Israel ambassador's comments 'unjustified': critics

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Why is religion important if you siphon off money?

Is embezzlement better or worse depending on someones religion?

Am I going to go, well he embezzled..but and I thought he was a dirty theiving "religion Y" so I wanted him hung, then it turned out he was "religion X" just like me, so we baked him a cake instead because its ok.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Religion becomes a concern (when playing with tax-dollars) if one group (lets call them Jews) gets extra money (grants, memorials built, or any special status) or can influence if members of that group gets contracts awarded to them because they are also Jewish, even though another company was lower in the bidding or was simple better at the job in question.
Any Gentile is going to get fairer treatment from a Christian-Jew than a non-Christian Jew, nowhere is that ever stated when it comes to which group is demanding special consideration.

If anybody deserves special status in Canada it is the Native people and we all know how badly that issue is going.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Religion becomes a concern (when playing with tax-dollars) if one group (lets call them Jews) gets extra money (grants, memorials built, or any special status) or can influence if members of that group gets contracts awarded to them because they are also Jewish, even though another company was lower in the bidding or was simple better at the job in question.
Any Gentile is going to get fairer treatment from a Christian-Jew than a non-Christian Jew, nowhere is that ever stated when it comes to which group is demanding special consideration.

If anybody deserves special status in Canada it is the Native people and we all know how badly that issue is going.

Are you saying Jews have special status in Canada? Cause it sure sounds that way.......

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Technically they do.

As do Sihks, Muslims, French, any visible minority, Natives, Women, the Disabled...

I've yet to ever see this "vast jewish conspiracy" where you think Jews give other Jews Special Deals

It reminds me of Eddie Murphy's 1984 SNL skit "White like me"

Where he goes undercover as a white person and finds out that when black people aren't around, white people do things like give each other free money, don't require people pay for things they want, have parties on the bus(etc)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Technically they do.

As do Sihks, Muslims, French, any visible minority, Natives, Women, the Disabled...

I've yet to ever see this "vast jewish conspiracy" where you think Jews give other Jews Special Deals

It reminds me of Eddie Murphy's 1984 SNL skit "White like me"

Where he goes undercover as a white person and finds out that when black people aren't around, white people do things like give each other free money, don't require people pay for things they want, have parties on the bus(etc)

Point taken....

And I remember the skit....he goes to a bank disguised as a white man, and is told to take whatever he wants from the vault... :)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Y'know, Colpy and Zorch, you two are so busy looking between the lines for anything to interpret as anti semitism that you, yourselves, have become the Jew-haters in here. That makes you both propagandists and no longer worth the attention you demand. It's from idiots like you two that misunderstanding, hate then war is born. Sounds like you slept through a class or two (or paid someone to warm the seat for you) Why don't you both grow up?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Y'know, Colpy and Zorch, you two are so busy looking between the lines for anything to interpret as anti semitism that you, yourselves, have become the Jew-haters in here. That makes you both propagandists and no longer worth the attention you demand. It's from idiots like you two that misunderstanding, hate then war is born. Sounds like you slept through a class or two (or paid someone to warm the seat for you) Why don't you both grow up?

KMA

And what the Hell brought that on.....an Eddie Murphy skit?

Up your medication.

BAD DOG!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
KMA

And what the Hell brought that on.....an Eddie Murphy skit?

Up your medication.

BAD DOG!

Nope ... your continual hovering waiting to swipe at anyone who has an opinion. See, even if that thought differs from or brushes against yours, we're still entitled to our own.

Up your ass!

Last edited:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

I have no problems with opinions opposed to my own. Ones based on facts that are correct. As much as I disagree with Earth as ones opinions, they are logical and based on facts.

The difference with your opinions, is that they are not based on facts. So I point out the facts.

This makes you annoyed, you also became very hostile after you let it slip that you do have racist and bigoted feelings towards certain groups. Then you became very defensive about that aspect of yourself.

I find the irony in your statement of victimization. You are allowed your opinon, but then I am not allowed my own? You can comment on my opinions, but no one can count on yours?

