Does Maxime Bernier's PPC stand a chance?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I think he does. Though I fundamentally disagree on many aspects of his immigration plan, I won't deny that his hard positions on free trade, corporate subsidies, and supply-management resonate me. If his local candidate softens the immigration stance somewhat but is just as form as Bernier or more so on free trade, I could see myself suspending my disagreement on the immigration front to support free trade. Immigration could be a fight for another day.

Another candidate I'd consider would be the Libertarian-Party candidate, though at least in my local riding, it usually though not always presents sub-par candidates. We'll see what Bernier Barrier and the others present in my riding.

My Liberal NO seems reasonable for the most part, the COX candidate doesn't share much so I know little about him.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I think he does. Though I fundamentally disagree on many aspects of his immigration plan, I won't deny that his hard positions on free trade, corporate subsidies, and supply-management resonate me. If his local candidate softens the immigration stance somewhat but is just as form as Bernier or more so on free trade, I could see myself suspending my disagreement on the immigration front to support free trade. Immigration could be a fight for another day.
Another candidate I'd consider would be the Libertarian-Party candidate, though at least in my local riding, it usually though not always presents sub-par candidates. We'll see what Bernier Barrier and the others present in my riding.
My Liberal NO seems reasonable for the most part, the COX candidate doesn't share much so I know little about him.

Dann auto correct. NO = MP

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Bernier is embracing the hate.
It works for Trump.

Maybe. But he's still the only one truly committed to a hard break from corporate welfare and protectionism, the only who truly embraces free trade.

Even on the immigration front, though I don't agree with him on all points, I can certainly put that aside for for years while we focus on liberalizing free trade and go back to immigration policy later. Even then though, I get the impression he'd still favour making it easier to get a work visa at least, just harder to get permanent residency, and I do tend to agree with that for the most part, so I'm not totally in disagreement with him on immigration either. Make it easier to come to Canada to work and harder to receive assistance.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Yes let's all pretend Bernier isn't a white natty.

Why are you people so ashamed of yourselves?

You should embrace the hate and revel in it.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If you ever loose that white natty stutter of yours you might be taken seriously...
After all this time you are a well known bullshitter......

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
People's Party calls for end to 'official multiculturalism'
Reuters
Published:
August 9, 2019
Updated:
August 9, 2019 12:35 PM EDT
Maxime Bernier, leader of the People's Party of Canada, speaks during a party event in Fort McMurray, Alta., on July 9, 2019.Vincent McDermott / Fort McMurray Today / Postmedia Network
TORONTO — An upstart Canadian right-wing political party announced on Friday that “ending official multiculturalism and preserving Canadian values and culture” will be part of its platform for the Canadian federal election in October.
The People’s Party of Canada (PPC) was founded in September 2018 by Maxime Bernier after he lost a leadership bid for the Conservative party.
Bernier, 56, has focused on limiting immigration and protecting so-called Canadian values in contrast with the more moderate Conservatives, prompting some pundits to refer to him as Canada’s Donald Trump.
On Friday, the PPC took aim at Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who has championed Canadian multiculturalism since taking office in 2015 and raised the number of immigrants allowed into the country each year to about 1% of the population.
“With his cult of diversity, Justin Trudeau has pushed this ideology even further into a form of extreme multiculturalism,” the PPC said in a statement.
The PPC went on to say that immigrants have a right to maintain their cultural heritage, but their efforts should not be supported by “government programs and taxpayers’ money.”
“The vast majority of Canadians rightly expect them to learn about our history and culture, master one of our official languages, and adopt widely shared Canadian values,” the PPC said.
On Friday, the PPC added that it would repeal Canada’s Multiculturalism Act, which was passed in 1988. The act formalized the government’s commitment to protecting diversity in Canadian society. The PPC also said it would eliminate all funding to promote multiculturalism.
So far the PPC has gained little traction. Bernier’s party is polling at around 1.4% nationally compared with Trudeau’s Liberals at 36.7% and Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives at 30.8%, a Nanos Research poll published on Tuesday showed.
Rather than stand as a threat to the Liberals, the PPC is a bigger problem for Scheer’s party because it could lure votes away from the mainstream right-leaning Conservatives in the Oct. 21 election.
http://torontosun.com/news/national/peoples-party-calls-for-end-to-official-multiculturalism

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Reuters
Published:
August 9, 2019
Updated:
Maxime Bernier, leader of the People's Party of Canada, speaks during a party event in Fort McMurray, Alta., on July 9, 2019.Vincent McDermott / Fort McMurray Today / Postmedia Network
TORONTO — An upstart Canadian right-wing political party announced on Friday that “ending official multiculturalism and preserving Canadian values and culture” will be part of its platform for the Canadian federal election in October.
The People’s Party of Canada (PPC) was founded in September 2018 by Maxime Bernier after he lost a leadership bid for the Conservative party.
Bernier, 56, has focused on limiting immigration and protecting so-called Canadian values in contrast with the more moderate Conservatives, prompting some pundits to refer to him as Canada’s Donald Trump.
On Friday, the PPC took aim at Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who has championed Canadian multiculturalism since taking office in 2015 and raised the number of immigrants allowed into the country each year to about 1% of the population.
“With his cult of diversity, Justin Trudeau has pushed this ideology even further into a form of extreme multiculturalism,” the PPC said in a statement.
The PPC went on to say that immigrants have a right to maintain their cultural heritage, but their efforts should not be supported by “government programs and taxpayers’ money.”
“The vast majority of Canadians rightly expect them to learn about our history and culture, master one of our official languages, and adopt widely shared Canadian values,” the PPC said.
On Friday, the PPC added that it would repeal Canada’s Multiculturalism Act, which was passed in 1988. The act formalized the government’s commitment to protecting diversity in Canadian society. The PPC also said it would eliminate all funding to promote multiculturalism.
So far the PPC has gained little traction. Bernier’s party is polling at around 1.4% nationally compared with Trudeau’s Liberals at 36.7% and Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives at 30.8%, a Nanos Research poll published on Tuesday showed.
Rather than stand as a threat to the Liberals, the PPC is a bigger problem for Scheer’s party because it could lure votes away from the mainstream right-leaning Conservatives in the Oct. 21 election.
http://torontosun.com/news/national/peoples-party-calls-for-end-to-official-multiculturalism
It has to happen eventually , now is as good a time as any .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Reuters
Published:
August 9, 2019
Updated:

Oh FFS...

Oh dear Gods, NOT 1%! How HORRIBLE.

Sadly there are some who would take this idiocy as serious. :(

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Mr Bernier will do well in Quebec and on the prairies.

Racist hotbeds you know.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Does Maxime Bernier's PPC stand a chance?

Nope.

I'm not sure that he'll even win his own seat. Probably not.