Harper Agriculture Minister jokes about Listeria

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I can't believe how much has been made of this. Yeah, it was insensitive and Yeah, it's gallows humour.
Gallows humour is a coping mechanism. Who here hasn't done it? The last time I remember using it
myself was on the Thread about the Greyhound beheading....as in, "Where you beheading?" I wasn't
the only one either. Hell, it was funny and it was on a public forum....so it could have potentially reached
many more people than this "...of a thousand cold cuts" guy if the media hadn't jumped on it.
We're all guilty. We've all done it. We're all a bunch of Bastards. Myself included. Going forward....

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
I can't believe how much has been made of this. Yeah, it was insensitive and Yeah, it's gallows humour.
Gallows humour is a coping mechanism. Who here hasn't done it? The last time I remember using it
myself was on the Thread about the Greyhound beheading....as in, "Where you beheading?" I wasn't
the only one either. Hell, it was funny and it was on a public forum....so it could have potentially reached
many more people than this "...of a thousand cold cuts" guy if the media hadn't jumped on it.
We're all guilty. We've all done it. We're all a bunch of Bastards. Myself included. Going forward....
"Where you beheading" ? That's great. I will be using it.