Israel pounds Gaza, death toll well over 100 and climbing

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Hey, name calling is what the Hamas does. Maybe you are one of their terrorist idiots?

They were warned by the Israelis that this would happen, but were either too stubborn or too stupid to believe it. They got what they deserved. Live with it.
The name suits you, live with it.
Guess we know why they got their asses kicked out of so many countries, (lack of ability to get along with your neighbors) they commit the same crimes that were committed against them in WWII, nobody did dick back then and nobody will do dick these days.

Maybe Russia could send them (Gaza) some S-300 air defence systems, pretty much halted any preemptive strikes on Iran. LOL

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Screw it.... this isn't going to be over with anytime soon. Neither side is going to want to seek peace, both sides think they're right in their attacks...... so let them blow each other up and rid the world of both of their annoyances once and for all.

It's so predictable, they'll launch rockets, they'll pull off air strikes, they're pull off invasions/incursions, etc.... then they'll have a cease fire for a few months to please those who give them weapons and resources, build back up and then do it all over again when the cease fire is over.

Just flatten both of their asses and be done with it......

For me personally, I'm just tired of hearing the same crap over and over again, and people arguing the same things over and over again..... they don't want to figure this out, either one of the sides, they're at an impass, neither side is willing to budge and both sides think they're right.... so remove the problems and there is no problem left to argue about.

Either that or isolate both their asses and let them kill each other off once and for all. Maybe if Israel get's isolated and blocked off from the rest of the world, they'll see what it's like and may wish to seek an alternative solution to the problem.

Sometimes people need to wear their enemy's shoes in order to get the proper perspective on how to solve the problem. And if that doesn't work, then once again, remove the problems.

After WWII, those idiots who created this situation should have damn well known this sort of thing would have occured.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It's an ugly mess, and as North Americans, we are supposed to support Israel no matter what they do. No matter what the Arabs say or do, Israel believes they have the right to bomb and kill anyone they believe could be a threat.I say, **** em all. Israel was founded by terrorists, so I have zero use for them.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The name suits you, live with it.
Guess we know why they got their asses kicked out of so many countries, (lack of ability to get along with your neighbors) they commit the same crimes that were committed against them in WWII, nobody did dick back then and nobody will do dick these days.

Maybe Russia could send them (Gaza) some S-300 air defence systems, pretty much halted any preemptive strikes on Iran. LOL

You don't have a clue. Israel has the power to blow the rest of the middle east off the map. They don't need anyone's help. Live with it...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You obviously don't have a clue about what was happening over there in the last month or so. I guess you haven't heard about all the rocket attacks launched by the Hamas into Israel.

Hamas are the ones getting what they deserve. They are the murdering scum.

I beg to differ dirt bag. I don't care how many rockets land on Israel or Israelis. You obviously are a product of some inhuman copulation.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
What came first... this or the air strikes? I'm CONFUSED!

Israel opens Gaza border for humanitarian aid - International Herald Tribune

Trucks carrying humanitarian aid and goods passing through the Karem Shalom border crossing near the Rafah refugee camp in Gaza on Friday. (Hatem Omar/The Associated Press)

Israel opens Gaza border for humanitarian aid

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Israel's military might comes from the US. Those are American bombs and missiles being fired from American planes and attack helicopters:

JERUSALEM (Thomson Financial) - Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Sunday that the US has agreed a 25 percent increase in its military and defence aid to Israel, to 30 billion US dollars in the next 10 years.

'In my last meeting with the president of the United States, we agreed that the aid would stand at 30 billion dollars over the next 10 years, meaning over three billion dollars a year, starting next year,' he said at the start of his weekly cabinet meeting.

'This is an increase of over 25 percent in the military and defence aid of the United States to Israel,' he added.

Olmert described the new package as a considerable improvement and a very important element for the security of Israel. Current US defence aid to Israel stands at 2.4 billion dollars a year....

Israeli PM announces 30 billion US dollar US defence aid - Forbes.com

On the other side of the wall:

...Gaza’s children, comprising almost 51% of population after Israeli forces had murdered and kidnapped large percentage of the adults, suffer the most. They suffer from malnutrition, anemia and other incurable diseases....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gaza Strip has been turned into a death camp, where death has become a daily incident.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amnesty International has expressed great concern about the dire situation in Gaza, where families live on one dollar per day, and had condemned Israel’s collective punishment against people of Gaza...[/FONT]

Gaza’s Imminent Explosion By Dr. Elias Akleh
[/FONT]

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
What came first...

Both Israel and Egypt allowed humanitarian organizations to send in a limited amount of food and medicine into Gaza, before they closed Gaza's borders and Israel began bombing.

If Americans ever figured out how Palestinians have suffered as a direct result of their aid to Israel, they might threaten to cut it.

Since the October War in 1973, Washington has provided Israel with a level of support dwarfing the amounts provided to any other state. It has been the largest annual recipient of direct U.S. economic and military assistance since 1976 and the largest total recipient since World War ll. Total direct U.S. aid to Israel amounts to well over $140 billion in 2003 dollars. Israel receives about $3 billion in direct foreign assistance each year, which is roughly one-fifth of America's entire foreign aid budget. In per capita terms, the United States gives each Israeli a direct subsidy worth about $500 per year. This largesse is especially striking when one realizes that Israel is now a wealthy industrial state with a per capita income roughly equal to South Korea or Spain.”

US Aid to Israel and the Palestinians

Both Canada and the US have cut all aid to Gaza since Palestinians democratically Hamas.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I beg to differ dirt bag. I don't care how many rockets land on Israel or Israelis. You obviously are a product of some inhuman copulation.

