Fav Sports

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
As a kid I loved playing little league baseball. I guess those probably were the best times of my life other than experiences with my kids. I was a pretty fair shortstop if I do say so myself. Decent curve ball too.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I enjoy tennis and am troubled that some see things through highly clouded eyes and minds such as this:

Every Serena Williams win comes with a side of disgusting racism and sexism

Serena Williams beat Lucie Safarova to win the French Open Saturday. Her reward, at least on social media, came in the form of some of the same racist and sexist comments that have followed her for her entire career.

In the moments surrounding her win, Williams was compared to an animal, likened to a man, and deemed frightening and horrifyingly unattractive. One Twitter user who wrote that Williams "looks like a gorilla, and sounds like a gorilla when she grunts while hitting the ball. In conclusion, she is a gorilla." And another described her as "so unbelievably dominant...and manly". ESPN sports commentator Bomani Jones responded to those reactions — as well as to the ones that dismissed them as subjective commentary — with a series of tweets..

Every Serena Williams win comes with a side of disgusting racism and sexism - Vox

obviously some of these bigoted fools are blind to reality:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The last couple of years I've really taken to horse racing. Particularly anything Triple Crown related. I've probably watched every video on youtube there is.

One of my favorites is the 1988 Belmont Stakes. The son of Secretariat really put on a show, as did the announcer.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What's your fav sport of all time?(Watch or Play)
Why?

Bowling
1. There's very little pressure on you to play well.
2. It's a sport you can relax at and keep your blood pressure within normal limits.
3. You can socialize while doing it.
4. Very little equipment required- actually none unless you are concerned about putting your feet in shoes others have worn. (I own my own shoes as over the long haul it's cheaper than renting every time).
5. There's a good chance other players on your team aren't much better than you are.
6. You are getting quite a bit of exercise w/o noticing it too much.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The last couple of years I've really taken to horse racing. Particularly anything Triple Crown related. I've probably watched every video on youtube there is.

One of my favorites is the 1988 Belmont Stakes. The son of Secretariat really put on a show, as did the announcer.

great video, thank you for sharing, haven't seen it before, wow, he sure resembled his dad heading for
home, big horse too.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
As everybody knows pro wrestling is the King of Sports.

Sadly, one of its true giants passed away:

Dusty Rhodes passes away | WWE.com

WWE is deeply saddened that Virgil Runnels, aka “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes — WWE Hall of Famer, three-time NWA Champion and one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history — passed away yesterday at the age of 69.

Photos: Dusty's career-defining moments

Runnels became a hero to fans around the world thanks to his work ethic, his impassioned interviews and his indomitable spirit. Moreover, Runnels was a dedicated father to WWE Superstars Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels), a caring husband and a creative visionary who helped shape the landscape of WWE long after his in-ring career had ended.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Runnels’ family, friends and colleagues.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I enjoy tennis and am troubled that some see things through highly clouded eyes and minds such as this:

Every Serena Williams win comes with a side of disgusting racism and sexism

Serena Williams beat Lucie Safarova to win the French Open Saturday. Her reward, at least on social media, came in the form of some of the same racist and sexist comments that have followed her for her entire career.

In the moments surrounding her win, Williams was compared to an animal, likened to a man, and deemed frightening and horrifyingly unattractive. One Twitter user who wrote that Williams "looks like a gorilla, and sounds like a gorilla when she grunts while hitting the ball. In conclusion, she is a gorilla." And another described her as "so unbelievably dominant...and manly". ESPN sports commentator Bomani Jones responded to those reactions — as well as to the ones that dismissed them as subjective commentary — with a series of tweets..

Every Serena Williams win comes with a side of disgusting racism and sexism - Vox

obviously some of these bigoted fools are blind to reality:

I've never understood how any white person consideres themselves better than a balck person, and those
who do, are espressing to all of us how low they really are, and nothing better than white trash, as
they say.
I have a lot of respect for the Williams sisters, they are tough, classy and very talented.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I would say it's the 'white' man who has inflicted more damage on other denizens of the world than any other race!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Rugby (followed by real football and lacrosse). There's constant action, it's rough, and it's a real team sport. (Of course, making whooppee can qualify for all that, too :).

My son is playing Rugby. I never did (it was another mysterious "Brit" thing, back then like cricket). Anyway, what a great game!

I've been a sailor all my life including completing at the "near" Olympic level. It requires close team work, upper body strength, agility and most importantly, intelligence.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
American wrestling is merely toy fighting. Not like British wrestling, which was the real deal. It was a mainstay of British culture between the 1950s and the late 1980s. The likes of Giant Haystacks (who weighed 46 stone), Big Daddy and Kendo Nagasaki. American wrestling is child's play in comparison.

Giant Haystacks

I would say it's the 'white' man who has inflicted more damage on other denizens of the world than any other race!

A racist statement making a comment of a rather dubious nature which you made with little evidence.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've never understood how any white person consideres themselves better than a balck person

As a proud white, heterosexual, able-bodied, Protestant male, I consider myself to be better than a lot of negroids.

I especially consider myself to be better than Beyonce, for example (you can tell she's a black female. She has a stupid name), who is less capable at what she tries to do (sing) than a red spider mite.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A racist statement making a comment of a rather dubious nature which you made with little evidence.

That is true as I've only watched our aboriginals, Blacks and Orientals and find the Whites to be more detrimental than any of them. I suppose I am somewhat prejudiced due to the Blokes I've watched invading like a 'bull in a china shop'. :) :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
As a proud white, heterosexual, able-bodied, Protestant male, I consider myself to be better than a lot of negroids.

I especially consider myself to be better than Beyonce, for example (you can tell she's a black female. She has a stupid name), who is less capable at what she tries to do (sing) than a red spider mite.

a proud white, heterosexual, able-bodied, whatever male, should have the intelligence and compassion to see
all humans as equal, whatever differences people have do not raise them or lower them in equality, and those
of us who have the ability to see clearly, will appreciate those differences.
as soon as one spouts how 'they' are better in any way, show themselves as arrogant and without the
ability to really see into the ways of the world, and how we are all different.

this has nothing to do with violence, that belongs to all of us in one way or another, and violence of the
tongue can be most cruel, the criticism of others, who are different than oneself, tells it all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There is only ONE criteria that makes some folks better/worse than other folks and that would be behaviour. Being an intelligent, white, prejudiced English bloke doesn't get you any points. :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
There is only ONE criteria that makes some folks better/worse than other folks and that would be behaviour. Being an intelligent, white, prejudiced English bloke doesn't get you any points. :)

yes, that is true, but behavior comes from anywhere, white black green or blue, but all are still equal,
irrespective of personalities, or whatever.
that arrogance we have seen from whites in America, whites in Canada re:first nations, whites in Africa,
and other places as well,
tells us that 'because' they are white, they think they are better, not so, I am white, and it embarrasses
me to see or hear a white person spout off thinking he/she is automatically better because of color of his
skin.