Grow up, then read a book. I find your baseless and instantly laughable attempts to imply "the facts are all there I just don't have time to explain them" humourous, I KNOW how much I read, and it is very unlikely there is too much more I could read that isn't classified that would give me a deeper understanding of the situation.

Just grow up and learn to accept that you are not the master of the world and people do not have to bow down to your opinions, not leave your "Facts" unchallenged. If they are wrong, take it as a compliment if someone points that out and learn from it.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Z or anyone else,

Can anyone find a site which references how the number "6 million Jews" was calculated? I can find many references to the number itself, but I can't find any information about the how that number was calculated and its degree of accuracy.

I can find all kinds of evience that Jews were systematically discriminated against, detained and exterminated along with millions of other people. But most websites refence the number as if it was a proven fact. That may be so. But where is this proof? I've never seen it and I've looked.

A peer reviewed estimate of Jewish holocaust victims should describe the way the number was calculated with a statistcal mean and level of accuracy.

For example:

Lancet surveys of Iraq War casualties

The first survey[1] published on 29 October 2004, estimated 98,000 excess Iraqi deaths (with a range of 8,000 to 194,000, using a 95% confidence interval (CI)) from the 2003 invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq to that time, or about 50% higher than the death rate prior to the invasion. The authors described this as a conservative estimate, because it excluded the extreme statistical outlier data from Falluja. If the Falluja cluster were included, the mortality estimate would increase to 150% over pre-invasion rates (95% CI: 1.6 to 4.2).

The second survey[2][3][4] published on 11 October 2006, estimated 654,965 excess deaths related to the war, or 2.5% of the population, through the end of June 2006. The new study applied similar methods and involved surveys between May 20 and July 10, 2006.[4] More households were surveyed, allowing for a 95% confidence interval of 392,979 to 942,636 excess Iraqi deaths. 601,027 deaths (range of 426,369 to 793,663 using a 95% confidence interval) were due to violence. 31% of those were attributed to the Coalition, 24% to others, 46% unknown. The causes of violent deaths were gunshot (56%), car bomb (13%), other explosion/ordnance (14%), air strike (13%), accident (2%), unknown (2%).

The Lancet surveys are controversial largely because their mortality figures are much higher than those in other reports that used different methodologies, including those of the Iraq Body Count project, the United Nations, and the Iraqi Ministry of Health. Out of all the Iraqi casualty estimates so far, the Lancet surveys two of the three peer-reviewed estimates on the total Iraqi civilian deaths following the invasion. The Lancet surveys have been supported by many epidemiologists[5] and statisticians, as well as the September 2007 ORB survey. ORB used a survey method, as did the Lancet authors, and ORB also produced a high estimate of Iraqi deaths....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_surveys_of_casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

I have no problems with opinions opposed to my own. Ones based on facts that are correct. As much as I disagree with Earth as ones opinions, they are logical and based on facts.

The difference with your opinions, is that they are not based on facts. So I point out the facts.

This makes you annoyed, you also became very hostile after you let it slip that you do have racist and bigoted feelings towards certain groups. Then you became very defensive about that aspect of yourself.

I find the irony in your statement of victimization. You are allowed your opinon, but then I am not allowed my own? You can comment on my opinions, but no one can count on yours?

Grow up, then read a book. I find your baseless and instantly laughable attempts to imply "the facts are all there I just don't have time to explain them" humourous, I KNOW how much I read, and it is very unlikely there is too much more I could read that isn't classified that would give me a deeper understanding of the situation.

Just grow up and learn to accept that you are not the master of the world and people do not have to bow down to your opinions, not leave your "Facts" unchallenged. If they are wrong, take it as a compliment if someone points that out and learn from it.

Zorch: You point out little in the way of facts. You manipulate words and use them out of context in your effort to discredit that which you are not intelligent enough to counter. I agree that I post very to the point and not quite politically correct. Truths come that way. Several times I have challenged you to quote the message in which you interpreted bigotry. As yet, you have been too much a coward to do so. If Scroll Up isn't too complicated for your pea brain to comprehend, go back and read your own manure. In short, Zorch, you are a troll. I choose to ignore your crap.

