Clifford Olson dying of cancer

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I wouldn`t wish Cancer on my worst enemy.
I agree with you completely. This man was never going to get out where he could ever hurt anyone again anyway.

JLM: Do you really believe that any jail in this country would actually inject a man with cancer cells? They eat decent food - not the best food. They have the same right to medical treatment you or I or anyone else has - no more and no less. They find ways to get their drugs in so no - they are not guaranteed to be healthy. Many of them are treated better than they deserve to be but they are not being served steak and mashed potatoes everynight, nor would they bump anyone out of a health care treatment.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I agree with you completely. This man was never going to get out where he could ever hurt anyone again anyway.

JLM: Do you really believe that any jail in this country would actually inject a man with cancer cells? They eat decent food - not the best food. They have the same right to medical treatment you or I or anyone else has - no more and no less. They find ways to get their drugs in so no - they are not guaranteed to be healthy. Many of them are treated better than they deserve to be but they are not being served steak and mashed potatoes everynight, nor would they bump anyone out of a health care treatment.

Under normal circumstances.......NO, under extenuating circumstances, maybe!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Assuming there is a god, how would you know that he would be forgiven or not?

To my understanding (and I really don't mean this to be insulting) in the born again ideology they have to have absolute faith that simply inviting god back in is enough. if that faith flags, and they question if a serial child murderer can be forgiven too, then they might have negated their own salvation.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
To my understanding (and I really don't mean this to be insulting) in the born again ideology they have to have absolute faith that simply inviting god back in is enough. if that faith flags, and they question if a serial child murderer can be forgiven too, then they might have negated their own salvation.

I can appreciate religion, but when people speak absolutes about God's will it bewilders me, how the fack do you know?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I can appreciate religion, but when people speak absolutes about God's will it bewilders me, how the fack do you know?
If you really truly are spiritually in tune with God you'd know. Most aren't in tune with God or their spirituality if they run their lives on fear of a mean God that will reject them.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Do you think it would do him any good? I was hoping he might clear up a few more mysteries before checking out!
I think a lot of people were hoping for that but from what I've heard so far - he added nothing. I think we have to remember a couple of things - he was probably too sick to even think about it and maybe too out of it to say anything even if he cared to. You are speaking of a man without a conscience so he would not have cared. There was nothing in it for him.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Well that settles it. I'm having a beer. I hope that if there is a hell he rots there. If there isn't I am happy for the families of his victims who won't have to put up with this piece garbage anymore.

Here's to the families, may they finally get some closure.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Terry Bizeau, the mother of Terri Lyn Carson, who was murdered by Olson when she was 15 years old, said she received a call from Corrections Canada at around 12:30 Pacific time, and knew what it was about before picking up the phone.
“When [the Corrections spokesperson] told me who she was, I knew it anyway,” Bizeau said. “I asked if he’s dead and she said yes. I yelled out that he was dead and I started crying.”

“How can you put feelings into words,” Bizeau said. “All I feel right now is that it’s finally over. Justice has finally been done. I hope that whatever they do, if they bury him or cremate him, I hope they cremate him and flush his ashes in the toilet.
“With him being dead, to me that’s finally closure on it,” she went on. “He’s not going to bother us. He’s not going to be on TV all the time. He’s not going to be killing any more kids. It’s finally the end.”

What a horrible ordeal.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think a lot of people were hoping for that but from what I've heard so far - he added nothing. I think we have to remember a couple of things - he was probably too sick to even think about it and maybe too out of it to say anything even if he cared to. You are speaking of a man without a conscience so he would not have cared. There was nothing in it for him.

Except facing the "report card".

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm pretty indifferent to this news. I'll neither mourn him nor celebrate him. Just another dead man. A dead man my money wont be supporting.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm pretty indifferent to this news. I'll neither mourn him nor celebrate him. Just another dead man. A dead man my money wont be supporting.

It will probably take years to pay off the money he's already cost us! :lol:

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

I understand you see it that way, but that's certainly not how we see it. There's nothing out there that can negate your salvation. Once saved, always saved. You can't lose it.

I love this question because it has an answer! If you want to know God's exact will it's right there in his word, the bible. Is it God's will for you to:

find a job?

have kids?

own a truck?

It's all in there, and the beautiful part is that you don't have to take my word for it. God's will = God's word.

"Good thing I got this book, it's jam-packed with answers!" - Ned Flanders ;):lol:

Assuming there is a god, how would you know that he would be forgiven or not?

It's not for me or anyone else to know. It's between God and Clifford Olsen. But for the sake of the argument, salvation is possible for Olsen. Again, numerous scriptures in the bible tell us this.

Sorry for the hijack everyone. :)