Do Muslims and Christians worship the same God?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That is a pretty accurate statement but my question would be, why would Ismael be less legitimate than Isaac. How bout Abram keep his pecker in his pants if the children he sires have to pay the consequences?
The Nations being judged was not something God had to 'fix' as all of Eve's children were destined for salvation. The order that is takes place is the only variable there is.
IMO he isn't other than the first members of 'his tribe' isn't glorified until that later part of the day of return. Once the sinners are killed and the resurrection of the whole House of Israel is done then the Gentiles begin to have members come out of the grave. When Cain and Able come before Christ with the same offerings it will be Able's offering that will be chosen for the period called the 1,000 year reign. The Gentiles that are missing from that gathering will be there when the new earth verses start, they will be called 'the Flock'.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Muslims worship an idol, a charicature of God.

What you'll notice about Islam is it has no interior life. There is no mystical or monastic dimension to Islam, which has always anchored and nurtured the Christian faith since the earliest 'Fathers of Desert' hermits.

There is no divine dialogue in Islam as Christian reason demands, no communion, no reconciliation.. there is only submission and conformity, prayer is prescribed and public.. with brutal consequences for those who don't submit and conform.

Islam is also not a Church, which implies borders and sacred space separate from secular culture... it is social movement that defines every aspect of governance, culture, law, relationships, nationhood.

The answer to the question of whether Christians and Muslims worship the same God is NO.. because Islam worships no God at all.

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles.. (Math. 7:15).
Islam worships the god of Abraham. Or, Ibraham ,,whatever. The father of Ishmael and Isaac. The same god of Judaism and Christianity. Yahweh.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
That is a pretty accurate statement but my question would be, why would Ismael be less legitimate than Isaac. ?

No one forces anyone to accept a religion. It is certainly informed by upbringing, but ultimately it is committment grounded in conscience and accepted faith.. and within conscience is Truth and awareness.

People follow the illegitimate line of Abram, and its false gospels, by choice. And the word illegitimate is by definition and etymological root, that which is untrue and against natural law.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Maggie Smith from the Harry Potter series and Downton Abbey fame.
I'll be damn. that is her. I thought she looked familiar but saw Betty Davis in a movie the other day which may have influenced me. I remember this actress in a movie I saw as a kid at the movie theater. "Prime of Miss Jean Brodie".

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
No one forces anyone to accept a religion. It is certainly informed by upbringing, but ultimately it is committment grounded in conscience and accepted faith.. and within conscience is Truth and awareness.

People follow the illegitimate line of Abram, and its false gospels, by choice. And the word illegitimate is by definition and etymological root, that which is untrue and against natural law.

Two thrones/kingdoms - one lawful and true.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014

So Abraham and all he;s about is natural. Thanks for the info.