Harper Agriculture Minister jokes about Listeria

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Quoting Ignatieff:
"This is a government who at a time when Canadians are dying of listeriosis has an agriculture minister making cheap and offensive cracks," Ignatieff told the crowd of Liberal candidates and supporters.
"That is not leadership; that is callous incompetence. A real leader would fire Gerry Ritz."
lmao More pontificating from a Glib. Politicians in general have no concern over Canadians. The Glibs are the same when they get in power, callous and ignorant. 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other.

I saw a news clip of aPAULing Martin when he went to the Philipines after that tsunami. He looked like he thought all he would see was a couple blown down grass housesl joking around a little and then he almost upchucked when he actually saw dead people and he couldn't wait to hightail it out of there. No offer to help anyone .... just scoot back to Canada and throw money in the Phillipines direction. Really heartwarming.

So 99% of pols are the same .... 99% flatulence.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
YOU NOW, i'M STARTIG TO THINK WE NEED TO BE TESTED FOR INTELIGENCE BEFORE WE VOTE!!

Sure bad choice of Jokes, not good. Maybe even an offence that during an election may get you booted out, but hell this is wahat we look at before we vote.

Radio and Newspapers with spend a solid 8 hours on this, while spending 3 mins on a promised policy?? We would actually base our next 4 year future on a bad joke.??

please! and i don't care what party says what..I want to here ploicy and outlook, this country does not run on good taste or bad taste jokes...This aint E-talk daily is it?

Policy is what drives people to vote one way or another. Usually a single one is what helps someone to make up their mind about who not to vote for. But I'm telling you, people look to leaders like these guys to be role models. They should be proud to be considered such a thing. If discretion is so poor when their job is on the line, what is it going to be like when they have a golden pension secured and most likely will get appointed to their next position? Let me answer that for you, it will be lousy.

I don't want an asswipe in Ottawa that makes jokes about 17 people being killed from anything. It just isn't ****ing funny, mature or responsible.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Policy is what drives people to vote one way or another. Usually a single one is what helps someone to make up their mind about who not to vote for. But I'm telling you, people look to leaders like these guys to be role models. They should be proud to be considered such a thing. If discretion is so poor when their job is on the line, what is it going to be like when they have a golden pension secured and most likely will get appointed to their next position? Let me answer that for you, it will be lousy.

I don't want an asswipe in Ottawa that makes jokes about 17 people being killed from anything. It just isn't ****ing funny, mature or responsible.

Good comment Unforgiven, typical of the mouth it came from, 17 people die under the Conservative watch and the loser has the nerve to belittle their horrible circumstance…….caused by the minister………..

Oh they will be a great Government with a majority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the Conservatives will sent the Canadian voters to the slaughter house like pigs…..
All these pictures with children photo ups the carrying Conservatives what a load of hog wash…… :angry3:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol: ..No wonder Herr Harpo wants them all gagged.

Collectively, they'd gag a maggot.

Course, a respectable maggot wouldn't have anything to do with em.

:cool:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Good comment Unforgiven, typical of the mouth it came from, 17 people die under the Conservative watch and the loser has the nerve to belittle their horrible circumstance…….caused by the minister………..
Hey, waitaminit!! I don't think the horrible circumstance was caused by the minister. Last I heard it was Maple Leaf's incompetence that caused it.

Oh they will be a great Government with a majority,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the Conservatives will sent the Canadian voters to the slaughter house like pigs…..
All these pictures with children photo ups the carrying Conservatives what a load of hog wash…… :angry3:
Yeah. Kinda like the Glibs were, the NDP probably would be, etc.

