Every Knee and Tongue

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I genuinely sympathize, Cliffy. At one time, I did not experience personal relevance in reading the Bible. A personal relationship with the Author changed all of that.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The sovereignty of God rests within and belief is not enough, only action is the ticket. I may be taxing the meaning of belief but in the modern usage it is taxed anyway.

Action based upon and preceded by belief, DB?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
it'd be interesting to see what cultures were like during the reign of cyrus. I wonder if they liked tacos

"...who says of Cyrus, 'He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please;' he will say of Jerusalem, 'Let it be rebuilt,' and of the temple, 'Let its foundations be laid.' This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus..." (Isaiah 44:28-45:1 NIV)

It is really interesting that the prophet Isaiah identified Cyrus by name almost two centuries before he was born, LL.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It is a personal journey (the narrow path).

Absolutely, Cliffy.

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11 NIV)

In the context of the early church and Christian humility, Paul again quotes the prophet Isaiah and applies the prophecy to Christ. The subject audience is expanded to include "in heaven, on earth and under the earth." The acknowledgment of the lordship of Christ now includes every sentient being in creation.

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
In the context of ancient Israel and idolatry, the following prediction is made:

"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear." (Isaiah 45:23 NIV)

To whom does "every knee; every tongue" apply?
Merry Christmas, Motar.
The Every Knee and Every Tongue applies to every person that every lived, the living and those who will live. There will be no more questions about the Living God. Athiests, Lutherans, Hindus, Agnostics, Catholics, Christians - all segments, sects, religions will know Jesus was not a lunatic. They will know he was not a liar. They will know he is LORD and every tongue will confess this TRUTH.
I imagine it shall be a very fine day indeed.

How rude I am!
Merry Christmas to All.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In the context of ancient Israel and idolatry, the following prediction is made:

"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear." (Isaiah 45:23 NIV)

Victims of clerical sexual abuse?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I prefer the Red Letter bible. Read what Jesus said and ignore all the rest.

I know what you are referring to but that can present some difficulties as language usage has changed over the centuries. Explanatory notes can give readers proper context so that they may learn the Bible more readily. Just as an example Jesus said, suffer me the little children". Some people believe today that he meant that you must suffer and be submissive like children in order to achieve salvation. But, in fact, "suffer me" in past centuries meant "bring to me". Nothing more. Most modern readers would not know this just by reading RLB.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Everybody in Re:20:4 is the first ones as they are the population for the 1,000 year reign, the last ones are the ones that are chastised at the Great White Throne.

Heb:12:6-8:
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth,
and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening,
God dealeth with you as with sons;
for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement,
whereof all are partakers,
then are ye bastards,
and not sons.

Re:1:7:
Behold,
he cometh with clouds;
and every eye shall see him,
and they also which pierced him:
and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.
Even so,
Amen.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Merry Christmas, Motar.
The Every Knee and Every Tongue applies to every person that every lived, the living and those who will live. There will be no more questions about the Living God. Athiests, Lutherans, Hindus, Agnostics, Catholics, Christians - all segments, sects, religions will know Jesus was not a lunatic. They will know he was not a liar. They will know he is LORD and every tongue will confess this TRUTH.
I imagine it shall be a very fine day indeed.

How rude I am!
Merry Christmas to All.

Merry Christmas, cj.

A revealing day which all will experience together:
"And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken." (Isaiah 40:5 NIV)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I know what you are referring to but that can present some difficulties as language usage has changed over the centuries. Explanatory notes can give readers proper context so that they may learn the Bible more readily. Just as an example Jesus said, suffer me the little children". Some people believe today that he meant that you must suffer and be submissive like children in order to achieve salvation. But, in fact, "suffer me" in past centuries meant "bring to me". Nothing more. Most modern readers would not know this just by reading RLB.

We are the children and we stand before the sun/son of God.

Merry Christmas, cj.

A revealing day which all will experience together:
"And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken." (Isaiah 40:5 NIV)

You're waiting for a day that started at conception, since then you have been bathed in revelation without end. It's not too late to catch the bus.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
You're waiting for a day that started at conception, since then you have been bathed in revelation without end. It's not too late to catch the bus.

A progressive unveiling of the glory of the Lord has been taking place since the creation of the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1) and will culminate with the restoration of Eden (Revelation 22), DB. The eye of faith can witness the whole of it right now in creation, in the recorded revelation, in Israel, in the Lord Jesus Christ and in the people of God.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
A progressive unveiling of the glory of the Lord has been taking place since the creation of the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1) and will culminate with the restoration of Eden (Revelation 22), DB. The eye of faith can witness the whole of it right now in creation, in the recorded revelation, in Israel, in the Lord Jesus Christ and in the people of God.

There will be no culmination of the infinite. You can never approach the one with faith and expect reward, over and over again it is stressed that you must work and work hard. Israel is not now nor was it ever a geographic state, but an amalgom of the six levels of natural man culminating in the seventh, completion, resurection, the second birth, the much misunderstood rebirth. the recovery of the edenic home. Lucky Seven. So it's spirit into the sea of matter for six cycles, at least, and then reclaimation of that souls origin and true being capped by perfection of the seven. There are no people who are not of God, the animating force. Jesus and the thrity or so other derivations of the same name were all sun gods, without exception. The light is everything, the light is God, see the light, walk in the light, into the light of day, the battle between the twins of light and dark. Jesus and Satan are twins. Without Satan, lord of this world, the material world, nothing would be.

Satan brought the light unto the world and that light was christ and he was led here for the test and the trial, the tribulations of material existence. Without those bitter lessons there is no compassion, no empathy, no love, no rebirth.
We are everyone charged with removing our own veils and nothing but that work can win us home. Faith without knowledge born of effort is a futile waste of time and energy. Indeed it is the sin of ignorance.
good luck The work is called the battle of armageddon, which is the life spent on earth in matter.