Chavez ... Human Rights Violator ... and Liar

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:idea: :idea: hey I bet I know why uzekistan is not mentioned along with the usual suspects like Iran, Burma, Cuba .....bet its got something to do with a US military base that offers easy access to Afghanistan. After all what is 10,000 political prisoners in the scheme of greenbacks...kinda reminds you of Iraq eh??? fecking hypocrites!

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Reverend Blair said:
Ii will find examples of this in the above "paper" and aricle?

A group that comes in a sows discord in a politically unstable region, especially if it has ties to outside entities that stand to benefit from further destabilisation, is clearly acting to destabilise the government.

Can you understand that, Said, or is it necessary to provide an outside link? I realise that original thought is discouraged, and making inferences of our own is considered untenable by some, but if you have a problem with my argument, why not take a shot at refuting it?

So in other words no? :lol:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
peapod said:
:idea: :idea: hey I bet I know why uzekistan is not mentioned along with the usual suspects like Iran, Burma, Cuba .....bet its got something to do with a US military base that offers easy access to Afghanistan. After all what is 10,000 political prisoners in the scheme of greenbacks...kinda reminds you of Iraq eh??? fecking hypocrites!

Money talks, eh?

ps: was Uzbekistand mentioned somewhere and I missed it?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
In other words, they do but they do not make the statement directly.

Can you refute what I posted, Said? Are willing to try to make a cogent argument detailing how a religious organisation that has been tied to political shenanigans and the promotion of foreign mineral and oil interests does not act to destabilise governments they find unfriendly in the countries in which they operate?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Wow! thats a nice side step, so ehm...its okay for you than...I mean really talk about chavez, and lick the ass of the leader of Uzbekistan. I tell ya the hypocrites, you gotta marvel at their mental illness.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
said1

I would like to see you refute the Rev's arguments. You have done nothing but offer sarcastic little half line rejoinders. Where is your argument?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Chavez ... Human Righ

She doesn't have an argument, Juan, that's the point. Kind of like when she quoted my whole post, then quibbled because the links I provided didn't provide a direct answer to a single line of that post, which she referenced later.

It was attempt to substitute pedantry for substance.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Reverend Blair said:
In other words, they do but they do not make the statement directly.

Can you refute what I posted, Said? Are willing to try to make a cogent argument detailing how a religious organisation that has been tied to political shenanigans and the promotion of foreign mineral and oil interests does not act to destabilise governments they find unfriendly in the countries in which they operate?

You seem to be under the misguided assumption that I'm arguing, I am not. I wanted to see something that illustrated what you are saying.

On the other hand, if I were you and my position was based soely on assumption and inference, I would put it another way....."these groups have most likely been protected by corrupt leaders due to their ties to outside industry, which resulted in direct benefits TO previous leaders of say.....Venezuela" What we are seeing now is a scramble to pretect interests - which is probably closest to the truth..

Just as an aside ( and I'm not familiar with the topography of these regions) it would appear Chavez has plans for farming and plantations to be run by the indigenous people he gave land title back too. I hope we don't see another Rondonia.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
#juan said:
said1

I would like to see you refute the Rev's arguments. You have done nothing but offer sarcastic little half line rejoinders. Where is your argument?

What are talking about? Another misguided soldier with nothing to offer either.

Anyway, I'm not arguing anything, I asked a few questions instead of reading what appeared to be 10 pages of very boring material. I made one joke. Big whoop.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

So you asked for links because you didn't want to read them? I'd better go get a coffee then, because I want a beer.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
said 1

You made a joke? Bring it out so we can look at it. I don't feel like reading all the posts.... :roll:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Chavez ... Human Righ

Reverend Blair said:
So you asked for links because you didn't want to read them? I'd better go get a coffee then, because I want a beer.

Not 10 pages of unrelated material, no. Do you?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I often do sift through several pages of supposedly unrelated material. It's funny how often something extremely relevant is hidden in there.

I decided I wanted a coffee after all, so it's a good thing I opened this beer.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Chavez ... Human Righ

Reverend Blair said:
I often do sift through several pages of supposedly unrelated material. It's funny how often something extremely relevant is hidden in there.

I decided I wanted a coffee after all, so it's a good thing I opened this beer.

Hidden lottery numbers? :lol:

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Nascar_James said:
Latest off the press of USA Today ...

It's bad anough that Venezuelan president has committed Human Rights violations against his own citizens, he now also blaintly lied about the reason for wanting to expell the American Missionary Group..

K - its not true!!!
He is basing that on the rantings of some religious organisation that has been "tied to political shenanigans and the promotion of foreign mineral and oil interests" [who] act to destabilise governments they find unfriendly in the countries in which they operate. {As has been said, worth repeating.