HarperCensor

Sep 18, 2008
Harper sets the tone, his team follow his lead

What this Ritz affair highlights (again) is that Harper sets the tone. His team just follow his lead. Its like any sports team, if the coach is a fight tooth and nail, win at all costs guy, then the team will be the same (or they are benched or cut from team).
  • Harper's Agriculture Minister, Gerry Ritz, making poor taste jokes about deadly poisoning
  • Harper's director of communications, Ryan Sparrow, emailed CTV News saying Jim Davis (father of slain soldier Cpl. Paul Davis) was a supporter of Liberal MP Michael Ignatief
  • Harper opposing the inclusion of Green Leader Elizabeth May in the debates.
  • Harper's poor taste (and stupid) ad on its website showing a puffin pooping on Liberal Leader Stephane Dion.
  • The resignation of a Harper Halifax candidate who had a criminal record.
  • Harper 'presumes' that Dion is a family man too
  • Harper declares "'The other parties do not believe in tougher laws against criminals,"
  • on and on .. the negative and well, outright false, statements from Harper pour forth
These repeated poor taste events and repeated apologies show us that:
  • Harper is not about principle, honesty, sportsmanship, higher ideals.
  • Harper is a win at all costs kind of guy.
  • Harper stabbed Preston Manning in the back.
  • Harper broke his fixed election promise.
  • Harper and his team can apologize all they want but where is the shame? They are just the kind of people who don't have shame.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...nistan_080911/20080911?hub=TopStories&s_name=

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The joke was callous and insensitive, but clearly a joke and not intended to be a policy statement. Death by a thousand cold cuts... Lighten up.

What's more important is: Did this minister react appropriately when he realized the magnitude of the problem? and Does he recognize that flaws in the system were the cause of a slow response which may have caused additional deaths? That's what should determine his future, not his dark humor which for some people is how they initially react to a crisis.

What a bunch of garbage, self serving righteous fools……………
If one of your family members died you would be screaming like a bunch of Hyenas….
After a remark, what do you expect?
The Conservatives are,
-INSENSITIVE
-HOMOPHOBIC
-MANIPULATORS
-LIARS
-SECRETIVE
-ANTI IMMIGRATION
-BAD FINANCIAL MANAGERS (DEFICIT AFTER DEFICIT)
-MEAN SPIRITED
-SNOOPS
ALL THAT AND MORE, THEY WOULD BE A GREAT MAJORETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If one of your family members died you would be screaming like a bunch of Hyenas….
The Conservatives are,
-INSENSITIVE
-HOMOPHOBIC
-MANIPULATORS
-LIARS
-SECRETIVE
-ANTI IMMIGRATION
-MEAN SPIRITED
-SNOOPS
And any other party that got into power would not have their own dysfunctional qualities? Why just rail at the Cons? The Glibs are just as bad, the NDP are a joke, the Greens are kinda cool but ineffectual, etc. I have a 6' long list somewhere in this machine about all the crap that swirled constantly around aPAULing Martin. The only effective thing I ever saw Layton do was accept Martin's desperate bribe to help him stay in the PMO. So? My point is that 99% of pols are made of human waste product, not just Harpy.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Does anyone recall Dion's FAVOURITE joke about 'Bam the dog'. It goes something like this, A little girl asks her father why the dog is named Bam. Dad repiles"well he crossed the street and a car came by and BAM"....... Yeah,I guess no one here will be voting liberal either.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Hey, waitaminit!! I don't think the horrible circumstance was caused by the minister. Last I heard it was Maple Leaf's incompetence that caused it.

Hence the reason why Governments should never relegate food safety to industry self-regulation. It may well have happened if CFIA was still inspecting on a regular basis, instead of now in an oversight position. That's the whole scandal that brews in the festering pork processing halls of Parliament. The machinery needs to be taken apart and cleaned out to prevent build-ups of deadly pathogens, much like the agri-food processors.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
The Conservatives are,
-INSENSITIVE
-HOMOPHOBIC
-MANIPULATORS
-LIARS
-SECRETIVE
-ANTI IMMIGRATION
-MEAN SPIRITED
-SNOOPS
Hey,you forgot to add your favourite term,NAZI. Is that really you ,Socpuppet?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
[/color] Hence the reason why Governments should never relegate food safety to industry self-regulation. It may well have happened if CFIA was still inspecting on a regular basis, instead of now in an oversight position. That's the whole scandal that brews in the festering pork processing halls of Parliament. The machinery needs to be taken apart and cleaned out to prevent build-ups of deadly pathogens, much like the agri-food processors.
Quite right. We need a government inspection agency (as in an independent agency designed to inspect gov't) to tear gov't apart and see what's wrong. lol

