. My grandmother was ill in bed when the Nazis came to her home town of Staszow. A German soldier shot her dead in her bed.

My grandmother did not die to provide cover for Israeli soldiers murdering Palestinian grandmothers in Gaza. The current Israeli Government ruthlessly and cynically exploit the continuing guilt among gentiles over the slaughter of Jews in the holocaust as justification for their murder of Palestinians.

British Jewish Zionist MP Gerald Kaufman says Israel acting like Nazis in Gaza - YouTube

Meanwhile in Today's News

Palestinians and internationals attacked during biking trip in Jordan Valley
Posted on: April 15, 2012 | 139 13
by Joseph and Emiliano
15 April 2012 | International Solidarity Movement, West Bank

For more photos click on the photo

Palestinian and international cyclists were brutally attacked by the Israeli occupation forces on Saturday as they attempted to bike up Route 90, the main North-South highway running through the Jordan Valley. The cyclists were demonstrating against Israeli apartheid policies in the Jordan Valley, which limit Palestinian access to roadways as part of an ongoing campaign of ethnic cleansing against the indigenous Bedouin communities of the Valley.
Israeli soldiers brutally attack Palestinians and ISM activists on bike ride - YouTube

One Palestinian woman and two international activists from Denmark and Holland were evacuated to the hospital with injuries after being struck in the head with an M-16 rifle, and one international activist was handcuffed and detained for over an hour before being released without charges.
Over one hundred activists from Palestine and around the world participated in the bike protest, organized by Sharek Youth Forum. Participants rode approximately 5 kilometers before being blocked by Israeli occupation soldiers and jeeps at the entrance to Route 90. Soldiers informed the bikers that they would not be allowed to continue “for their own safety.” When activists peacefully attempted to continue on their way, the local commander of the occupation forces swung his rifle at the head of multiple activists, resulting in the hospitalizations of the three activists and the detention of a man from Sweden.
Palestinian drivers on Route 90, the Jordan Valley’s main north-south route, face regular harassment and attacks from Israeli settlers and soldiers. Palestinian drivers and cyclists are frequently pulled over and searched for no reason, and in some places Palestinians are even prevented from turning across the road at places Israelis have free access to.
The Jordan Valley faces a concerted Israeli campaign of ethnic cleansing towards the Palestinians living there. Demolitions of homes occur with frequency, and the Israelis are currently stealing the vast majority of the valley’s land and water. The majority of the fruit and vegetables produced on this stolen land are exported to Europe and North America. The bike demonstration was part of a day of demonstrations and festivities that included visits to villages, a youth dubke performance, and speeches. The events aim to send the message to the world and the occupying forces that the people of the Jordan Valley and Palestine refuse to cede their land to the illegal occupation and will continue to resist and remain on their land.

Joseph and Emiliano are volunteers with International Solidarity Movement (names have been changed)
Palestinians and internationals attacked during biking trip in Jordan Valley

Haaretz version of the same story:
Netanyahu condemns beating of pro-Palestinian activist by IDF officer - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

The above was just in case you missed they reports of Israeli brutality, war crimes and crimes against humanity in our news...

Sarcasm... Our news doesn't cover Israeli brutality. But this Palestinian news source does:

This Week in Palestine
Friday April 13, 2012

This week the protests were in solidarity with Palestinian political detainees on hunger strike protesting ill-treatment by their Israeli captives. IMEMC’s George Rishmawi with the details:

One child was injured many others were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation at the village of Nabi Saleh, in central west Bank. Villagers of al Nabi Saleh along with international and Israeli supporters tried to march toward local farmers land taken by Israel to build a settlement on. Soldiers stopped them at the village entrance and forced them back using tear gas and rubber-coated steel bullets.

Troops then invaded the village and fired tear gas into residents’ homes, one gas bomb hit Bilal al Tamimi, 16, in his head while he was at his home. Soldiers also detained the ambulance car that took al Tamimi before it was allowed to leave the village to get to the nearby hospital in Ramallah.

Meanwhile, two were slightly injured and many others were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation at the nearby villages of Bil’in and Nil’in.

In Nil’in villagers along with international and Israeli supporters managed to reach the gate of the wall separating local farmers from their lands before soldiers fired tear gas at them. In Bil’in troops fired tear gas and rubber-coated steel bullets at the villagers and their supporters before reaching the wall. two locals were moved to hospital after being hit with rubber-coated steel bullets.

In northern West Bank, soldiers used tear gas and sound bombs to attack the villagers of Kufer Kadom protesting the Israeli wall.

In southern West bank, also on Friday, the villagers of Al Ma’ssara and residents of Beit Jala town near Bethlehem marched against the wall. Soldiers used tear gas in al Ma’ssara village; many were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation.

