Employers will be allowed to ask for Facebook Passwords

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
if you don't give up your passord, you're with the terrorists
glad you feel that way...mail me yours, oh, and include your bank password for good measure...I will keep it safe

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Legislation Preventing Employers From Asking for Facebook Passwords Defeated

A last-minute proposed amendment to the Cyber Information Sharing and Protection Act that would have made it illegal for employers or the federal government to ask for employees' or prospective employees' Facebook passwords was defeated in the House of Representatives 224-188 along party lines, with Republicans knocking it down.

Legislation Preventing Employers From Asking for Facebook Passwords Defeated - US News and World Report
Easy answer to that is not to have a FB account in the first place and if you do, don't put anything juicy in it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
glad you feel that way...mail me yours, oh, and include your bank password for good measure...I will keep it safe
I'll never give it up. Facebook is the only way I can be friends with myself.

Last edited:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
You folks just don't know beans about computers, internet providers, or advertising cookies and a million other things do ya :lol:
You are fortunate that Andem has no tracking cookies here but your browser and machine does.
Crackbook knows in a heartbeat or less, all about you, they do not bother to ferret out fake accounts unless there is a good reason. Using a computer or smart phone online is just like being on an old fashioned party line phone but not knowing it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol Yeah, ok, if you say so Skooks. Guess we can all ditch our cookie filters, AV software, n whatever else because we are transparent anyway. Oh, I'm sorry, we don't know anything about that stuff either. Eye fergot we doan no nuthin.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
lol Yeah, ok, if you say so Skooks. Guess we can all ditch our cookie filters, AV software, n whatever else because we are transparent anyway. Oh, I'm sorry, we don't know anything about that stuff either. Eye fergot we doan no nuthin.

Do you manage the cookies for every website you visit? Do you believe that your AV is managing your data like your mommy? How about your browser? Nice try.......

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Do you manage the cookies for every website you visit? Do you believe that your AV is managing your data like your mommy? How about your browser? Nice try.......
Firewalls, AVs, adware blockers, and other software helps. Also stuff like this:

5 Rules for Staying Safe on the Internet - Defend against Phishing, Malware, Data Theft, and Privacy Invasion - Popular Mechanics

Computer and Internet Security - CNET.com

So, to contradict your claim that we are all ignorant of phishing, malware, etc.,

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Now, to open a facebook account don't you have to activate it with a code that is texted to your cell phone? So they already know your cell number before you open the account.......

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Now, to open a facebook account don't you have to activate it with a code that is texted to your cell phone? So they already know your cell number before you open the account.......
no but you "can" most people have internet on their SmartPhone and many allow texting into their phones via their account.

I don't think it matters much frankly...they pretty much know who and where we are anyway.

You do need to associate it to an email address though.

Firewalls, AVs, adware blockers, and other software helps. Also stuff like this:

5 Rules for Staying Safe on the Internet - Defend against Phishing, Malware, Data Theft, and Privacy Invasion - Popular Mechanics

Computer and Internet Security - CNET.com

So, to contradict your claim that we are all ignorant of phishing, malware, etc.,
has anyone told you what a cute little bum you have?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Rules of conduct on the Internet

No negetive comments on the company you work for
No negitive comments on the clients of your company you work for.
Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Anymore rules of Internet rules of coduct?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Rules of conduct on the Internet

No negetive comments on the company you work for
No negitive comments on the clients of your company you work for.
Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Anymore rules of Internet rules of conduct?

Under no circumstances give out your real name!