Dan Rather the racist.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's very hazy, but I'm getting a flash it was something regarding Bush's military career that was unsavory - or maybe to do with avoiding a military career. :lol::lol:
Yes! Some people do not take well to their heroes being defrocked. Poor Jack. Life must be difficult for the disillusioned.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
What is racist about it? We all eat watermelon. We sell tons of it and believe me - there are very few black people buying them. Silly food references. Everyone believes that East Indians are the only ones who eat curry. Everyone eats curry. Lots of people buy cilantro but I can tell you that I notice that the East Indian people buy more than others do. I love watermelon (and nearly all melon), I like curry in some dishes, and I can truly say - I quite dislike cilantro. I could care less if anyone comments on it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
A bell is starting to ring.............. Several years ago, Rather made a disclosure of some sort (probably unfavourable) about Y.J.'s buddy George the Younger and I have a feeling he was thinking Dan wasn't very nice.......................:lol::lol::lol: Seems to me upon further thought Dan let the cat out of the bag.

you got that right. Rather was dragged through the coals
for 'how' he obtained the material, but the point is that,
the material was true, little georgie porgie bush was a
very poor national guard person, and had some 'hanky panky'
marks given to him that he hadn't earned, and mysteriously
certain documents disappeared that would have exposed the
'real george', seems his daddy fixed it for him, and that
is the standard of person who served two terms as president
of the u.s.a., it's really disgusting.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yeah, I had a distinct feeling little Georgie had been up to some mischief. I always regarded Dan Rather as a pretty straight up sort of a guy. As much as a journalist can be.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Trust Walter to make mountains out of a grain of sand.
Just imagine the mountain ranges that would be made had Rush or Dubya or Palin or Harper said this; all the leftards would be having coronaries trying to make the mountains bigger.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
That coming from a guy with the most racist avatar here. roflmao
Why do you call it racist?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Just imagine the mountain ranges that would be made had Rush or Dubya or Palin or Harper said this; all the leftards would be having coronaries trying to make the mountains bigger.

So let me get this straight. You're making a big deal out of this even though you admit making a big deal out of it is retarded?

Yep, you sure are a genius Walt.:tongue3:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

The thing about the military gaff was that it was not true. That is why Dan Rather lost his job. He used forged documents that were proven to be wrong and done on a computer rather than a type writer. He stood by those forged documents to MAKE a story when there wasn't.

Maybe George Sr. did pull strings to get Jr. out of the Vietnam War and into the National Guard. Maybe Jr. wasn't a stellar serviceman. There are so many reasons to not like GW.

However, Rather had used an imaginary story, forged documents and that is why he was tossed. Dan Rather gave the GOP ammunition to liberal bias on the major networks.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Prove it was deliberate Walt, then you can say it was racist. Perhaps the ones who make a big deal out of it are racist for putting the two together.

Besides, you have proven yourself to be a bigot and racist in the past....I would assume you'd think it funny.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
So let me get this straight. You're making a big deal out of this even though you admit making a big deal out of it is retarded?

Yep, you sure are a genius Walt.:tongue3:
Egg Zachary! lmao

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Dan is a racist ? Hahahahahahahha Walter looking at you Avatar IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE AND SHAME ON YOU FOR THROWING ROCS ON YOUR TYPE.

That is what makes humanity totally stupid, racist to boot and you hate competition….:roll:
Who is the bloody pufter Walter?:p

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It's very hazy, but I'm getting a flash it was something regarding Bush's military career that was unsavory - or maybe to do with avoiding a military career. :lol::lol:

Your acid trips into the past are true. Bush, like Cheney, Clinton, and Gore never actually fought in Vietnam. Cheney said he had more important things to do. As did Clinton of course with all the chickees. And Gore went to 'Nam as a reporter. Bush stayed home in Texas and flew airplanes. Thanks daddy.

We see a trend how the well off send their poorer stupider brethren to fight for capitalism in far off Asiatic jungles or sandpits. There's no life like it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Your acid trips into the past are true. Bush, like Cheney, Clinton, and Gore never actually fought in Vietnam. Cheney said he had more important things to do. As did Clinton of course with all the chickees. And Gore went to 'Nam as a reporter. Bush stayed home in Texas and flew airplanes. Thanks daddy.

We see a trend how the well off send their poorer stupider brethren to fight for capitalism in far off Asiatic jungles or sandpits. There's no life like it.
The old, "Join the armed forces. Travel to fascinating places, meet interesting people and kill them!" routine.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Duh. Why do you think?
I don't know. How does my avatar fit the following?

rac·ism    /ˈreɪ
sɪz
əm
/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uh
m] Show IPA
–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.