Christian Inclusiveness

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Motar,If you mind me asking, what is your religious affiliation or background? How does it influence your daily life experience?

I don't mind, gopher. Have a look in your Inbox : )

Now if only Jesus would send some wealthy heiress in my direction ....

Here's a wife for you : )

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. she makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." (Proverbs 31:10-31 NIV)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Is it true that Jesus was inclusive? If so, in what sense was Jesus inclusive? Were there limits to Jesus’ inclusiveness?

"As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. 'Good teacher,' he asked, 'what must I do to inherit eternal life?' 'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered. 'No one is good—except God alone. You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.' 'Teacher,' he declared, 'all these I have kept since I was a boy."

"Jesus looked at him and loved him. 'One thing you lack,' he said. 'Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.' At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth." (Mark 10:17-22 NIV)

Jesus loved this man of great wealth who expressed interest in God's kingdom. Jesus invited him in a very personal way to join Him. The man excluded himself because of his wealth.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
He was excluded because of his poverty.

That the Promethean myth is not entirely to be dissociated from the story of the Galilean savior is shown by the fact that, according to Carpenter, "Prometheus, the greatest and earliest benefactor of the human race, was nailed by hands and feet, and with arms extended, to the rocks of Mt. Caucasus."8 When one knows that this figure fastened to a cross or rock is but the outward dramatization of the truth of the god’s impalement on the stake of matter, all historical realism connected with it becomes revolting.

The Titans were styled in the Mysteries "Thyrsus-bearers, and Prometheus concealed fire in a thyrsus or reed; after which he was considered as bringing celestial light into generation or leading soul into body, or calling forth the divine illumination."9 The natural order harbors in it the seeds of spiritual growth.

Massey quite plausibly allocates to the word "Teitan" the "number of the Beast" given in Revelation as 666. He argues that the triple "S" on the Gnostic stones, represents this number, "S" equaling 6. SSS then equals 666. It was a sign of the six elementary creations that prepare the way for the seventh. He traces the value of the letters as follows:

T ............... 300

E ............... 5

I ............... 10

T ............... 300

A ............... 50

N ............... 1

____

The statement that the Beast lost one of its heads, which was afterwards restored and healed (Cf. a similar case in the Egyptian mythos) is interpreted by him to mean that the descent of the Titanic hosts was the figurative equivalent of the loss of the head or intellect to be regained in the evolutionary sequel. The sevenfold corpus of deity,

minus one of its heads, was thus numerically reduced from seven to six. Man, then, is to be regarded as a sevenfold being suffering the temporary loss of his (divine) intellect, or head, which he is striving to restore or heal. We must round out the Beast in us by giving him a head of intelligence. There is still more to this typology of seven minus one. The fabled Mt. Meru "is also described as being intersected by six parallel ranges running east and west. Six is typed by the hexagon or space in six directions"--a symbol of our life in this three-dimensional world, where the cube of six sides is the typical shape of any existential object. The six parallel ranges are the six planes beneath the topmost level, where the "heart of Bacchus" was preserved when the mental body was dismembered. Says Proclus in the Timaeus: "The Framer made the heavens six in number, and for the seventh he cast into the midst the fire of the sun." This was the crowning of nature’s six elementary kingdoms with the element of mind, or the first injection of intellect into the evolutionary creation in and through the person of man, Atum-Ra, the first god-born race. Nature struggles upward through six degrees of material coarseness, till her product, animal-man, is sufficiently sensitized to be made the vehicle of Manas, or Mind.

Job (5:19) relates six and seven mysteriously in a remarkable statement: "He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven, there shall no evil touch thee." Trouble is associated with six and deliverance from it with seven. Life is captive and harassed during its long peregrinations upward through the three sub-atomic "elemental kingdoms" in the invisible world, the preliminary stages in the formation of matter out of empty space, and the mineral, vegetable and animal kingdoms in the visible atomic world; and intelligence comes in the seventh kingdom to release it from its sub-conscious captivity. Life is in "Egyptian" bondage to nature through six aeons. AB KHUN -LOST LIGHT

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Motar; said:
I don't mind, gopher. Have a look in your Inbox : )

Here's a wife for you : )

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. she makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." (Proverbs 31:10-31 NIV)

I wouldn't mind having a wealthy wife like that. Would've preferred at least one like that 40 years ago but mebbe in another lifetime ....