Said1 said -
"as an aside it would appear Chavez has plans for farming and plantations to be run by the indigenous people he gave land title back too. I hope we don't see another Rondonia. "

Hey, its just a distraction to stick that in there isn't it? You do the work of the Elites without knowing it - just use their tactics and things go downhill from there.
Distraction is a favorite tactic of the Reptile Elites, here it is a distraction from the question
" Is Chavez benevolent or not? ".

Nothing he has done so far would suggest otherwise.
He has been good for the people, he is reforming, and sure, he is taking it to the Americans, and thats is THE ONLY PLACE CRITICS ARE COMING FROM. And USA media is only reporting the opposition and not the good stuff - so it is the USA who is looking like the bad guys here.

and we get baited into "whats Rondonia?" or accused of not reading his side of the issue. Ok, whats Rondonia?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
Well jaun, I think its because they want yet another country's natural resources, and they will try to obtain it with any methods possible...hypocrites!

that would be part of it. They.....*US-ERS* (how fitting) now really believe they can do whatever they want on this planet, and to whom they want. In their sick minds they already rule the earth...and the universe for that matter. Killing (warring) to get what they want is just in a days work. (particularly if someone stands up to them)

It might be an idea for the USERS to look at themselves and see what the rest of the world sees......... Human rights violators........, torturers,warmongers, killers, assassins, theives, con men , neglecting the poor and disadvantaged, and the biggest fecking liers on this planet. But they turn to their self righteous (religious) card when they are being called on their conduct........as if their "religion" can mask who they really are. When in reality the only "god" they worship is MONEY ,POWER , and CONTROL. Those are their "trinity"...

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Karlin said:
Nascar_James said:
Latest off the press of USA Today ...

It's bad anough that Venezuelan president has committed Human Rights violations against his own citizens, he now also blaintly lied about the reason for wanting to expell the American Missionary Group..

K - its not true!!!
He is basing that on the rantings of some religious organisation that has been "tied to political shenanigans and the promotion of foreign mineral and oil interests" [who] act to destabilise governments they find unfriendly in the countries in which they operate. {As has been said, worth repeating.

thats is THE ONLY PLACE CRITICS ARE COMING FROM.

Not true Karlin. Jose Kayupare and Domingo Gonzalez, spokesmen for the native people of Venezuela have publically denounced Chavez for abanonment and mistreatment. Who is Chavez to lie on behalf of the native people?

Jose Kayupare has said that the majority of indigenous people in Amazonas, Venezuala do not support Chavez's actions.

The most credible evidence of abuse or mistreatment comes from those who are directly affected as is the case here.

Looks like Chavez continues with the mistreatment of his own citizens ... nothing new there ...

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Karlin said:
Said1 said -
"as an aside it would appear Chavez has plans for farming and plantations to be run by the indigenous people he gave land title back too. I hope we don't see another Rondonia. "

Hey, its just a distraction to stick that in there isn't it? You do the work of the Elites without knowing it - just use their tactics and things go downhill from there.
Distraction is a favorite tactic of the Reptile Elites, here it is a distraction from the question
" Is Chavez benevolent or not? ".

Nothing he has done so far would suggest otherwise.
He has been good for the people, he is reforming, and sure, he is taking it to the Americans, and thats is THE ONLY PLACE CRITICS ARE COMING FROM. And USA media is only reporting the opposition and not the good stuff - so it is the USA who is looking like the bad guys here.

and we get baited into "whats Rondonia?" or accused of not reading his side of the issue. Ok, whats Rondonia?

What tactics....what work? :D

Anyway, Rondonia was part of a "rural developoment" plan to rid Rio de Jenaro (sp??) of it's slum dwellers. They were given land in the jungle for farming and ranching, which of course failed, and in turn created rural slums. I'm sure you can imagine the negative effects this had on the native people living in the area.

As I have already stated, I''m not familiar with the topogrpahy of the areas where land titles were returned to certain indigenous peoples. Farming and banana plantaions may be a profitable venture for the native people, it may not be, I don't really know at this point......that's why I said I "hope" it's not another Rondonia.

"But Chavez isn't draining his slums, he's giving the natives tractors!" you say.

I know, I'm hoping that switching from traditional agriculture methods that have maintained the areas natural ecosystems for long periods of time will not have the same results as it did in Brazil.

The Balanese government did something similar with rice production, replacing traditional methods based on Hindu water temple systems. The outcome was terrible and they wound up returning to tradtional methods of rice cultivation. New production methods were not sustainable in the long run.

I know it's off topic, that's why I added it as an aside.....kay?
[/i]