How did you vote?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
See that's the thing that bugs me with the whole election process..... people wanting to vote for a paticular party, but thinks the party they like won't win, so they vote for one of the others..... they're of course not going to win if eveybody thinks that way and doesn't bother to vote for them and "Throws their vote away" to the party they suspect will win.

They win because of your vote...

You misunderstood my post. I voted Liberal not because I wanted them to win, but because I did not want the Conservative to win. If I wasn't in a riding where it was a close race between the Green or NDP and the Conservative I would have voted Green or NDP.

The problem is the first past the poll electoral system. I voted as if the NDP and the Green were already eliminated and it was a choice between a Liberal and a Conservative. Given that choice, I voted Liberal.

As it turned out I was right. The NDP and Greens were were 15,000 votes behind the conservative. They didn't have a chance. The Liberal just beat the Conservative and my Liberal vote made a difference. I could live with a Liberal minority government, but I absolutely did not want a Conservative majority. If I didn't vote Liberal and voted for my first or secound choice, my last choice could have won my riding.

Do you understand my logic?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Colpy

I got a description on who did this.

It was a group of people with white garments with a big blue letter C with a red maple leaf inside the C.

Some of them had slightly brown brake fluid on their hands.

As they were running away some of them had specks of red Liberal sign paper embedded in the souls of their shoes.

None of them had any nametags so I did not know who they were.

I hope this helps

Well then, you should invoke the War Measures Act, and run around acting like an idiot.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
TenPenny

Running around like an idiot I will leave that to the Conservatives.

Like true idiots they decided to call an election one year before the set date of October 2009.

Reactions: dancing-loon

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You misunderstood my post. I voted Liberal not because I wanted them to win, but because I did not want the Conservative to win. If I wasn't in a riding where it was a close race between the Green or NDP and the Conservative I would have voted Green or NDP.

The problem is the first past the poll electoral system. I voted as if the NDP and the Green were already eliminated and it was a choice between a Liberal and a Conservative. Given that choice, I voted Liberal.

As it turned out I was right. The NDP and Greens were were 15,000 votes behind the conservative. They didn't have a chance. The Liberal just beat the Conservative and my Liberal vote made a difference. I could live with a Liberal minority government, but I absolutely did not want a Conservative majority. If I didn't vote Liberal and voted for my first or secound choice, my last choice could have won my riding.

Do you understand my logic?

I understand your logic, but you must understand the Liberal Party's logic, and it goes like this:

Hmmm... whenever the Conservatives come close to a majority, ll we need to do is raise the fear of a Conservtive majority and present ourselves as the ABC party, and they all flock to us. Look, it worked this time, so it will work next time, so why in the world would we want to have any relectoral reform.

It's thanks to people like you, earth_as_one.