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I wouldn't mind having a wealthy wife like that. Would've preferred at least one like that 40 years ago but mebbe in another lifetime ....

When I come back in my next life as a red-tailed hawk, I shall prey every day.

The gods willing, of course.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Ah, but be on the lookout for that armed gopher:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

I was digging through some papers tonight, found this and thought of you, Gopher.

Newborn Green

Green is every peeping bud
Blossoms 'waken 'neath the mud.
Pressing up toward welcome warmth
Light and life are pouring forth.

Warm and saline is the breeze
Swaying grasses so at ease.
Fruited, fragrant trees all full
'Tis a season never dull.

Crisp and gaily colored leaves
Leave their service to the trees.
Sailing softly to the earth
Blanketing the hardened hearth.

White and heavy on the brow
Rests a mantle of new snow.
Heavy, cold and clinging still
Soul is bound in winter's chill.

'Wakes again to newborn green
Glittering brightness never seen.
Held in rapture evermore
Having reached that blessed shore.

Last edited:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Is it true that Jesus was inclusive? If so, in what sense was Jesus inclusive? Were there limits to Jesus’ inclusiveness?

"The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed. (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.) So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, 'Why don’t your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?" (Mark 7:1-5 NIV)

In the gospel records, religious leaders often approached Jesus and asked him to bless what they were doing. Jesus responded by asking them to do what he was blessing. There were numerous occasions when Jesus invited them to join him but they excluded themselves because of their traditions.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I was digging through some papers tonight, found this and thought of you, Gopher.

Newborn Green

Green is every peeping bud
Blossoms 'waken 'neath the mud.
Pressing up toward welcome warmth
Light and life are pouring forth.

Warm and saline is the breeze
Swaying grasses so at ease.
Fruited, fragrant trees all full
'Tis a season never dull.

Crisp and gaily colored leaves
Leave their service to the trees.
Sailing softly to the earth
Blanketing the hardened hearth.

White and heavy on the brow
Rests a mantle of new snow.
Heavy, cold and clinging still
Soul is bound in winter's chill.

'Wakes again to newborn green
Glittering brightness never seen.
Held in rapture evermore
Having reached that blessed shore.

Sister, you have a good soul but bad theology. You suffer from chosen-people syndrome. The gods infected the Christians and Muslims, and the Jews before them.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Sister, you have a good soul but bad theology. You suffer from chosen-people syndrome. The gods infected the Christians and Muslims, and the Jews before them.

Dear Brother Spade, I so appreciate your faithful candor. Concerning chosen-people syndrome:

"Do you have “chosen people” syndrome? Symptoms include keeping quiet about your faith, little concern for people who don’t know Jesus, and a notion that God cares only about believers. Jonah had a classic case of this syndrome." Today Daily Devotional - "CHOSEN PEOPLE" SYNDROME

Admittedly, I do retreat at times from the privilege and responsibility of bearing Christ. The challenges within and without can overwhelm. But the inspiration never fails.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Dear Brother Spade, I so appreciate your faithful candor. Concerning chosen-people syndrome:

"Do you have “chosen people” syndrome? Symptoms include keeping quiet about your faith, little concern for people who don’t know Jesus, and a notion that God cares only about believers. Jonah had a classic case of this syndrome." Today Daily Devotional - "CHOSEN PEOPLE" SYNDROME

Admittedly, I do retreat at times from the privilege and responsibility of bearing Christ. The challenges within and without can overwhelm. But the inspiration never fails.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)

It's not important or necessary to know this Jesus guy to be one with Christ, they are two things, not one.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
It's not important or necessary to know this Jesus guy to be one with Christ, they are two things, not one.

Exactly! One was simply a man; the other, an invention - an amalgam of myths and magic never far from the philosopher's stone.