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
It was a quick example of what I would accept as proof. I've really searched and honestly I can't find the source of the official 6 million Jewish death count from the holocaust. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I expect it does. I just can't find it. I'm looking at how this number was arrived at and to what level of accuracy.

You would think it would be easy to find???

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I'd allow anyone to emigrate to my country as long as they intend to be a productive member of it..race and religion should not matter. You guys have some very good arguments going here:smile:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

CTV.ca | Israel ambassador's comments 'unjustified': critics

Well last I checked, everybody was equally welcome to come and live in Canada and if many Muslims are coming here to live, then that's how it goes. What does he want us to do? Close our borders to people who are Muslim just so he can voice his side of arguments better with little opposition? Seems a tad racist to me.

"Baker told CTV's Mike Duffy Live that Muslim communities have impacted foreign policy in countries like Britain, France and Scandanavia -- and that he "fears" Canada might follow."

^ Well wtf? They're not supposed to have a say in things or have a voice at all in the countries in which they live? Should we only be listening to Israel and the Jewish community and ignore the other side of the arguments they present that might relate to Muslims in that area?

Seems to me like racism has come full circle in the Jewish community.

Well, let's compare freedom of religion, shall we:

Lebanon (Christianity in Lebanon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia):

Current political and religious issues
The Taif agreement helped establish a power sharing system between the Christian and Muslim Lebanese political parties [1]. The political and economic situation in Lebanon had improved greatly. Lebanon had rebuilt its infrastructure. The past affairs between Hezbollah and Israel have threatened to deteriorate Lebanon's political and economic situation, growing tension between March 8 and March 14 alliances are threatening Lebanon with strife. The Christian community is currently divided with some aligned with The Kataeb party, Michel Aoun's Free Patriotic Movement, and the Leader of the Lebanese Forces Movement [Samir Gaegae], and others with the various March 14 Christian leaders. Although the taif has been considered by some that it would degrade the Christian role in Lebanon removing much of the president's role (which is given to the Maronites) and increasing the roles of the prime minister (a Sunni), but the Lebanese Christian President still playes a major role in the Lebanese Politics as he is still the Commander in Chief of the armed forces and no governments can be formed without his approval and the presidential seal. Many Lebanese leaders including world leaders are currently reviewing the reinstatement of some of the powers of the President of the Lebanese Republic that was removed at the Taif agreement.
Christians also holds the position of the head of the army which formes the role of the Head of all armed forces that reports directly to the Commander in Chief [ The President of the Republic], this position is given to the Maronites since the establishment of the Lebanese army.
The president of the Lebanese Central bank is also a position held by Lebanese Christians as the majority of the banking systems and private banks in Lebanon which formes the strongest and biggest banks in the middle east these banks are laregly owned by Christians.

Israel (Religion in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia):

