How did you vote?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
When I entered the voting station I asked them where the dartboard was. If they had one I would've used it.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
All they give you is a stubby two inch pencil. Ink = spoiled
sadly ink doesnt spoil a vote, that is something "they" would like you to believe, but infact its illegal to use a pencil on ANY legal document and a ballot paper is a legal document, is it not?

Last edited:

DavidB

Nominee Member
Apr 24, 2006
www.akiti.ca
Conservative.

In fact, this is probably the first election in which I have actually heard somebody say what I want them to say: Harper said no new programs, new taxes, etc. Just hold the current course.

Usually it is hard for a politician to avoid doing something. Especially at election time. It is good to see somebody come out and say the best course of action at the moment is to do nothing. It is better than making huge, expensive promises that mean more taxes (no thanks!!).

AL67

May 13, 2007
Alberta
Conservative.

In fact, this is probably the first election in which I have actually heard somebody say what I want them to say: Harper said no new programs, new taxes, etc. Just hold the current course.

Usually it is hard for a politician to avoid doing something. Especially at election time. It is good to see somebody come out and say the best course of action at the moment is to do nothing. It is better than making huge, expensive promises that mean more taxes (no thanks!!).

My thoughts exactly, well said.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
sadly ink doesnt spoil a vote, that is something "they" would like you to believe, but infact its illegal to use a pencil on ANY legal document and a ballot paper is a legal document, is it not?

Sue Elections Canada. Funny thing.... I have seen a couple of ballots put aside because they were marked with ink.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Conservative.

here here

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
How I voted...

well...

I can never make up my mind. I've voted across the board in previous elections and have no alliance to anyone.

I didn't vote NDP cuz, they turned their back on the marijuana vote, therefore they're backstabbers....

I didn't vote Green, cuz that's just ridiculous...maybe another election...if they get a stronger platform and more organized....and a male leader.....and lose that whole carbon tax idea....

The Libs? hahahahahaha hahahaha yeah right! There a bunch of carbon taxers as well, and that's just one step closer to a breathing air tax.... Not only that, Dion just doesn't look like a leader... he looks like a guy that would be really annoying.

I reluctanely voting for the cons, pretty strong indictations that they would only get a minority gov, plus I really, really, really, think that the GST should be done away with..... maybe they will cut it further....

Last edited:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
How I voted...

well...

I can never make up my mind. I've voted across the board in previous elections and have no alliance to anyone.

I didn't vote NDP cuz, they turned their back on the marijuana vote, therefore they're backstabbers....

I didn't vote Green, cuz that's just ridiculous...maybe another election...if they get a stronger platform and more organized....and a male leader.....and lose that whole carbon tax idea....

The Libs? hahahahahaha hahahaha yeah right! There a bunch of carbon taxers as well, and that's just one step closer to a breathing air tax.... Not only that, Dion just doesn't look like a leader... he looks like a guy that would be really annoying.

I reluctanely voting for the cons, pretty strong indictations that they would only get a minority gov, plus I really, really, really, think that the GST should be done away with..... maybe they will cut it further....

Dump the GST.....oh yeah.....we'll see!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
NDP.... not like it made a difference.

I agree with many here that the voting system needs a revamp..... not like that will ever be done.

Maybe now the Conservatives and Liberals will smarten up...... like that will ever happen.

Yeah, and maybe I'll also shut my mouth..... not like I ever did that before :p

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I held my nose and voted liberal so the conservative wouldn't win. If the NDP or Greens had a remote chance, I would have voted for either. The green because I agree with the economic and environmental agenda. NDP because I agree with their social agenda.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
See that's the thing that bugs me with the whole election process..... people wanting to vote for a paticular party, but thinks the party they like won't win, so they vote for one of the others..... they're of course not going to win if eveybody thinks that way and doesn't bother to vote for them and "Throws their vote away" to the party they suspect will win.

They win because of your vote.

These elections would be more interesting if more people actually voted to what they believed in, which party best represented their own interests, rather then voting for who you think is going to win...... to me, that's not how democracy should be run.

Case in point.... I voted NDP. I wasn't sure about their chances, nor did I care. They had the best campaign, they answered the issues directly, they did the job they were supposed to do and they covered a lot more about what I actually cared about then many of the others....... but in the back of my mind, I figured more would vote Conservative over any other party and thus would win this election.

Does that mean that since I figured the Conservatives were going to win that I should vote for them? Why? Just to prove my suspecions? Sure, ok.... doesn't do anything good for what I want in the country mind you. Doesn't do any good to the parties that could have made a real change...... all it would have done was keep things they way they currently are and prolong any real change from the status quo.

Oh well.