Don't get offended when Posting In Forums !!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Allow me. DarkBeaver is purple due to the the many, many verbal lashings he's routinely received from yours truly.
Are those just wet noodle lashings leaving him black and blue or does it actually have a meaning on here?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Don't worry about it- there are two JERKS for sure on this forum, which I'm not going to disclose now, but in reply to their obnoxious posts I told them so, one is from Quebec, I'm not sure about the other. Outside of that it doesn't bother me in the least- as far as being accepted on the forum I don't worry about that, I certainly have no desire to be part of any clique or even care what they think of me or my opinions. For the most part I've found people friendly and I appreciate any extention of friendliness, but hey if some guy wants to treat me like a jerk, I just won't be losing any sleep over it. Can't be any worse than the jerk who used to post on Canada.com, eh I.P.? LOL.......
I have an idea of whom you speak but who knows! I'm not neccessarily sure the one you speak of on the other forums is not there right now. Myself and another poster are not so sure it is LB you are speaking to there. She used to try to side with you before and in the beginning LB was a little rough on you but since you have stuck up for "him" a couple of times, the stance is softening. He (she?) is one I am going to ignore.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
one of the issues is that some people take these "Forums" far too seriously. They're entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

"Some" people take comments far too seriously and as a personal affront. I don't believe very many people here actually "know" each other and that's half of the benefit

If your sin is too thin to be able to stand up to criticism, you really sound find another diversion.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
one of the issues is that some people take these "Forums" far too seriously. They're entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

"Some" people take comments far too seriously and as a personal affront. I don't believe very many people here actually "know" each other and that's half of the benefit

If your sin is too thin to be able to stand up to criticism, you really sound find another diversion.

I agree that most take these as way to serious..

Also what some take as obnoxious posts other may read as funny sarcasm..

Unfortunately Forums have no discrimination in "Emotions" and cannot reflect anger or humour when read.. However when you read the post your attitude will dictate how you percive the writting depending on your mood..

This is why a post I do not think is funny I will walk away from..

The exception is when someone constantly comes after you.. That is totally different and then there is the Ignore Option in this Forum which others do not always have..

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I agree that most take these as way to serious..

Also what some take as obnoxious posts other may read as funny sarcasm..

Unfortunately Forums have no discrimination in "Emotions" and cannot reflect anger or humour when read.. However when you read the post your attitude will dictate how you percive the writting depending on your mood..

This is why a post I do not think is funny I will walk away from..

The exception is when someone constantly comes after you.. That is totally different and then there is the Ignore Option in this Forum which others do not always have..

Quite right. The "typed" word has no inflection, hence people tend to get their knickers in a twist for no reason

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Quite right. The "typed" word has no inflection, hence people tend to get their knickers in a twist for no reason
"Some" people get very nasty because they feel anonymous and brave. Good manners apply whether you are using the "typed" word or the oral words to someone's face. I think people who toss out the nasty comments to another poster are the ones that truly have their knickers in a twist. Others are in control of their emotions and don't need to do that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have an idea of whom you speak but who knows! I'm not neccessarily sure the one you speak of on the other forums is not there right now. Myself and another poster are not so sure it is LB you are speaking to there. She used to try to side with you before and in the beginning LB was a little rough on you but since you have stuck up for "him" a couple of times, the stance is softening. He (she?) is one I am going to ignore.

No no no no no- not him, no similarity for one thing he's not a braggart and his writing abilities although not perfect are a far cry from HH. He has an abrasive way about him, but not all his ideas are totally goofy. I think he's a man who still retains a lot of old "European ways" (I had a neighbour the same). I've alternated between giving him sh*t and agreeing with him because I believe in giving the "devil his due when he's right" AND I think he needs a friend. He's harmless I.P. albeit annoying.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
"Some" people get very nasty because they feel anonymous and brave. Good manners apply whether you are using the "typed" word or the oral words to someone's face. I think people who toss out the nasty comments to another poster are the ones that truly have their knickers in a twist. Others are in control of their emotions and don't need to do that.

I think we have all been guilty of that at some point.. We are all human and have all had our issues or sore points / topics.

Getting personal and not wanting to drop the subject is however another issues that is much more serious.. Name calling should never be tolerated and I have seen little of it here..

As odd as this may sound I did not agree with Crow's way to deal with people at Canada.com. I might have agreed with some of his statements but it was getting to the point where I was seeing him in the same light as CM, Goob, Beagle and the likes..

At some point we must all just learn to draw back and let go of a topic..

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I think we have all been guilty of that at some point.. We are all human and have all had our issues or sore points / topics.

Getting personal and not wanting to drop the subject is however another issues that is much more serious.. Name calling should never be tolerated and I have seen little of it here..

As odd as this may sound I did not agree with Crow's way to deal with people at Canada.com. I might have agreed with some of his statements but it was getting to the point where I was seeing him in the same light as CM, Goob, Beagle and the likes..

At some point we must all just learn to draw back and let go of a topic..
Sometimes what appears to be a sore point can just be a greater knowledge then others have with no real way of expressing that knowledge. Sometimes you know the inner workings of places or organizations that others do not know and even when you explain them - people do not want to understand and argue that they know better. That gets frustrating. It becomes difficult not to become very angry and very outspoken.
I don't think it odd at all that you or anyone would disagree with the Blackbird. One on one he's fine but very childish when he wants to be insulting. Down and dirty at times as well. Have to admit that I always wondered why he was allowed to stay on. If beagle is truly beagle, he shouldn't be on but so far he's only getting deep into insulting crow who doesn't mind mud slinging. It's not up to me to report him. He's only had one nasty comment to me so for now - I'll leave him alone. There is so little posting going on there that for the most part, it hardly seems worth the effort. CM really only gets insulting when someone starts in on him. He may not always be right but he usually has something to say that is worth the read. He gave me a hard time in the beginning because he didn't know that HH was the misery she is. I really haven't talked to Goob, but I found my one time rather distasteful. He comes and goes so he's easy enough to ignore. DHW is okay but PL is - well - she just is.
Name calling is childish and should not be tolerated anywhere. When a man calls me a name I know that he is 40ish and is too used to getting his own way and can think of nothing more to say than name calling. When a woman does, I feel like they are just pouty little brats that need to go to their room. Grownups will disagree and move on and/or explain why they disagree and they often have a good point. We all react differently and yes - our own mood can reflect how we respond to a post. I suppose if a post makes us upset, we should leave it sit there for a couple of hours before we respond so we can try to do it with a cooler head. Instinct says "I don't like that and I'm going to say so right now" and we usually let our emotions run high.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Hey IP

Moderators are in Green and Italic..

People who reach certain post numbers are different colours.. Hence DarkBeaver is Purple after 10,000 posts and Said is Yellow I think because she is over 3,000 posts..

Anyone want to correct that ??? :)

Yep. As I mentioned earlier(;-):p) in this thread, a person's post count determines what colour that person is(as well as what description they have underneath their "name"). The description can be changed to whatever you want(for example, Zan currently has 'Merry Christmas' as hers), but the colour will remain the same as it is until you reach a new post count plateau. The only time post count won't change colour is for the Moderators, who will always remain green no matter the post count.

Also, one doesn't want to have 'red' as their colour. It's not a good one to get.;-):p:lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Are those just wet noodle lashings leaving him black and blue or does it actually have a meaning on here?

No meaning. Just a little extra "flavour" that Andem added to the site. I think it gives it a little more vibrancy to be honest.:smile: