Clifford Olson dying of cancer

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you want a person to suffer then ALS as you know is a devastating disease.

Good thought with a little muscular dystophy mixed in. :lol:

You'd just be giving those guys an easy way out. As it is, Bernardo probably has another 30 years left in him where he can live out his days in solitary misery.

I just wish they had him breaking rocks for 10 hours a day during his solitary misery.

I have no issue with him suffering a long painful drawn out demise.

Yep, I just hope they are not medicating him in hospital, it's a desecration that tax payers would have to pay for his meds ON TOP of room and board there.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yep, I just hope they are not medicating him in hospital, it's a desecration that tax payers would have to pay for his meds ON TOP of room and board there.

Well, after 29 years of giving this scumbag money for the bodies of dead children-entertaining his bullcrap-giving him endless parole hearings, and sending him pension checks; I'd just like to say it will be nice when this guy is fermenting somewhere below the surface of the earth.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, after 29 years of giving this scumbag money for the bodies of dead children-entertaining his bullcrap-giving him endless parole hearings, and sending him pension checks; I'd just like to say it will be nice when this guy is fermenting somewhere below the surface of the earth.

I have a little first hand history about the case- in 1984 while working on a Highways project at Hope B.C. we stayed in a motel that was owned and managed by a retired Police officer and his wife. He had been active on the Olson case and talked to me in length about it. He says the $100,000 paid for information was money well spent as at the height of the investigation it was costing $30,000 a day and what that $100, 000 bought them was the location of a grave on the side of a mountain way back in the bush where it would have otherwise never have been found. If it wasn't for that they only had enough proof to proceed with charges on one other murder- the first one he committed.

I wonder if he is getting a little worried now that the "report card" is imminent. :lol:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Im satisfied that this predator is dying, as im sure everyone else is. But isnt it kinda wrong to celebrate and find joy in someones death, no matter how evil the human being might have been?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Its the first and only time any of us have been given anything to be happy about concerning this horrible
human being, so allow us to feel some joy and satisfaction that at least he can suffer a bit, but it will
never equal the suffering he has delivered to the dead kids, and their families, so, NO I will not feel
any guilt at all for enjoying this moment, we all deserve it, and he should have been put to death long ago.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Its the first and only time any of us have been given anything to be happy about concerning this horrible
human being, so allow us to feel some joy and satisfaction that at least he can suffer a bit, but it will
never equal the suffering he has delivered to the dead kids, and their families, so, NO I will not feel
any guilt at all for enjoying this moment, we all deserve it, and he should have been put to death long ago.

Right on Talloola!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Cancer is never an easy way out. Even the death penalty, if we had it, would be a much nicer way to go than cancer.

No, but if you are to be in a 50 square foot cell the rest of your life, it is a comparatively easy way out.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
So is this supposed to be the distraction story of the week or are we just that dry for news?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So is this supposed to be the distraction story of the week or are we just that dry for news?

For most of us, thankfully, Yes. For probably hundreds of relatives and friends of murdered children, the first ray of "sunshine" in 30 years. Let them derive what small amount of enjoyment they can derive from it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I've been doing some more thinking about this and something smells a little fishy. Prison inmates get the best medical care of anyone in the country, so it's surprising he suddenly came down with terminal cancer. They eat the most nutritious food of anyone in the country, they don't smoke or drink (not regularly anyhow) and they get exercise every day, so the odds are reduced to virtually nil. I am however wondering if perhaps he was injected with some cancer cells- possibly during a dental procedure because prison workers had had enough of him. I know that sounds a little far out but not as far out as the news story. The news just passes along what they've been told.

You've got to be joking. He's had cancer for years according to the article, and treatment was unsuccessful. If yuo've ever lost one of your family to pancreatic or liver or brain cancer, you'd know that even healthy people can die despite brilliant medical care.

I realize there are exceptions to the rule, but I also think there's a bigger chance that someone got "tired" of him.

One of the key things that makes the human immune system fail is stress, and I'm willing to be that being incarcerated, even in Canada, is no cake walk. Someone got tired of him alright. His own immune system did.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You've got to be joking. He's had cancer for years according to the article, and treatment was unsuccessful. If yuo've ever lost one of your family to pancreatic or liver or brain cancer, you'd know that even healthy people can die despite brilliant medical care.

You're half right Karrie, at the time I posted I had no knowledge that he had been diagnosed with cancer previously. I've know several people who have died of pancreatic cancer, cancer of the liver and cancer of the brain. Some of the death were attributable to late diagnosis- something I wasn't aware would happen in prison...............generally speaking as, as soon the inmates have an itch or a scratch, a dozen physicians come galloping to the rescue. But you are right in that I've always said "THERE IS AN EXCEPTION TO EVERY RULE". It's a pity he couldn't be dying of A.L.S. where they usually end up choking to death.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
karrie One of the key things that makes the human immune system fail is stress said:
Do people who have no conscience suffer from stress? I've read that his I.Q. is somewhere near the top end of "idiot", so would he be able to recognize stress if he had it?

I wouldn`t wish Cancer on my worst enemy.

Ummmmmmmmmm!!!!!! I'd amend that to my "run of the mill" enemy. :smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Do people who have no conscience suffer from stress? I've read that his I.Q. is somewhere near the top end of "idiot", so would he be able to recognize stress if he had it?

Do caged animals suffer from stress? Yes. Conscience or not, he'd still have stress over being behind bars.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
He's dead. :lol::lol::lol::lol: