Cops are becoming pansies

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
VI

8 Times - Last one thru the head - no mention of police attempting to take him down after 2, 3,4, 5, 6, or the 7th shot - 8th thru the head - Police nowadays -not all go to max mode - but some do - police know who the wackos are that should not be on the street - but the code prevents them from speaking - you know that as well as I - and any Officer bring that forward is in the words of that famous Chinese Scholar who is quoted in many languages - Fucxked -
also Police should never investigate themselves - that goes for Doctors and Lawyers as well -
Job stress - yes - they have assistance and help that is provided free - yes the is damage to their careers - But they have to take action - that is the mentality of the Police - This man was murdered - No other way of looking at it.

The eighth shot through the head while the guy was on his hands and knees. Surely to God the rest of the cops at the scene could have overpowered a man who had already been shot seven times.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yes, shooting a guy 8 times is a bit of overkill, and a failure of training on the part of the police.

Threatening a cop with a bicycle chain is a failure of someone's upbringing. Just like in plane crashes, these things are usually the result of not one failure, but multiple failures.

If you're going to blame the cop, feel free to blame the dead guy, too.
I'm not saying that the dead guy wasn't at fault for anything; just that killing him because of a threatened bruise or scrape is insane.
Bipolar disorder can cause hallucinations, delusions, and suicide can be tempting to some. "Oh, there's a crazy guy threatening us! Let's air-condition him, mates!"

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
There is a difference between journalism and "the media". You are very bent on how you would do things differently then the police. I wonder how well you would do in their position! Poorly I think. In regard to police work you appear to have very little sense of how any of it works.8O
The media can be paint, music, tv, internet, and a variety of other things. According to Oxford Dictionary "medium " (the singular form of "media" means;
noun ([SIZE=-1]pl.[/SIZE] media or mediums) 1 a means by which something is expressed, communicated, or achieved. 2 a substance through which a force or other influence is transmitted. 3 a form of storage for computer software, such as magnetic tape or disks. 4 a liquid with which pigments are mixed to make paint. 5 ([SIZE=-1]pl.[/SIZE] mediums) a person claiming to be able to communicate between the dead and the living. 6 the middle state between two extremes.
Did you mean the newsmedia?
Journalism is the timely reporting of events which is what the newsmedia are supposed to be doing.

You have no idea what I have seen police do. I have seen a single cop drop an uncooperative suspect in seconds without lethal force. I have seen untrained people take down others without lethal force. I have also been at a friend's apartment overlooking the back alley behind a detatchment and saw a few officers beating the crap out of someone while the suspect was cuffed. So, before you shoot your mouth off about what I have seen cops do, perhaps you should ask me instead of judging me.

I don't know what sort of training city cops get but we have several members of the RCMP as friends and I DO know a little about their training.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The eighth shot through the head while the guy was on his hands and knees. Surely to God the rest of the cops at the scene could have overpowered a man who had already been shot seven times.
You'd think so.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

That one is VERY tricky....I didn't know that....you would wonder how a guy armed only witha bicycle chain could still be a threat while on his hands and knees......

wow.

I had envisioned a burst of 8 shots delivered in just a couple of seconds......

wow

On his hands and knees.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That one is VERY tricky....I didn't know that....you would wonder how a guy armed only witha bicycle chain could still be a threat while on his hands and knees......

wow.

wow

On his hands and knees.
Colpy, even 4 body shots should be enough. If the guy hadn't dropped by then, I bet all they'd have to do is stay away from him and wait till he bled out enough to drop.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

wow.

wow

On his hands and knees.

This is from the OP:
Boyd was struck at least four times with a police baton but continued to punch the officer while still clutching the bicycle chain in his hand.
The Crown said Boyd tried to run away and the officers gave chase. One drew his pistol and pointed it at Boyd, who then moved towards the officer holding the gun.
"As Mr. Boyd approached, the officer fired a single shot at him. Mr. Boyd stepped back, fell down onto the road and immediately got back to his feet," the report said.
The officer fired eight more shots, believing Boyd must be wearing body armour. He was not and was struck seven more times.
"While Mr. Boyd was struck and knocked down or partly knocked down by seven shots, he continued to get up and advance or attempt to get up and advance on the officer after each shot," the report said.
Boyd was on his hands and knees when the final gunshot was fired.
"He appeared to be attempting to get to his feet again and the officer fired a shot at his head which caused him to fall to the ground and he did not get up again," the report said.