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
[/color]Hey, waitaminit!! I don't think the horrible circumstance was caused by the minister. Last I heard it was Maple Leaf's incompetence that caused it.[/size][/font]

Yeah. Kinda like the Glibs were, the NDP probably would be, etc.

The government has an indisputable duty to insure that a company like Maple leaf would have a good grip on the aspect of safe food consumption. They did not provide that safe environment for the Canadian people……………..I don’t care what Maple leafs did…….It is the Governments job to insure that food safety will be guaranteed……
If a giant company wants to cut a corner who is watching after them.
To open his stupid yap and thing he is a comedian at a moment of such a stupid out come…… Ye, vote for them for a majority maybe you may find the same fate and they will be laughing at you circumstance…….

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Does anyone recall Dion's FAVOURITE joke about 'Bam the dog'. It goes something like this, A little girl asks her father why the dog is named Bam. Dad repiles"well he crossed the street and a car came by and BAM"....... Yeah,I guess no one here will be voting liberal either.

So you think dead Canadians and dead dogs are equivilent on the yuckyuck scale. Well they're not, it seems that our minister of Farming is not the only conservative with a sick twisted sence of humour.:lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
It's true, the Liberals never say anything insensitive or ignorant either.

Insensitive Liberal Remarks

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...l-remarks.html
"B.C. Liberal MLA Dennis MacKay is under fire for saying a lot of aboriginal people benefited from the residential school system."

Dion fires Quebec candidate for contentious native remarks

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...tory/politics/

'I was stupid, thoughtless and insensitive': MP on gay slur"
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2008/04/04/tape-follow.html

Liberal Member of Parliament (MP), The Hon. Jim Karygiannis, is quoted as referring to Macedonians as "Skopjans". This is a derogatory term Greek racists use to refer to ethnic Macedonians. It's equivalent to referring to African-Canadians as 'n*ggers'.

http://www.maknews.com/html/articles/stefov/karygiannis .html

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
So you think dead Canadians and dead dogs are equivilent on the yuckyuck scale. Well they're not, it seems that our minister of Farming is not the only conservative with a sick twisted sence of humour.:lol:

Wally is the derivative of a hateful Conservative mind set……..POOR Wally………….Get a life man……………

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
The government has an indisputable duty to insure that a company like Maple leaf would have a good grip on the aspect of safe food consumption. They did not provide that safe environment for the Canadian people……………..I don’t care what Maple leafs did…….It is the Governments job to insure that food safety will be guaranteed……
If a giant company wants to cut a corner who is watching after them.
To open his stupid yap and thing he is a comedian at a moment of such a stupid out come…… Ye, vote for them for a majority maybe you may find the same fate and they will be laughing at you circumstance…….
Whatever. Not one single gov't has done that yet. Look at all the crap that happened when the Glibs were in power about Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy. That was the Glibs fault. Keep looking back through the archives and you'll find that the Cons are not the only ones that f'd things up.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
And any other party that got into power would not have their own dysfunctional qualities? Why just rail at the Cons? The Glibs are just as bad, the NDP are a joke, the Greens are kinda cool but ineffectual, etc. I have a 6' long list somewhere in this machine about all the crap that swirled constantly around aPAULing Martin. The only effective thing I ever saw Layton do was accept Martin's desperate bribe to help him stay in the PMO. So? My point is that 99% of pols are made of human waste product, not just Harpy.

Dysfunctional qualities?, jokes coming from the ministers yap at a time of 17 people dead is worst than dysfunctional qualities. The bums are not fit to govern………………..