Investigation appears underway in Kadaffy's death.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Oddly, though I read relations were normalized between the US and Libya, I find nothing in your link to indicate this alliance of which you've spoken several times with the United States. Are we to accept that your propaganda is any better than any other?

It was on a BBC documentary , that profiled Gaddafi's rule , that I heard the term aliance . Now , that might have been their interpretation of the "relationship"....

That does not negate the fact that he had been in favor with the US , regardless of what term you use to describe the "relationship"

Not sure what "normalized " really means in politics as being an "enemy" or "friend" of the US might be the "normal" depending on the country.;-)

In this case one assumes that "normalized" means on friendly terms. (or as friendly as one can be in the world of politics )

Calls for Probe as Gadhafi Autopsy Completed

Calls for Probe as Gadhafi Autopsy Completed -- News from Antiwar.com

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why .........because YOU disagree with my views?? Seems when folks can't present a valid arguement to my views.....they immediately fall into the OB bashing.

You just don't get the picture do you? The guy was a fricken terrorist and was a terror way back in 1974............you might want to check with people who were alive in '74 and followed the news then................40 years of the prick was enough. "he lived by the sword, he died by the sword" exactly as it should be. How many of his victims were granted the nicety of trials? Find something else to bitch about - maybe Paul Bernardo and Pickton aren't getting prime rib steak every night!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Where on earth have I said anything about supporting Gaddafi and his horrific regime. He has been a sore on the planet for ages. But that did not stop from the US being on friendly terms with him as long as it suited them.There is yet to be a dictator or despot politician that the US did not like ........until said dictator started to think independantly..........and particularly if said dictator was sitting on a pile of oil reserves.

The uprising and some of his most recent conduct gave the US an opening to change face and suddenly become'oh so humanitarian under the umbrella of the revolt.

I supported the uprsing completely. I even thought it was quite smart that the US pushed for involvement .....but under the umbrella of NATO......and therefore sharing the responsibility.

(even if they US- are the orginal hypocrits on the planet).. but every now and then even hypocrits make a REASONABLE decision,

Seems that some on here need to bring up everything including the toilet brush to bash OB..... and yet do NOT present valid facts to support their enthusiasm for the barbarism that took place when he was slaughtered.

It is civilizations ethos that EVERY PERSON (no matter the crime) deserves his day in court. He was captured alive. He did not have to be BUTCHERED allive. in the most primitive way that is so obscene it makes one sick.

You just don't get it. It is THE HOW HE WAS BUTCHERED AFTER HE WAS CAUGHT and then SHOT to KILL that I oppose.

NO human being......no matter how evil or devious deserves that . And if THAT Is how "justice " is going to be carried out now.....then we have just reverted to barbaric ways that are worse than any Sharia laws.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You just don't get the picture do you? The guy was a fricken terrorist and was a terror way back in 1974............you might want to check with people who were alive in '74 and followed the news then................40 years of the prick was enough. "he lived by the sword, he died by the sword" exactly as it should be. How many of his victims were granted the nicety of trials? Find something else to bitch about - maybe Paul Bernardo and Pickton aren't getting prime rib steak every night!

JLM: you should know better...this is what her ignore button is for'.....

BREEZY

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Where on earth have I said anything about supporting Gaddafi and his horrific regime. He has been a sore on the planet for ages. But that did not stop from the US being on friendly terms with him as long as it suited them.

When you go to the hardware store for a box of screws do you ask for the proprietor's police record or his church attendance record?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Oh wow.......he had his golden gun on him. Do you have a photo or a video of that??

and even if he did........why didn't he use it??? Why was he begging for his life as he was brutally attacked.??

Look......no one is saying that Libya is not better without him. That is a no brainer. At least until we see what replaces him and how it begins to pan out. FOR THE PEOPLE of LIBYA.

Did they want their freedom from HIS particularly destructive rule or true Democracy and the kind of freedom that comes with that??

Do we know what the Libyans are wanting and thinking. ?? Do we know HOW they plan to impliment "freedom"?? After living under such a ghastly dictatorship.........what do they really know about democracy??

What type of governing system will they install now??? What will they call it.??

What will they feel and want when the initial euphoria wears off??\

What legal system do they plan to install?? How do they intend to make it work??

IF "justice" is what they did to Gaddafi ......is that the kind of "justice" they will use on others??

An ugly precident has been set for a country that says it wants civility and freedom. (and human rights)

and just because they have set a time for an election.........does not mean that true democracy will be in effect. Dictators had "elections " too.

Last edited:

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
I've been wondering how many of that 'sadistic bunch' had members of their own family dispatched by Daffy? I wonder how many of them suffered various cruelties under Daffy's regime? It is so easy for us here in Canada to sit back and make bald statements about the killing of this creep when we have never been touched by his horrific rule. You reap what you sow.

The Kingdom of Libya, from 1951 to 1969, was marked by a regime, where Libya had a low literacy rate of 10%, a low life expectancy of 57 years, and 40% of the population lived in shanties, tents, or caves.

Under Gaddafi's jamahiriya regime, the country's literacy rate rose to 90%, life expectancy rose to 77 years, equal rights were established for women and black people, employment opportunities were established for migrant workers, and welfare systems were introduced that allowed access to free education, free healthcare, and financial assistance for housing. The Great Manmade River was also built to allow free access to fresh water across large parts of the country.[1] In addition, financial support was provided for university scholarships and employment programs,[5] while the nation as a whole was largely debt-free.[6] As a result, Libya's Human Development Index in 2010 was the highest in Africa and greater than that of Saudi Arabia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Libya