Election Results are in Justin Trudeau is the new Prime Minister

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The polls are often wrong and they are again. It will be just like in the UK in May, a conservative majority.

Oops...I guess any last remnants of the idea that Wally had his head on the outside of his rectum just went out the window.

right to left

Oct 14, 2015
Hamilton
A few weeks ago Mulcair was in the lead but he was doing the 'prevent' defense, taking no risks and just speaking so as not to make any mistakes. Not very inspirational.
In the old days, NDP leaders like David Lewis or Ed Broadbent would rather fall on a sword than do the centrist tango to win an election!

We saw something similar in the last Ontario election, when the majority of voters wanted an alternative to the mediocre Wynne Gov., but new provincial leader - Andrea Horvath followed the Mulcair strategy: take the lead and start talking tax cuts and balanced budgets....acting more like a saner version of the Conservatives. The Liberals get to move all over the map.....nobody is clear on what...if any...are core Liberal policies; but most people....even those who don't like the NDP...expect them to be on the left! When they shift to the middleground, everyone to the left of the centerline starts asking why they should vote for another centrist party!

Stephen Harper is out as Prime Minister of Canada but Benjamin Netanyahu says Harper can keep his job as Israeli ambassador to Canada.Memo: Our Upside Down World - henrymakow.com
On a serious note, what are the odds that Harper has a ****load of political favours to cash in now? I'm guessing that we will learn that he has suddenly become Canada's most successful and lucrative lobbyist or that he's on the board of directors of a least a dozen or so major corporations, where he only has to show up once or twice a year to collect a fat paycheck......it's got to be something! If he's been carrying water for the oil companies and others just to collect his salary, he'd have to be a fool.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What word would you suggest?:)
Valueless digital currency, the myth of money, meaningless numbers pulled out of some bankers azz.... fiat currency.

Oh no! I guess we are going to get 4 years of Wally pouting doom and gloom of the same caliber he has been puking up about Obama for the last 8 years. I may have to commit digital suicide (shoot my computer).

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Oops...I guess any last remnants of the idea that Wally had his head on the outside of his rectum just went out the window.

The polls were wrong. They failed to predict the size of the Liberal vote.

Valueless digital currency, the myth of money, meaningless numbers pulled out of some bankers azz.... fiat currency.

Oh no! I guess we are going to get 4 years of Wally pouting doom and gloom of the same caliber he has been puking up about Obama for the last 8 years. I may have to commit digital suicide (shoot my computer).

Somebody has to replace Flossy's & your pouting doom and gloom.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The polls were wrong. They failed to predict the size of the Liberal vote.

Somebody has to replace Flossy's & your pouting doom and gloom.
And history will prove us right. Obviously, most Canadians agreed with us as they punted Harpo's sorry azz. Justin hasn't even taken the reigns yet and Wally is already caterwauling.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I know. Ain't it beautiful?

The butthurt screams of Old Stock Canadians echo from the mountains and prairies. Sheer music.

This is one 'old stock Canadian' who is neither screaming nor wailing........no echoes here. When once I was a supporter of Stephen Harper, I became very disillusioned with his pro-Israel, pro-war, pro-big oil stance in the past few years. He was taking my country in a direction that I did not agree with at all. I wish him well but am not at all sorry to see him gone. I still voted for our Conservative candidate as did the majority of voters in our constituency as she is a good MP for our riding.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
And history will prove us right. Obviously, most Canadians agreed with us as they punted Harpo's sorry azz. Justin hasn't even taken the reigns yet and Wally is already caterwauling.

Canadians chose what they did for a variety of reasons. History will look back on Trudeau based upon what he does and how Canada does in his term.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Everybody is wrong sometimes.
Naaah....Never Cannuck.....

Well.....He never admits to it anyway
Now get ready for another Dance

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
from the 'in box' :

Trudeau only received 39.5% of the vote — and only because the NDP vote collapsed in the last week. Despite total name recognition, a fawning media and advisors flown in from Barack Obama’s campaign team, he couldn’t crack 40%. And the Conservatives — despite the voter fatigue of having been in office for nearly ten years — still got 32% of the vote. The triumphalism at the CBC hides the fact that their Trudeaumania isn’t universal.