Herman Cain could be the Republican nominee for President

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Cain is the front runner so far, and the only willing to one willing try something different. He will never get his 999 through, but you can almost bet there will be some sort of change.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
[/FONT]

Yeah, Cain is battling fellow conservatives/Republicans right now, not "the left". Some of these conservatives/Republicans have good, legit cricitisms of Cain.

It's called trying to win the GOP Primary. Obama vs. Clinton was quite nasty.

[/FONT]

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's called trying to win the GOP Primary. Obama vs. Clinton was quite nasty.[/FONT]

Just wondering what you think about Ron Paul, Eagle. I listened to what he had to say in one of Fox's debates and thought he had some good ideas about making government smaller and doing away with many of the overlapping bureaucracies. I know he is a libertarian but wonder what you and other Americans here think about his policies?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Just wondering what you think about Ron Paul, Eagle. I listened to what he had to say in one of Fox's debates and thought he had some good ideas about making government smaller and doing away with many of the overlapping bureaucracies. I know he is a libertarian but wonder what you and other Americans here think about his policies?

Ron Paul has been the most consistent candidate in the past 20 or so years. I think he is probably the most honest of all the candidates, (both party's.) Wouldn't lose any sleep if he become President.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
No way ! Ron Paul is way to good for the American's they don't deserve someone that good.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Did he touch you with his.... gasp... his tea bag?

Thanks for the invite but after 60 years I'm quite satisfied with the straight life.

----------------------------

Now, back on topic ~ it is clear that Cain is being crucified by his fellow Republicans. I see no evidence as of yet that Democrats have even attempted to attack him since the GOP is doing a good of it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Cain is the front runner so far, and the only willing to one willing try something different. He will never get his 999 through, but you can almost bet there will be some sort of change.
999+9...He didn't mention to media the the fouth 9... 9% payroll tax paid by employers.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
On top of all those Federal taxes will be State and local taxes, we will only save (maybe on the federal taxes) till the next election when they raise the tax rate to 12% or higher.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Still having issues with your reading abilities eh.

Nah, but just keep your tea bags to yourself.

On top of all those Federal taxes will be State and local taxes, we will only save (maybe on the federal taxes) till the next election when they raise the tax rate to 12% or higher.

As I have written before on this forum, there is no need for an income tax. Just call in all capital sheltered overseas in tax free accounts and the nation's debts will all be settled overnight.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ron Paul has been the most consistent candidate in the past 20 or so years. I think he is probably the most honest of all the candidates, (both party's.) Wouldn't lose any sleep if he become President.

I thought he was the most interesting candidate at the debate. I sure was onside with his thoughts on the downsizing of government and letting the individual states have even more authority. I suppose he doesn't have a hope in hell of winning though.

I gotta say that the so-called front runners like Perry and Romney leave me cold. I don't like politicians who look like they came out of some mold and care more about having big white smiles, hair sprayed dos and such than what is actually happening in their country. I am also very leery of politicians who are tight with religious groups - there should definitely be separation between churches and the state and some of these people are waaay too cozy with them,IMHO.

I just hope that whoever does win the presidency, he/she will finally get the US back on track fiscally.

Have also often wondered why US elections go on for what seems like years. Don't it's citizens get to the point where they just start tuning it all out? I know I would. I must say I do like our system better though I know many here would probably disagree.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

I don't know, does he have any experience murdering innocent civilians in their homes? How about truth, does he know how to avoid it? Does he know any bankers?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

I don't know, does he have any experience murdering innocent civilians in their homes? How about truth, does he know how to avoid it? Does he know any bankers?
Speaking of bankers, is yours monitoring your trust fund ok these days?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

I

Have also often wondered why US elections go on for what seems like years. Don't it's citizens get to the point where they just start tuning it all out? I know I would. I must say I do like our system better though I know many here would probably disagree.

They do don't they. Tacky mindless empty idiotic waste of time and money to bolster the illusion of great change hovering on the not to distant horizon, they peddle hope like pop corn. Of course you need a particularly poorly educated electorate with a very short memory and the attention span of a puddle to really make it work. Most are mesmerized by the hair, take Kerry for example or Perry or Romney, all have celebrity big hair.
[/FONT]

Speaking of bankers, is yours monitoring your trust fund ok these days?

My banker is Jesus.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
My banker is Jesus.
It's ok pumpkin, your secret is out. Palatial estate, funded and supported by the investments and hard work of your dear old Dad.

It's ok to embrace capitalism openly. Why not? You suckle at its teat, like a young lamb at it's mothers.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

How's your Carl Sagan obsession?