Election Results are in Justin Trudeau is the new Prime Minister

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
As of now the projections are Junior will be the next PM, and the only question is if he will have a majority or minority.

I will say majority.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Looking that way.... I'd prefer minority. Big business parties don't give a damn for people - but by Gawd can they con you into believing otherwise

I don't think my local Liberal Party candidate was smart enough to con anyone. My guess is he's just lucky enough despite his cluelessness to be riding the red wave.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
National Post just called 173 seats for Trudeau.

Game, set, match.

Might be a minority. They have a couple of western riding in the Lib column with less than 50 vote leads. Heck they just showed Comox as Liberal with them leading 7-5...how do you call it with 12 votes counted????

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Oh well, I guess I'll have some work to do in just explaining things to my local Liberal MP in simpler language and more detailed explanation.

I can handle that. Gotta work with what we get eh.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Oh well, I guess I'll have some work to do in just explaining things to my local Liberal MP in simpler language and more detailed explanation.

I can handle that. Gotta work with what we get eh.

I'm working on my Australian immigration application.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Majority Liberal! I have to say right now that I will not engage in any beatings of the Conservative hopefulls here at CC, we should all be as understanding and kind to the loosers big loosers as we possibly can. OK maybe just a short period of beatings. Where are they now I wonder?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well I hope Justin can mature quickly into the job.. and I hope he keeps is election promises, like reducing the retirement age back to 65 and the $2500 tax break the middle class folks.

Still unsure how he plans to pay for it all, or I guess he may do like Obama and just pass the mess onto somebody else.

I don't want to be forced to retire at 65 given that the government will likely give be diddly squat and claw back what they do give because I have some money in an RRSP. Of course not enough to live on. If people are able to work, they should be allowed to.

Where are they now I wonder?

Watching the Jays game. At least there is something to be happy about.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
He does have nice hair folks and wins a majority
Like I said not a Liberal but we got rid of Harper
stunning victory goodbye to tens years of whatever

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Good bye Psycho Steve....

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is a good day I hope better days are ahead the doom and gloom
times of the Tory era are over now Peter McKay can come back and
run for leader At least Steve is gone yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I would really like to be happy that Canada voted out Harper, but giving the Liberals a majority... just proves that the vast majority of Canadian voters are still political morons.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, get ready for change, because the way the Liberals like to tax and spend that's what's going to be left in our wallets.