How did you vote?

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
See that's the thing that bugs me with the whole election process..... people wanting to vote for a paticular party, but thinks the party they like won't win, so they vote for one of the others..... they're of course not going to win if eveybody thinks that way and doesn't bother to vote for them and "Throws their vote away" to the party they suspect will win.

They win because of your vote.

These elections would be more interesting if more people actually voted to what they believed in, which party best represented their own interests, rather then voting for who you think is going to win...... to me, that's not how democracy should be run.

Case in point.... I voted NDP. I wasn't sure about their chances, nor did I care. They had the best campaign, they answered the issues directly, they did the job they were supposed to do and they covered a lot more about what I actually cared about then many of the others....... but in the back of my mind, I figured more would vote Conservative over any other party and thus would win this election.

Does that mean that since I figured the Conservatives were going to win that I should vote for them? Why? Just to prove my suspecions? Sure, ok.... doesn't do anything good for what I want in the country mind you. Doesn't do any good to the parties that could have made a real change...... all it would have done was keep things they way they currently are and prolong any real change from the status quo.

Oh well.

Personal Opinion:

We have to get away from the status quo.
This election had the lowest voter turn out in history of Canada.

.......the evolution of the Conservative Party has to end....but we all have to suffer some more due to lack of interest and apathy....Harpo is laughing at us......and we don't see it.....very sad for Canada....the secret agenda keeps going on and on and............................

dirtylinder

get dirty
Apr 24, 2007
vancouver island
I was thinking, I shouldn't vote for the Independant ...because he won't win, but he made the most sense at the "all candidates" forum, so I voted for him anyways!

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I was thinking, I shouldn't vote for the Independant ...because he won't win, but he made the most sense at the "all candidates" forum, so I voted for him anyways!

Good for you because you went with your gut!
I applaud you.
Honesty is the best policy.

scratch

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Conservative.

Not that I like them so much but I sure don't want to pay more taxes or perpetuate the welfare state. Welfare is for when you're down and out, not so you can live the Layton Life. Probably good we got another minority though. Now Harper can't do anything too stupid and we are safe from the Green Shaft.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I voted Liberal just because the Conservative volunteers destroyed a lot of Liberal signs and cut brake lines on cars in my area.

I will not vote for a party that does not respect individual rights and has to resort to violence to get their leader elected.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I voted Liberal just because the Conservative volunteers destroyed a lot of Liberal signs and cut brake lines on cars in my area.

I will not vote for a party that does not respect individual rights and has to resort to violence to get their leader elected.
\
First of all, LIBERALMAN, I sincerely doubt your initial claim... :).........'just because"??????......secondly, if you know who cut brake lines and destroyed signs, you should be in contact with the police. If you don't know, you should STFU.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
\
First of all, LIBERALMAN, I sincerely doubt your initial claim... :).........'just because"??????......secondly, if you know who cut brake lines and destroyed signs, you should be in contact with the police. If you don't know, you should STFU.

Good point & advice!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Do you have any actual evidence proving that Conservatives did this?

Could it have been any other party?

Could it even had no relation to any party and could have just been some person who didn't like Liberals acting on their own?

No evidence, no proof claiming who did what..... hell, for all we know the Liberals could have done this to themselves to get a sympathy vote.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

And you somehow believe that the Liberal Party respects individual rights?

Your suggestion that somehow the conservative party organized cutting brake lines is insulting to a lot of intelligent people. Yes, some idiot(s) did this. But there's no evidence that it was the conservative party; it is just as likely to be a mental patient who has a grudge against the liberal candidate.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
And you somehow believe that the Liberal Party respects individual rights?

Your suggestion that somehow the conservative party organized cutting brake lines is insulting to a lot of intelligent people. Yes, some idiot(s) did this. But there's no evidence that it was the conservative party; it is just as likely to be a mental patient who has a grudge against the liberal candidate.

I won't agree or disagree but whomever did this knew that their target was Liberal vehicules.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I won't agree or disagree but whomever did this knew that their target was Liberal vehicules.

Hell anybody can do that.... look online for the listing of Liberal candidates in your area, goto their headquarters and see which cars they come out of, cut the cables.

Or....

Follow them home, or get their home addresses from online and do the same in their driveways.

Heck a 9 year old could do this, so long as they looked up what a breakline was.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Hell anybody can do that.... look online for the listing of Liberal candidates in your area, goto their headquarters and see which cars they come out of, cut the cables.

Or....

Follow them home, or get their home addresses from online and do the same in their driveways.

Heck a 9 year old could do this, so long as they looked up what a breakline was.

So true.

And too easy.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

You are nuts... a lot of conservative signs got destroyed in my area and mysteriously Liberal signs appeared at the same place and same time, so I would be willing to bet it was liberal a holes who did it here. Pretty self evident. But I doubt there is any proof of your accusations...

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Colpy

I got a description on who did this.

It was a group of people with white garments with a big blue letter C with a red maple leaf inside the C.

Some of them had slightly brown brake fluid on their hands.

As they were running away some of them had specks of red Liberal sign paper embedded in the souls of their shoes.

None of them had any nametags so I did not know who they were.

I hope this helps

Last edited:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Colpy

It was a group of people with white garments with a big blue letter C with a red maple leaf inside the C.

As they were running away some of them had specks of red liberal sign paper embedded in the souls of their shoes.

I hope this helps

So, did you report this?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Colpy

As they were running away some of them had specks of red Liberal sign paper embedded in the souls of their shoes.

I hope this helps

Brown brake fluid? Should have been red like the Liberals and it was overdue to be changed
then. I don't agree with what happened, but you should file a report with the police including
your descriptions.