LOL, what an idiotic comment. You have nothing constructive to say so you resort to name calling. Well I'm not surprised. I guess as long as it is the other side getting pummelled by rockets its ok, eh?? I guess you and the hamas are brothers?? Are you the son of hitler? We don't need your racist comments here.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
LOL, what an idiotic comment. You have nothing constructive to say so you resort to name calling. Well I'm not surprised. I guess as long as it is the other side getting pummelled by rockets its ok, eh?? I guess you and the hamas are brothers?? Are you the son of hitler? We don't need your racist comments here.

It didn't take you long to slither in with Hitler and the racist label did it dirtbag? Now that you've shot your entire wad what will you resort to next I wonder? Oh I know, let me save you the effort, "Holocaust Denier" there I 'v saved your tiny little mind the trouble. Hamas and I brothers? I consider myself brother to all oppressed people and the sworn enemy of the oppressors.There was a time when I admired the Israelis but that was long ago when I was young and stupid, I believed in the tooth fairy too. What we do or do not need here is not for you or I to decide. I'm afraid you'll have to accomodate me or get stuffed.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

Randomly firing rockets at civilians is a war crime, even if they have killed only one person in six months. Military force should only be directed at military targets. Also these attacks aid Israel's PR war and help them justify their war crimes which killed about 225 people in the last 24 hours.

Also I don't care much for your personal attacks. They have no place in a civil debate and are against the rules on this forum. I think you owe Risus an apology.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I always question dehumanizing rhetoric from both sides of this conflict characterizing the other side as "murdering scum." Sort of reminds me of rhetoric from the successor of the Weimar Republic. I guess the cycle of abused becoming abuser is seldom, if ever, broken. A sad commentary on our common humanity.

We can play at diplomacy for only so long, maybe sixty years is not long enough for you to have arrived at an answer Spade. It is for me. Sure it is inflamatory rhetoric and it is a sad commentary on our common humanity but I don't claim to be anything but human and every human has limits, and I'm not blessed with limitless forgiveness, I cannot watch another child sacrificed or starved to feed the bottomless greed of the rich and powerfull.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Randomly firing rockets at civilians is a war crime, even if they have killed only one person in six months. Military force should only be directed at military targets. Also these attacks aid Israel's PR war and help them justify their war crimes which killed about 225 people in the last 24 hours.

Also I don't care much for your personal attacks. They have no place in a civil debate and are against the rules on this forum. I think you owe Risus an apology.

Check the thread and see who fired the first shot. As for an apology, not ever.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
If either side had wanted an end to this war it would have happened a long time ago.. Fact is you cannot fight a war all alone but if you take the human factor out of the war to the point is becomes about he territories and lands it makes is so much more palatable..

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You don't have a clue. Israel has the power to blow the rest of the middle east off the map. They don't need anyone's help. Live with it...
Get a grip, without massive support from other countries Israel would be in no position to hurt a flea. Even with their atomic weapons. Anybody can be a thug, Israel is a prime example, it takes a bit of class to mend fences, that is a commodity Israel lost even before their 1st exile. 1900 years of wandering around the nations and they still couldn't find anybody who even liked them a little bit. Sad really, but their current conduct is drying a lot of eyes that wept for them at one time.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
It didn't take you long to slither in with Hitler and the racist label did it dirtbag? Now that you've shot your entire wad what will you resort to next I wonder? Oh I know, let me save you the effort, "Holocaust Denier" there I 'v saved your tiny little mind the trouble. Hamas and I brothers? I consider myself brother to all oppressed people and the sworn enemy of the oppressors.There was a time when I admired the Israelis but that was long ago when I was young and stupid, I believed in the tooth fairy too. What we do or do not need here is not for you or I to decide. I'm afraid you'll have to accomodate me or get stuffed.

Like I said before, the hamas fired hundreds of rockets and mortar shells into civilian areas in Israel. What are the israeli's supposed to do? Just take it? or defend themselves. Its your brain that's stuffed...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Thank you.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Thank you...
You are welcome

...Like I said before, the hamas fired hundreds of rockets and mortar shells into civilian areas in Israel. What are the israeli's supposed to do? Just take it? or defend themselves. Its your brain that's stuffed...

Israel has a right to defend themselves against attacks like any country. That means they can legally attack anyone who is associated organizations who use violence against Israel. But is killing 225 people including new police cadets at a graduation ceremony and children at a school across the street a proportionate response to rocket attacks which had not killed a single Israeli citizen in six months?

The vast majority of Gazans are innocent civilians and Israel's collective punishment against them by limiting food and medicine to the point where most children are malnourished and people die from lack of antibiotics is a crime against humanity.

People like yourself who defend Israel's crimes should be aware of Israel/Palestine's history. Israel is the result of an ethnic cleansing war launched by Jewish refugees fleeing Nazi Europe against Palestine's inhabitants 60 years ago and continues to this day. Palestinians are still being ethnically cleansed from Palestine as Israel expands its borders. Many of the Palestinians Israel has detained and assassinated over the years have been civilians, not militants. Israel practices torture and allows its civilians and military to commit serious crimes against Palestinians with impunity. Palestine is an occupied territory and its inhabitants have a legal right to fight injustice and opppression even by violent means.

Our news and media portrays this conflict about as accurately as they portrayed Iraq's WMD threat and links to al Qaeda in 2002. What most people know about this conflict is mostly pro-Israel propaganda and about as accurate as what most people knew about Iraq back in 2002.

I am glad you have taken an interest in this conflict. But I hope you will keep an open mind and recognize this conflict has more than one viewpoint.