Don't get offended when Posting In Forums !!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
As a newbie - What are electoral members? - Council Members etc. ?

These are just titles that Andem(the owner of the site) created for people as they reach certain post counts. This also goes for the colour scheme that one has(the level of posts that Said1 has means that she has a yellow scheme). Both will change as your post count gets higher. For example, if you have over 10000 posts, your colour scheme will be purple.

Regarding the titles, you can personalize them if you wish(for example, I changed mine to Dark Overlord). They can be edited in your Control Panel. I do not believe the colour scheme can be edited. They can only change when you get to a new level of post counts.

I hope that answered both of your questions, mit and Said1.:smile:

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
These are just titles that Andem(the owner of the site) created for people as they reach certain post counts. This also goes for the colour scheme that one has(the level of posts that Said1 has means that she has a yellow scheme). Both will change as your post count gets higher. For example, if you have over 10000 posts, your colour scheme will be purple.

Regarding the titles, you can personalize them if you wish(for example, I changed mine to Dark Overlord). They can be edited in your Control Panel. I do not believe the colour scheme can be edited. They can only change when you get to a new level of post counts.

I hope that answered both of your questions, mit and Said1.:smile:

Yes my fingers would be purple after 10,000 post as well .. And I would be yellow after 3000 post and not going to washroom too.. he he he ..

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
found it -----:cool:

Cock-a-doodle-doo! pluckpluckpluckpluck:smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I wish I felt that way. I still feel very much like a "newbie" here.

I have to ask though, is that just normal feeling new to a new group stuff, or are you being made to feel that your contributions don't matter or that you're unwelcome?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have to ask though, is that just normal feeling new to a new group stuff, or are you being made to feel that your contributions don't matter or that you're unwelcome?

Hey, your opinions are as good as anyone elses, seniority don't count for squat on these forums - just be polite most of the time and obnoxious when you have to be and I find there's no problem. BUT THE MAIN THING IS let the other guy be the jerk first. (just part of being polite)

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I've been ignored in a couple of spots over the past couple of months and I have had some pretty nasty things said after I've given my opinion. I thought the idea was to give an opinion and have people either agree or disagree but not call me a Jerk for my thoughts or opinions. Why can't people just say "I don't agree with you"? Why does it have to be a name or a sarcastic comment? I deserve sarcasm because I believe the world was a better place when a parent (it was nearly always Mom's years and years ago) stayed home with their kids?
When I say I've been ignored, all I'm saying is that I've tried to join into a bit of a conversation or discussion but people on here who already know each other pass over the post like it wasn't there. By what I read, I assume that is exactly what they did in order to get to the post of someone they did know. I'm sure that myself and others as well may do exactly the same thing on canada.com and not realize what we've done. I guess it's not good for anyone's ego. However, life goes on. Thanks for asking though.:smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've been ignored in a couple of spots over the past couple of months and I have had some pretty nasty things said after I've given my opinion. I thought the idea was to give an opinion and have people either agree or disagree but not call me a Jerk for my thoughts or opinions. Why can't people just say "I don't agree with you"? Why does it have to be a name or a sarcastic comment? I deserve sarcasm because I believe the world was a better place when a parent (it was nearly always Mom's years and years ago) stayed home with their kids?
When I say I've been ignored, all I'm saying is that I've tried to join into a bit of a conversation or discussion but people on here who already know each other pass over the post like it wasn't there. By what I read, I assume that is exactly what they did in order to get to the post of someone they did know. I'm sure that myself and others as well may do exactly the same thing on canada.com and not realize what we've done. I guess it's not good for anyone's ego. However, life goes on. Thanks for asking though.:smile:

Don't worry about it- there are two JERKS for sure on this forum, which I'm not going to disclose now, but in reply to their obnoxious posts I told them so, one is from Quebec, I'm not sure about the other. Outside of that it doesn't bother me in the least- as far as being accepted on the forum I don't worry about that, I certainly have no desire to be part of any clique or even care what they think of me or my opinions. For the most part I've found people friendly and I appreciate any extention of friendliness, but hey if some guy wants to treat me like a jerk, I just won't be losing any sleep over it. Can't be any worse than the jerk who used to post on Canada.com, eh I.P.? LOL.......

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Hey IP

Moderators are in Green and Italic..

People who reach certain post numbers are different colours.. Hence DarkBeaver is Purple after 10,000 posts and Said is Yellow I think because she is over 3,000 posts..

Anyone want to correct that ??? :)

Allow me. DarkBeaver is purple due to the the many, many verbal lashings he's routinely received from yours truly.