Beit Jala residents marched on Good Friday to their land that Israel has taken over to build the wall. The protest was lead by local priests and ended after a short mass near the confiscated lands.

For IMEMC News this is George Rishmawi

The Political Report

This week the Palestinian Authority announced that it is going through a hard financial crisis, while the Palestinian-Israeli peace process is still stalled. IMEMC’s Rami Al Meghari has more:

US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton says that her administration decided to support the Palestinian Authority with more than 140 million dollars, as the PA is going through a financial crisis.

Also , the EU has pledged backing up the PA's budget for March, amidst the PA's inability to pay fund salaries of it's payroll. Meanwhile, the Quartet committee for Middle Peace, comprising of the US, UN, EU and Russia, called this week on both the PA and Israel to resume peace talks, stalled since late 2008.

The PA said this week that is going to head again for the United Nations to push up for it's last year's demand that the UN recognizes Palestine as a member state within the 1967 borders including the Gaza Strip, West Bank and East Jerusalem.

Also, PA's Prime Minister, Salam Fayyad, is expected to meet with Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, to deliver a letter from PA's President Mahmoud Abbas, concerning the stalled peace process and Palestinian long-standing demands that Israel needs to halt all settlement activities before resuming peace negotiations.

Israel will unlikely comply with the demands, some sources within the Israeli cabinet indicated.

At the internal level, implementation of a recent conciliation deal between Hamas and Fatah party of Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas seems far from reaching. However, sources within both parties have reiterated their willing to start implementing the Qatar-mediated agreement.

The Palestinian elections committee in Ramallah called on Hamas authorities in Gaza this week to allow preparations for presidential and legislative elections but Hamas declined, saying no elections before implementation of the unity deal sees the light.

For IMEMC news. I am Rami Almeghari in Gaza.

The West Bank & Gaza Report

While Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails continued their hunger strike, the Israeli military conducted 52 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, during which they abducted 32 Palestinians, including 6 children. IMEMC’s Jina Johns Reports:

The welcome to Palestinian organizers officially launched the campaign on Tuesday in a press conference that took place in the city of Bethlehem, southern West Bank. Welcome to Palestine 2012 will again challenge Israel's policy of isolating the West Bank. The Mayor of Bethlehem, Dr. Victor Batarsa welcomed the visitors to his city:

The Israeli government ordered high security measures at Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv and called Welcome to Palestine campaign participants “hooligans and trouble makers”. Dr. Abed Al Fatah Abu Sruor, one of the campaign organizers responded to Israel’s claims:

This is the second Welcome to Palestine campaign to be organized by over 25 Palestinian organizations in the West Bank. In July 2011 around 650 people signed up and purchased tickets to come to Palestine, however, over 350 of them had their reservations revoked one day before the travel date based on instructions from the Israeli ministry of Interior sent to the airline companies.

Last year Over 120 passengers were denied entry at Ben Gurion airport as they declared their intentions to visit Palestine. This year visitors are expected to arrive on Sunday April 15.

In other news eleven Palestinian political prisoners continued their hunger strike this week, Palestinian human rights groups reported. According to the report two of them Thaer Halahla and Bilal Thiyab have entered their 45th day of hunger strike, on Friday. The political detainees are protesting at the Israeli policy of administrative detention and ill-treatment inside detention centers. The Israeli government uses administrative detention to hold Palestinians for an unspecified time without any charges.

Last month prisoner Hana Ash-shalabi ended her hunger strike after a deal was reached to deport her to Gaza for three years before she can return to her home in northern West Bank. Immediately after being kidnapped by the Israeli army in the West Bank, Ash-Shalabi, 30 years old conducted a 43-day hunger-strike demanding an end to her illegal detention.

In the Gaza Strip this week two Palestinian resistance fighters were wounded on Saturday by an Israeli air strike in the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah. On Sunday another Palestinian civilian was wounded by Israeli forces while he was collecting junk in the east of Gaza City. Also this week, Israeli gunboats opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats in the northern Gaza Strip three times.

For IMEMC News this is Jina Johns

That was just some of the news from This Week in Palestine, for more updates; please visit our website at IMEMC News - International Middle East Media Center. Thank you for joining us from occupied Bethlehem, This report has been brought to you by Husam Qassis and me Ghassan Bannoura.

This Week in Palestine week 15 2012 - International Middle East Media Center

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
earth_as_one; .1576465 said:
I agree with British MP, Sir Gerald Kaufman (Manchester, Gorton) (Lab):]

What a surprise that you agree. I thought you put your money behind your so called morals and booked a flight to fly into Israel. So much for that line of thinking.
Morals can be costly and you as always are unwilling to pay.