You know Colpy this looks an awful lot like suicide by cop to me.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It looks a lot like that yes and it also looks a lot like he was determined to do harm to someone no matter what. You all keep asking why the cop kept shooting but none of you wonder why the guy didn't stay down even after 7 shots. What should they have done - keep stepping back waiting for him to keep trying to get up? One step back and watch the guy try again and again and again.
I'm glad you know so much about the police Anna.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It looks a lot like that yes and it also looks a lot like he was determined to do harm to someone no matter what. You all keep asking why the cop kept shooting but none of you wonder why the guy didn't stay down even after 7 shots. What should they have done - keep stepping back waiting for him to keep trying to get up? One step back and watch the guy try again and again and again.
I'm sorry you know so little about blood loss, body trauma, and how much damage 357 rounds can do. The guy was operating from pure shock. He couldn't feel anything. That aspect of shock is a very short event. Trauma - how our body reacts - Better Health Channel.

All I can say is that I am glad the cops like those don't tote around miniguns and rocket launchers.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
This is from the OP:

You know Colpy this looks an awful lot like suicide by cop to me.

It does look like suicide by cop......unreal that a man could (or would) keep coming despite multiple hits.....wow.

Explains one thing.....the body armour drill......if two shots to centre mass do not stop, fire at the head.

But while he is on his hands and knees??? Armed with a bicycle chain???

I don't know........

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

One thing I'm sorry about is that the officer who did all the shooting is still on duty. His actions did not sound like someone fit to be a policeman. He must have known that few people could absorb four or five shots and live through it, let alone eight shots, and certainly not the one in the head. This situation didn't call for bullets it called for pepper spray. Where the hell was the pepper spray?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It does look like suicide by cop......unreal that a man could (or would) keep coming despite multiple hits.....wow.

Explains one thing.....the body armour drill......if two shots to centre mass do not stop, fire at the head.

But while he is on his hands and knees??? Armed with a bicycle chain???

I don't know........
I do know. It was overkill and a disrespectful, cowardly waste of a life.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Goober, you know as well as I do that any action taken by the police these days is murder in the eyes of the public. I don't know why you are bringing job stress into it. I know that has been mentioned but only in the context that if they cannot handle the stress, they shouldn't be there. A stupid statement. How many of you people put yourselves in the actual position before you shoot your mouths off? Everyone is so full of "they should haves" rather than knowing what it's like to be there. The question was asked "what did they do before guns?" and anyone should know that the police in Canada have never been without guns. I've asked the question myself as to why the police don't shoot in an arm or a leg or some place that likely won't kill. The response was "Because if you are going to shoot, you shoot to kill". Now unless you are the one being threatened, you may not agree with that but people have to realize that not every person who is knocked down by a shot to an arm or a leg, stays down. A bicycle chain can harm a police officer enough that the person weilding the chain can then have the time to finish the officer off but that would be okay with everyone right? As long as it's only the officer that is hurt and not the person who wants to hurt them. In most places in Canada a police officer (especially the RCMP) an officer is alone. I don't know if this particular police officer had backup or not (as stated at some point earlier - I have not read the story and never heard of it before now)but how close can any of you (even if you were two) get to someone who is swinging a chain. Bike chains are metal and they do hurt and maim or worse. Maybe even cut out your eyes with the right swing. Kind of like being blinded by a toothpick if it's used right.
"police don't always go to the max mode but some do". So let's start a thread on the one(s) that do so they can all look bad and people can make idiotic comments.

He was shot 8 times - last one thru the head - murder -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
*shrugs*
That from a guy who'd be happier if Hitler hadn't been stopped.

I hate having to explain what, to me, is as apparant as the nose on ones face.

The police "protect" the population from bad guys in country in much the same way as the soldier "protects" the population from bad guys outside the country. Yet, here you are bad mouthing the police for killing an apparent bad guy, yet when an innocent is killed by our military the reaction is, oh well, so sad, that's life. Why does the military get a pass but the police don't? Why is this "murder", as goober has said, and a killed baby an "oh well"? Hypocracy much?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I guess they don't teach cops the way to limit the flow of blood to the brain any more. It restricts the carotid artery. Someone trained in its use can use it without killing. There are a variety of take down methods other than that, too.

http://www.martialclub.com/_cms/print.php?news.117

I thought you knew about the police Anna. They have not been allowed the use of the "choke hold" for years and years now. People also died with the use of the choke hold. So you want the gun gone, you want them to use the asp baton (it kills too), you want them to use the choke hold (already declared illegal) and Juan is wondering where the pepper spray is. If the guy used his fists and knocked the guy out cold you would all be yelling police brutality even if the guy lived to sue him. It just never ends does it! These police officers are using the tools they were taught to use - right or wrong in your eyes. What would any of you do on the spur of the moment in their place. I'm glad that I will never have to answer that question. The answers are so easy when you are not in the hot seat. It's like watching Wheel of Fortune or Millionaire. The answers are usually pretty easy until you are the one sitting on stage.