Is a fetus a Human being?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No we are not, we are discussing whether a fetus is considered human...

Well...it seems that, for the most part, everyone is in agreement that a "fetus" is a human being. So how about you answer the question I posed.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well...it seems that, for the most part, everyone is in agreement that a "fetus" is a human being. So how about you answer the question I posed.

I never did say that I could justify killing a human, a fetus. In fact, I have never posted my position on abortion. It's not relevant. However, what I believe shouldn't necessarily be enforced on others.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If we outlawed abortion based of the fetus being human, then we would have to outlaw war, which would crash the economy worldwide and would take decades to recover from. We would have to outlaw tazers, guns, knives and brainwash every child born so they get violently ill every time they think of doing harm to another. And then the population of the planet would triple every twenty five years and we would all starve to death within the next fifty and then there would be no more humans to have abortions because we would have aborted the entire race. Might not be a bad idea.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I never did say that I could justify killing a human, a fetus. In fact, I have never posted my position on abortion. It's not relevant. However, what I believe shouldn't necessarily be enforced on others.

Really..... do you agree with putting someone in jail for life for killing a 1 month old baby? Or do you believe that you shouldn't force that belief on someone else?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
gerryh Yeah put a person in jail for killing a one month old baby because if you don't then that person will kill an older person.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Ok, if the 2 of you agree that it is a living human being, how do you justify killing that human life?

I've probably explained it to you 20 times on this forum. I can no longer be bothered.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What of the unwanted child who spends most of its childhood going from foster home to foster home and turns into an ax murderer, rapist or bank robber(well I could forgive him that)? Are we going to kill it too?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Why do you keep debating an issue that has no bearing on an abortion debate? Please stop pretending that it does, or look into something other than religious abortion sites to gain some insight.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Here's the issue, clearly stated via a ruling that struck down Canada's old abortion law:

In 1988, the Supreme Court of Canada struck down Canada's abortion law as unconstitutional. The law was found to violate Section 7 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms because it infringed upon a woman's right to "life, liberty and security of person."

Chief Justice Brian Dickson wrote: "Forcing a woman, by threat of criminal sanction to carry a foetus to term unless she meets certain criteria unrelated to her own priorities and aspirations, is a profound interference with a woman's body and thus a violation of her security of the person."

Notice that it doesn't have anything to do with the definition of human life as it pertains to the fetus?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Why do you keep debating an issue that has no bearing on an abortion debate? Please stop pretending that it does, or look into something other than religious abortion sites to gain some insight.

For many, not admitting that a fetus is a real human being is how they justify abortion. It does have alot to do with abortion.

Your "lame" reasoning of "it not being your responsibility or right to impose on another person" is a cop out. If it's a real, live, human....a baby..... then it is EVERYBODY's responsibility to ensure the saftey of that baby. If it is a real live human baby, then killing it is no different than killing a 1 month old...or a 1 year old, or a 5 year old.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Here's the issue, clearly stated via a ruling that struck down Canada's old abortion law:

Notice that it doesn't have anything to do with the definition of human life as it pertains to the fetus?

and the law is an ass and is wrong.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
For many, not admitting that a fetus is a real human being is how they justify abortion. It does have alot to do with abortion.

Your "lame" reasoning of "it not being your responsibility or right to impose on another person" is a cop out. If it's a real, live, human....a baby..... then it is EVERYBODY's responsibility to ensure the saftey of that baby. If it is a real live human baby, then killing it is no different than killing a 1 month old...or a 1 year old, or a 5 year old.
After reading this entire thread, I am beginning to wish my mother believed in abortion.:roll:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and another thing Kreskin, religion has very little to do with what I think oftaking a human life. There are MANY things in the Christian eligion that I do not agree with and I do not follow, so try another tact with me, that one doesn't wash.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It might appear that way if you only read biased headlines. Dig a little deeper, it makes complete sense.

No it doesn't, because there is no good reason for taking a life. Especially a childs.