Fav Sports

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Hah! There are waaaaay more differences between rugby and foolball than there are similarities.

I agree, but it's much more like Rugby than Football....I wont call it soccer because as previously mentioned, soccer is actually an insulting term for people who know what it means.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
When I was 9 yrs. old, one day I was just lying around on the sofa, and the radio was playing,
(before t.v.), and I began to pay attention, it was Foster Hewitt "calling" a hockey game. Well,
I had never heard of hockey, and I began to pay attention, and by the end of the game I was
right into it, and wanted the "Montreal Canadians" to win, and they did. I have never looked back,
kept listening, I love hockey, began to attend games, then when tv arrived, thought that was amazing, and now I have NHL Center Ice, and watch hockey games almost every night, with my
husband.
Like lots of other sports too, but not quite as much.

I like to golf too, and here on the island, we can golf all year round, so it can fill up a dreary dull
day quite nicely.
Some say that a nice walk is ruined by playing golf, but I say why go for a boring walk, when you
can take a club and a ball and bat it around along the way.

Nightmare

Electoral Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ontario
lol

If anyone is watching Super Bowl, can you please tell me the teams.
I know one team is the Chicago Bears, but what's the other?
Oh yeah, can someone also post the end score here if you happen to know?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Soccer

Rugby

Tennis

Lacrosse

Baseball

Softball

Basketball

Track & Field

Gymnastics

and a few more ...

Anything that involves skillful play and lots of stamina - played a few sports in my youth and coached as well. Sports are fun, add to the quality of life, and help build good character.

Nightmare

Electoral Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ontario
Soccer

Rugby

Tennis

Lacrosse

Baseball

Softball

Basketball

Track & Field

Gymnastics

and a few more ...

Anything that involves skillful play and lots of stamina - played a few sports in my youth and coached as well. Sports are fun, add to the quality of life, and help build good character.

LOL

I'm too lazy.
I only plays sports if there fun...

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
I used to play hockey as a kid, both for fun on the rink across the street, and in a league. I would never, EVER, wish it upon my enemy's children to have to go through league hockey. The costs, the travelling, the competitiveness; it completely sucked the fun and the life out of a great sport, to the point where I was completely turned off of it for several years. Sadly, I played league hockey to learn skills, and rink hockey to actually enjoy it.

I'm a huge fan of baseball and the Jays (if you couldn't tell by my avatar), and used to play until my leg was broken and my elbow was shot (let this be a lesson to never throw splitters before turning 18). For a time I was also in karate, and was a day away from my black belt testing. One day though, it clicked that I wasn't enjoying it anymore, and what's the point of doing it as work?

Now the only exercise I get is cleaning the house, and going for walks to enjoy the northern Ontario outdoors (though we did just do winter camping, which was so, so cold). Once it warms up though, we can add walks to the lake, going to the cabin, fishing, sauna runs, rollerblading, canoe trips, camping, long bike rides, picnics on the beach, bbqs and parties with friends, and all the other goodtime summer things that are sure to be ruined by the hoards of blackflies and mosquitos that descend upon us in search of tasty blood.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i noticed much talk of rugby earlier in the thread... you know that there are two kinds of rugby which differ quite a lot? rugby league is closer to un-armoured american "foot"ball. rugby union is a little more interesting and doesn't stop so often. I like to watch union, although i'd be terrified to play either type.

my favourite sports are ones which dont involve me getting hurt. badminton and table tennis are two i actually managed to be half-decent at.