However, if one finds peace in the latter, may the gods bless and keep him safe!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Exactly! One was simply a man; the other, an invention - an amalgam of myths and magic never far from the philosopher's stone.

However, if one finds peace in the latter, may the gods bless and keep him safe!

If you insist on light being an invention rather than the bearer of invention may we with some certainty place you in the creationist camp? The word Christ and it's meaning are now heavily laden with error. That word means light. Light is the visible manifestation (for humans)of life, it could not have taken the reasoning mind of man
many days to determine the power of light in every form of life they studied, at every turn light was common to all forms of matter, the living and the inorganic as well. So to herald light as the One is entirely reasonable
and science being entirely reasonable agrees, not a flea nor a dandy lion would hazard to guess otherwise. That big irradiating ball in the heavens is in fact an agent of the one God. There is nothing that is not found in light. Peace, riot, life death stone butterflies maggots volcanoes all obey that light those that rebel transpire unsaved to the elemental regions where they begin again the climb to light. And they will do this without rest until they realize their purpose in life, seven or nothing. There is no rest or peace for the wicked as the wicked refuse the balm of light. AMEN by the way brother Spade we've noticed the plate a bit lighter these past few Sundays even as having passed by your hand. insert big smiley

We could do just as well with Christ in Bob or Christ in Doug.

This is informative indeed. The process

of divination begins with the highest God and is relayed, in ever diminishing power, from rank to rank, down to the animal. Only by living on the lees of the superior order can each kingdom link itself to its appropriate measure of divine vivification.

By such occult analysis is it possible to see the meaning of the final hint of danger expressed by the line: "for if you worship their gods it will endanger you." This work has already set forth the peril involved for the heavenly visitant in taking residence in animal forms, if it permitted itself to "worship their gods" of sensuality and beastliness. A number of passages of scripture admonish the children of light to "make no compact" with the "natives" of that realm to which they were sent, nor to marry their "women"!

The sum of this material which shows the world to be figuratively "at sixes and sevens" is that conscious life was in servitude and bondage to blind unintelligent elemental forces for six aeons, three in the invisible and three in the visible worlds, and was only lifted up to the liberty of sons of God when the spiritual fire of the spiritual sun, the second Adam or the Christ, was set in the heavens of man’s conscious being as the ruler of the six sub-mental powers. In Galatians (4) Paul clearly states that when we were children in evolution "we were in bondage to them that by nature are no gods." We were in slavery to the elementals of the earth and of the air, as he distinctly says! He warns his brethren not to come under the power of these elementals, as it would endanger their spiritual integrity.

Stars are closely intermingled with the fire symbolism. They are themselves fiery in constitution, blazing suns or their planets. Stars were considered the children of Ra, the great lord of the spiritual sun, who emaned them like tears from his eyes. Souls were his offspring, centrally nucleated by his solar fire. He was the parent of the Kumaras. Stars were held to be a race of higher beings, having souls of the essence of light coming from the sun. "I have shed my seed (of light) abroad for you," he says to his sons.11 In the Book of Adam and Eve, translated from the Ethiopic by Malan, God says: "I made thee of the light, and I wished to bring out children of the light from thee." The sun’s children were called Ruti, or men of excellence. Under the name of Khabsu the stars are synonymous with souls, as also in the name of Seb. Souls in Amenta were represented by stars. As the souls arose in their resurrection they appeared above the horizon on the eastern

side of heaven. This is why the rising star of the solar deity born in mankind was seen "in the east" in the Gospel story. It dies in the west, like the sun, and has its new birth in the house of bread (Bethlehem) in the east. The god Shu-Anhur was called the "lifter up of the sky," together with its inhabitants, the stars. Ra addresses Shu: "Be the guardian of the multitudes that live in the nocturnal sky," or sky of the Lower Egypt of Amenta. "Put them on thy head and be their fosterer," or sustainer. Spiritually this betokens the elevation of our elemental nature by the shifting of the center of intellectual and spiritual gravity above the horizon in the heaven of consciousness. The stars were in fact the bodies of gods, and the lucent fragment of deity in man is his star. AB KHUN LOSTLIGHT