[edit] Religious tensions

The State of Israel allows freedom of religion for all religious communities, both in law and in practice. Freedom House reports: "Freedom of religion is respected. Each community has jurisdiction over its own members in matters of marriage, burial, and divorce." However, some minority religious communities face social pressure and, on occasion, obstruction from the government.
Religious tensions exist between Jewish haredi Israelis and Jewish non-haredi Israelis. Haredi Israeli males devote their young adulthood to full time Talmudic studies and therefore generally get exemptions from military service in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). Originally the exemption from uniform conscription was intended to apply to a small number of elite religious students. Many leaders of haredi yeshivas encourage students to apply for exemptions from service, ostensibly to protect them from the secularizing environment of the IDF. Throughout the years the leadership of the religious public raised many times complaints on problems which were caused to the religious soldiers during the course of the army service and that the army should adapt itself to thus population - there have been complaints over certain soldiers not being permitted to display tzitzit, there have been complaints over certain soldiers being forced to shave during the omer period, and most of the complaints were thereon that the IDF's units comprise of mixed population of male and female soldiers and that the female soldiers are allowed to wear clothes (undershirts and pants) which are not considered to be modest by the religious and orthodox population in the units' perimeters.
Over the years, the number of exempt people has grown to be about 10% of conscriptable manpower. Many secular Israelis consider the system of exemptions to be systematic shirking of duty to serve in the IDF by a large segment of society. Because of uniform conscription the burden of defending Israel is intended to be shared by all social classes, giving everyone in society a stake in the Zionist enterprise. The haredi (theological) counter-argument is that it is only in the merit of intense Torah and Talmud learning that God grants the Jews the blessings of survival in a sea of hostile enemies.
Haredi couples tend to marry at a young age (usually late teens to early twenties) and often rely on government assistance sooner and to a greater extent than do secular Israelis. Haredi Israelis are also represented by haredi political parties, which like all smaller parties in a system of proportional representation may tend to wield disproportionate political power at the point when government coalitions need to be negotiated and formed following national elections.
As of June 2008, the two main Haredi parties in the Knesset are Shas with twelve seats in the Knesset representing Sephardi and Mizrahi interests, and the Ashkenazi party, United Torah Judaism, an alliance of Degel HaTorah (Lithuanian Haredi) and Agudath Yisrael (Hasidic), which holds 6 seats in the 17th Knesset.
Secular Israelis often view haredi Israelis with distrust or animosity. In recent years, the Shinui party was created as a backlash to the perceived influence of the haredi parties, and to represent the interests of secular Jews that supposedly were not seen to by the other non-religious parties.
Constant tensions also exist between the Orthodox establishment and the Conservative and Reform movements. In Israel the Orthodox Jewish movements are by far the largest and strongest, with Conservative and Reform being quite small (in marked contrast to the United States). Only the Orthodox Jewish movements are officially recognized in Israel (though conversions conducted by Conservative and Reform clergy outside of Israel may be accepted for the purposes of the Law of Return).
As a result, unlike Orthodox Synagogues (or Muslim mosques or Christian churches) Conservative and Reform synagogues do not receive much government funding and support. Conservative and Reform rabbis can officiate at religious ceremonies; thus their marriages, divorces, and conversions are not considered valid. In addition, there has been persistent tension, and even protests by outraged Orthodox worshipers, at the Western Wall, preventing Conservative and Reform Jews from holding services which violate Orthodox norms.
The Israeli government often intervenes to stop the construction of new synagogues, mosques, and churches for a variety of reasons. Often it may be due to safety and environmental concerns. All groups face the same governmental scrutiny for required building permits and correct construction methods. In May 2003, Israeli government officials destroyed a newly-built Bedouin mosque in the village of Tal el-Malah after villagers defied a government ban on building a mosque to serve the local 1,500 Muslims. The nearest mosque was more than twelve kilometers away. Permission has been denied for Muslims to build mosques in other Bedouin villages. [32]

Sure there are flaws on both sides, but clearly Christians have just as much freedom as, if not more freedom and even political power than, in Isreael.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I remember a programme I'd seen while back, interpreted through the help of an Arabic-speaking friend, of a Lebanese Christian politician criticizing Israel and the US, while supporting the Hizbullah! It would seem that while foreign Christians tend to defend Israel against the Arab world, local Christians stand opposed. Schism in Christian ranks I see.

JBG

Nominee Member
Aug 8, 2005
NYC Area
I remember a programme I'd seen while back, interpreted through the help of an Arabic-speaking friend, of a Lebanese Christian politician criticizing Israel and the US, while supporting the Hizbullah! It would seem that while foreign Christians tend to defend Israel against the Arab world, local Christians stand opposed. Schism in Christian ranks I see.
Maybe the local Christians are more scared of Muslim violence than distant Christians?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Maybe the local Christians are more scared of Muslim violence than distant Christians?

He din't appear too scared. Actually, my friend mentioned that that Christian being interviewed could potentially become the future PM of Lebanon. Though I had a hard time understanding him, he seemed articulate, soft-spoken, polite, etc. Though he was critical of Western Christians sticking their noses in Middle East politics.

JBG

Nominee Member
Aug 8, 2005
NYC Area
Though he was critical of Western Christians sticking their noses in Middle East politics.
I'm equally critical of non-citizen Muslims sticking their nose into ouro politics, such as blaming brutal, senseless attacks on our policies. I'm even more critical of their using their countries as a staging area for such attacks.

Why can Muslims live among us whereas Christians (and Jews) living among Muslims face violence or at the very least degradation?