Confused about Christ?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Ohhhh. Just like when the wicked witch talked Snow WHite into biting a poisoned apple, or so it was written.

Not quite, AG. This is how it was written by the religious establishment of the day:

"... some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened. When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, telling them, 'You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.' So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day." (Matthew 28:11-15 NIV)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yeah, people write a lot of stuff, some of which is actually factual, some is not.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
At one time, the disciple Thomas was confused about Christ.

"Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" (John 14:5 NIV)

After the resurrection, Thomas' confusion turned to doubt.

'"Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, 'We have seen the Lord!' But he said to them, 'Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe." (John 20:24-25 NIV)

Within a week, Thomas' confusion and doubt gave way to faith.

"A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, 'Peace be with you!' Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.' Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and my God!" (John 20:26-28 NIV)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, people write a lot of stuff, some of which is actually factual, some is not.

It's amazing the stuff that has to be explained to some people, like your average library is divided into two parts...........fiction & non fiction. :) :)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The disciple Philip also experienced confusion concerning Christ.
"Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.' Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time?" (John 14:8-9 NIV)

In time however, Philip became an ambassador for Christ.
"Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went. Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Messiah there. When the crowds heard Philip and saw the signs he performed, they all paid close attention to what he said." (Acts 8:4-6 NIV)

In the fullness of time, Philip led seekers to believing faith in Christ.
"Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. 'Do you understand what you are reading?' Philip asked. 'How can I,' he said, 'unless someone explains it to me?' So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him ... Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus." (Acts 8:30-31;35 NIV)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

^

Bigot

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"In humans all reproduction is sexual. It involves joining together haploid gamete cells from each parent with half the normal number of chromosomes to make a new cell containing both parents' genetic material. This is a diploid zygote.

The cells from each parent that combine to form the zygote are called gametes. In humans, the male gamete is called sperm, and the female gamete is called an egg. When the gametes join they form a cell called a zygote. Human sperm and eggs contain 23 chromosomes. Human zygotes contain 46 chromosomes." BBC - GCSE Bitesize: Formation of sex cells

Is it possible for two male gametes or two female gametes to join together and become one flesh?

'Fraid not.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Talking to yourself is a bad sign...

To the priest Eli, Hannah appeared to be talking to herself and he assumed that she was inebriated.

"As she kept on praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth. Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk and said to her, 'How long are you going to stay drunk? Put away your wine.' 'Not so, my lord,' Hannah replied, 'I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the Lord. Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief.' Eli answered, 'Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him." (1 Samuel 1:12-17 NIV)

In fact, she was praying.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, 'Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!' His disciples remembered that it is written: 'Zeal for your house will consume me.'

The Jews then responded to him, 'What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?' Jesus answered them, 'Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.' They replied, 'It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?' But the temple he had spoken of was his body. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person." (John 2:13-25 NIV)

In this passage, to whom did Jesus not entrust himself and why?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We are conscious energy having a physical experience in a holographic Universe. We are the author, director and star of our own movie. Life will be whatever you believe it will be and so will your death.... until you wake up to the fact that it was all a dream of your own making and get back in the game of having a physical experience in the holographic Universe. You are your own god. There are no others. Unfortunately, we don't know that because we were never taught so most of us create our lives by default: as society expects us to, to follow the rules of a rigged game.
Quantum physics has shown that physical reality does not exist in the physical without an observer and that the observer can alter that reality by intention and focus. We have been living for millennium in a colossal lie (the Matrix) and it is time to wake up from the nightmare and to the awesome power and creativity of our minds. Religion was designed to keep you from knowing yourself, to keep you looking outside of yourself for answers, for redemption and salvation. It is has always been about control and those who play that game are terrified that we will wake up and take back the control of our lives and become self-empowered.

We are part of a greater whole and we are made of the same stuff. There is no separation: we are part of the Creator and It is part of us. We are the creators of our small part of the Universe, the Creator is responsible for the rest of the Universe.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
... Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person." (John 2:13-25 NIV)

In this passage, to whom did Jesus not entrust himself and why?

"Jews (religious) demand signs and Greeks (philosophers) look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God." (1 Corinthians 1:22-24 NIV)

Jesus does not entrust himself to those of us who come to Him on our own terms. Our minds are constipated by our own wisdom and agendas.