Is it wrong to call or name a person or persons coloured

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've invited friends. They just aren't interested in this combat, like I am.

Is this guy a friend of yours 55?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I suppose "labels" are always a little risky and don't generally tell the whole story.

I was just saying this not long ago to a Black guy I know....'If you were looking for me in a crowd and you needed help looking you would identify me as white, bald, six feet 220 pounds so is it wrong if I would identify you as Black, bald six ft.two 240 pounds? I can't call you african american since you're from Haiti and Canadian....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was just saying this not long ago to a Black guy I know....'If you were looking for me in a crowd and you needed help looking you would identify me as white, bald, six feet 220 pounds so is it wrong if I would identify you as Black, bald six ft.two 240 pounds? I can't call you african american since you're from Haiti and Canadian....
You're white???

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I've invited friends. They just aren't interested in this combat, like I am.

Is this guy a friend of yours 55?
Actually, no, Bear. He was just someone trying to discuss this political issue in the technical help section.

...yeah... and I thought 'fresh meat for Bear!'

garner what you will from that.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I like coloured eggs.
Once an egg is in the frying pan, you can't tell if the shell was brown or white....

You're white???

Naah...I'm just "passing"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What's clear is why no one here invites their real-life friends.

:?D
Personally, the very first thing I did when I first found this forum was to read through all the current threads in the live forum feed. To give me an idea of a)is there anyone on here that I would be inclined to engage with and b)who did I think was and wasn't worth engaging with. What I found was that all threads inevitably go through topic changes, humour is often used (which I personally find delightful :) ) and there is a wonderful world of differing opinions available here. The folks that post here can be funny, intelligent, argumentative, frustrating; say some brilliantly insightful things and some colosally stupid things too.

Just like folks in "real life".

Were I to invite someone I knew to check out this forum, personally I'd make mention of all the above. Maybe not so much as a "warning" but definitely as a disclaimer.

Because if someone isn't sure they can swim, then jumping into the deep end might not be such a good idea.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Castor canadensis and Castor fiber are known for building dams, canals, and lodges homes. This water dwelling rodent has been referred to as the beaver which I find completely inappropriate and somewhat sexist. I move that we abandon this name and stricken it from all books, periodicals, and Hinterland Who's Who vignettes.

Meet the Vagina Squirell

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Castor canadensis and Castor fiber are known for building dams, canals, and lodges homes. This water dwelling rodent has been referred to as the beaver which I find completely inappropriate and somewhat sexist. I move that we abandon this name and stricken it from all books, periodicals, and Hinterland Who's Who vignettes.

Meet the Vagina Squirrel

Great, now there's coffee in my lap top!!!

Egads! I hope there are never any of those signs posted here!

What the hell would I read with my morning coffee otherwise? ;)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Seriously though.

WTF is it with people trying to sanitize history?

This is the same kind of bull that brings about Kangaroo Courts like the HRC and threatens free speech at its core. This new wave of politically correct numb skulls are no different than the self righteous groups who wanted books burned because they were blasphemous.