COVID-19 'Pandemic'

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

zero new cases on the island now for a number of days.

we will see in about a month how bad the reopening reignites it.

If people use their heads there will be very little increased impact.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

the health advisories are still in place ......but are lifting gradually. Many protesters are wearing face covers. Those that are not are just silly, and irresponsible. this is not a "progressive" i sue....... it is a health issue.
Keep drinking that Kool-aid.
So to sum up, suddenly jostling against hundreds or thousands of other people in close quarters is not a risk as long as you wear a mask and don't yell, according to "Dr" Tam. When just 12 hours before that we were still being told to socially distance and stay at home except for necessary trips out of the house. Public health and safety is no longer an issue in Canada because a Black man was murdered by a cop in a foreign country.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Depends on who you are! People like my bro-in- law and me to a little lesser extent just can't take ANY chances at contracting the virus.
So don’t, cower at homealone . Why should I ?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I'm going away this weekend locking down in a Provincial Park.

Does anybody need a holiday for the weekend to avoid one when I get back?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Keep drinking that Kool-aid.
So to sum up, suddenly jostling against hundreds or thousands of other people in close quarters is not a risk as long as you wear a mask and don't yell, according to "Dr" Tam. When just 12 hours before that we were still being told to socially distance and stay at home except for necessary trips out of the house. Public health and safety is no longer an issue in Canada because a Black man was murdered by a cop in a foreign country.
Of course you are privileged don’t you know . Your parents or grandparents got to storm Omaha Beach , and if they were lucky survived , sadly many of their best friends expired before their eyes . They came home and got a bottle of rye and a pack of smokes and were told to suck it up . And they did , built the most even and just society the world has ever seen . When the Vietnam war was ending these racist monsters opened up their country to the boat people . Hiring and providing until they self sufficient, and from that success they branched out open it he country for all instead of only British Commonwealth immigrants . Such built in systemic racism .
I go to the bank , my tellers and loan officers are minority , and treat them like any other , my dental hygienist is minority and replaced another well educated capable technician of a different minority .And on and on . These people thrive because of their parents sacrifice , no different from those unfortunate to be born with white privileged . .

Sorry dad , sorry about your friends lost in Hong Kong and your thirty years of alcoholism and smoking but I have privalidge and you should have kept me in your pants .

Have you ever heard of anything so stupid as people apologizing for being born . They think they have privilege because there parents scrimped, saved and provided guidance.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

the health advisories are still in place ......but are lifting gradually. Many protesters are wearing face covers. Those that are not are just silly, and irresponsible. this is not a "progressive" i sue....... it is a health issue.
And yet a family gets fined for roller skating together.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

zero new cases on the island now for a number of days.
we will see in about a month how bad the reopening reignites it.
Judging by yesterday's opening of the parks here more people are going to die on the highway than from any virus.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Judging by yesterday's opening of the parks here more people are going to die on the highway than from any virus.

Yep, things look fairly optimistic, we are almost back to the point we were at when this shit got started so we still have to remember NOT to lose sight of that. I'll be wearing my mask for a little while yet!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Yep, things look fairly optimistic, we are almost back to the point we were at when this shit got started so we still have to remember NOT to lose sight of that. I'll be wearing my mask for a little while yet!
I have one of those masks but we had one single case (someone from out of town) in the local hospital since this thing started so I haven't worn that mask yet!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I have one of those masks but we had one single case (someone from out of town) in the local hospital since this thing started so I haven't worn that mask yet!

Maybe the important thing to take out of that is, people can be contagious for two days before showing symptoms & they can infect a lot of people in two days. I think it's stupid to be paranoid, but smart just to take the simple precautions that probably work 99% of the time.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Maybe the important thing to take out of that is, people can be contagious for two days before showing symptoms & they can infect a lot of people in two days. I think it's stupid to be paranoid, but smart just to take the simple precautions that probably work 99% of the time.
Then you better also wear surgical gloves when you go to the grocery store, because you don't know how many people touched that box of cereals you're buying etc. etc.

It's all about risk assessment!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Our National Health advisor gave the demonstrations a green light to proceed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Then you better also wear surgical gloves when you go to the grocery store, because you don't know how many people touched that box of cereals you're buying etc. etc.

It's all about risk assessment!

Easier just to wash your hands when you get home and avoid touching your face (which the mask mainly takes cares of)