Dan Rather the racist.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Pick fly sh!t from pepper all you want, tell as you love Obama because he is black .

Your Avatar is offending millions who put him in power, and guess what racial venom is not the fuel for human destiny.

I am A liberal and proud of it.:p:p:p

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Jujubes in my recollection.

That's what we called these things:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Pick fly sh!t from pepper all you want, tell as you love Obama because he is black .

Your Avatar is offending millions who put him in power, and guess what racial venom is not the fuel for human destiny.

I am A liberal and proud of it.:p:p:p
What?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Obama is a cool guy and he looks good in my Den the day he got inaugurated,
Walter, here you are putting up a thread that is not asking a question, but rather it states, "Dan Rather the racist", while you are sitting here making sick and ridicule OF Obama by having an Avatar that resembles YOUR HATE.
What? I like to know the name of the Island you live in, so I will not waist my time ruining a good holiday, CR:p:p:p

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I grew up in a west coast logging camp. There were no black people anywhere near us. There was however pretty much every European nationality represented and since we in such tight quarters there was no room for animosity. Most called the others by what ever the current racial slur was but as far as I know not much was taken seriously. At least not by us kids so what we read and heard on the news was hard to relate to, as was Dick & Jane's father wearing a suit. All our fathers wore hardhats and most wore caulk boots. All this made race and skin color irrelevant to me and I often have difficulty with the fact that some otherwise normal people are racist.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I grew up in a west coast logging camp. There were no black people anywhere near us. There was however pretty much every European nationality represented and since we in such tight quarters there was no room for animosity. Most called the others by what ever the current racial slur was but as far as I know not much was taken seriously. At least not by us kids so what we read and heard on the news was hard to relate to, as was Dick & Jane's father wearing a suit. All our fathers wore hardhats and most wore caulk boots. All this made race and skin color irrelevant to me and I often have difficulty with the fact that some otherwise normal people are racist.

Which logging camp, Taxslave? Franklin, Woss , Nimpkish, Eve River?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
View attachment 1281
Hey Walter I hope you like my picture of Obama......:p

Oh well something wrong with my picture, I am sure you can picture this,
The Day Obama was inaugurated I bought the Chicago Tribune on line, and after I got it in the mail had the whole paper opened and framed on a gold color frame with the American flag rapt around the Picture nicely. You would not believe your eyes Walter, a total master piece.

Remember to smile when you meet a Liberal, I smile when I meet a Conservative and I have many con friends. May you find Peace in your cold world..................

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"I doubt that very many blind people are reading this forum, although with text-to-speech it's certainly possible."

Your wit is worth about OnePenny, TenPenny.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Maybe these reports are somewhat biased, Y.J. Either Georgie did active service in the military or he didn't. I would think that's public record.

he never ever did active duty in the military, he was in
the national guard, who never left the good ole u s of a,
and those records were tampered with, (disappeared) to remove the much
less than favourable behavior.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
he never ever did active duty in the military, he was in
the national guard, who never left the good ole u s of a,
and those records were tampered with, (disappeared) to remove the much
less than favourable behavior.

The only proven tampering was Dan Rather's forged military documents. That is why he got canned.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I don't know. How does my avatar fit the following?

rac·ism    /ˈreɪ
sɪz
əm
/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uh
m] Show IPA
–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Post the avatar full-sized and let's see. :)Just offhand, though you seem to have a thing against black presidents, especially ones who bow to Japanese PMs and whatnot. Personally, I think bigot is a much more descriptive word than racist, though.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That's what we called these things:

Oh. Well, anything that was made of sugar and gelatin and was shaped like teddy bears, cartoons, kids, animals, etc. were just jujubes to us. Didn't like them as much as jellybeans. Especially the green ones that tasted like spearmint. Yellow jujubes are pretty tasty though.