CFB Trenton Commander Charged with Murder

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Risus

The muredered women and their families along with the women who were assaulted and their families are victims - After that the wife of the murderer is a victim as well - I do not put any order or place listing for her - but she is a victim as well.

I can see there is no point arguing about this because you have obviously made your mind up, but what crime was perpetrated against her?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I can see there is no point arguing about this because you have obviously made your mind up, but what crime was perpetrated against her?

By your logic, the families of the dead are not victims either, because no crime was perpetrated against them.

In the general sense, our society sometimes uses the term 'victim of a crime' to refer to all of the innocent people who have suffered as a result of the crime; by this definition, the colonel's wife is likely a victim just as much as others who have suffered.

It's a slightly different meaning than the direct victim of hte crime, which would only apply to the dead person.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

She will not be belived when she says she knew nothing - she will be condemmned by friends and the public - That is what happens - this will follow her everywheres she goes - and no way in hell she can prove that she did not know -

But that is the way many people will look upon her - that she must have known or had suspicions or she is completely blind -

He is a physcopath and they do extremly well at hiding that side from everyone - Do you remember the BTK killer - look it up.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
When I see a crime like this where the murderer is a tall, good looking, intelligent man, I wonder what triggered this behavior. He had a successful career. He made full colonel at age 44. The next rank is brigadier general. Why was he attacking and killing young women?

The history with cases like this is that any raised level of trust such as with a promotion would have enhanced the criminals oportunity in perpetration of the habit.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Give me a break. A minor victim compared to the ones that are, well, dead, and their families that have to deal with that .

Yeah well, the wife commited no crime.

The dead are dead.......they feel nothing, there is no sense in feeling sympathy for their condition, only regret that it happened.

Now, the families of the victims.....so terrible.....I can't imagine losing one of my children.

But think of the wife.

Don't you think it actually would be easier for her if her husbnd was dead???

I do.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Yeah well, the wife commited no crime.

The dead are dead.......they feel nothing, there is no sense in feeling sympathy for their condition, only regret that it happened.

Now, the families of the victims.....so terrible.....I can't imagine losing one of my children.

But think of the wife.

Don't you think it actually would be easier for her if her husbnd was dead???

I do.

If the proper justice were to be carried out, he would be dead...

And no, at this point in time, I don't give a crap about the wife, only the families of the victims.
There has been far too much time spent on the pervert in the media (and here). He is getting the publicity that he wanted...

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
One need only look at Ted Bundy. Harvard Law School grad, handsome, intelligent, well respected in the community. Good looks and intelligence have nothing to do with it. If you are a serial killer...thats what you are.

I believe most serial killers are at least very intelligent as they get away with it for so long before they are caught.

Not to put too fine a point on it, Eagle, but Teddy dropped out of mostly every school, but did spend a lot of time at various universities.. No Harvard grad, though.
Ted Bundy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But he was too clever a devil by half, and managed to trip himself up as they pretty much all do, sooner or later. Teddy just started coming unglued and the Mr. Hyde could no longer hide.

The one that had "them" stumped for over a decade was the Green River killer, and he was no genius, just prolific.

Our colonel is just another sicko psychopath. Glad they got the bastard. People can hide well in high places.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One need only look at Ted Bundy. Harvard Law School grad, handsome, intelligent, well respected in the community. Good looks and intelligence have nothing to do with it. If you are a serial killer...thats what you are.

I believe most serial killers are at least very intelligent as they get away with it for so long before they are caught.

Yeah, I had forgotten about Ted Bundy He was electrocuted wasn't he? I couldn't remember if he was the one the other prisoners got to

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yeah, I had forgotten about Ted Bundy He was electrocuted wasn't he? I couldn't remember if he was the one the other prisoners got to

Yes T. Bundy met his date with Ol' Sparky.

That other guy that the prisoners got to was Jeffery Dhamer. He requested to be put in general population and was quickly dispatched by a fellow prisoner.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Risus, I'd like to hear one good reason for pretending a crime doesn't have further reaching consequences than just those to the immediate victims and their family.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yes T. Bundy met his date with Ol' Sparky.

That other guy that the prisoners got to was Jeffery Dhamer. He requested to be put in general population and was quickly dispatched by a fellow prisoner.

We have a guy in the system here who finished his twenty five year sentence about five years ago. Clifford Olsen can apply for parole every two years until he dies. I assume they won't let the bastard out.

Clifford Olson's Right to Parole Hearing Sparks Outrage

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Risus, I'd like to hear one good reason for pretending a crime doesn't have further reaching consequences than just those to the immediate victims and their family.

I didn't say that the crime didn't have further reaching consequences. I just said that at this point I didn't give a crap about his wife. She was the one living with the pervert. She must have known something was amiss.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I didn't say that the crime didn't have further reaching consequences. I just said that at this point I didn't give a crap about his wife. She was the one living with the pervert. She must have known something was amiss.

Not necessarily, no. A lot of these guys go totally unnoticed by friends and family.

And even if she felt something was 'amiss'... do you really think this is where her mind would have gone? I doubt it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I didn't say that the crime didn't have further reaching consequences. I just said that at this point I didn't give a crap about his wife. She was the one living with the pervert. She must have known something was amiss.[/quote]

As I mentioned earlier people would hold her to account - She must have known -

Then you would adhere to the following philosophy:

Guilt by association -

Sins of the Father passed onto to the Son to pay

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Whoa Whoa Whoa there Risus!

Everyone has their oddities........and sociopaths are expecially bright, and get part of their kick out of fooling people, outsmarting everyone around them. They are epecially good at appearing charming and sweet,

I doubt she ever dreamed....in her worst nightmare.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Here is why I think the Military should shoulder a lot of blame here.

1.) This man's rank afforded him vast levels of power. Having grown up in Trenton, hell I've met the guy (briefly) he is unto a tin god even in civilian circles (Trenton's lifeblood is the base). This is to be tempered with the fact that the screening he goes through is supposed to be immense. Things of this nature slipping by (and continuing to go 'unnoticed') means someone didn't do their damn job. Bringing me to..

2.) While the base commander can (and in known cases some others have) do something as frivalous as fly in a herc to another town to eat at his favourite restraunt and fly back), none of what he does is a mystery. There are people who's job it is to know what he's doing and what kind of danger he's in. The odds this could happen and no one be the wiser is rapidly approaching 0, especially as some of the people he raped were military. These things ARE reported and someone took a report that read "My Boss is a rapist" and put it through the shredder for the benefit of their own career.

This is one monster who did the acts, and an unknown number who enabled, covered for or looked the other way for this monster.

The wife is an enigma. Did she know? Was she a Homolka? Or is she another victim. If she didn't know (and he'd have no problem hiding things from her with his power and rank and the ability to end any discussion with 'its classified') I feel as bad for her as any of the families victims. What would you do if your spouse turned out to be a psycopath? How much would that mess you up?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Even the military can't get into someone's head to see what he/she is all about. How many background checks have been done on hockey coaches, foster parents, clergy people, pillars of the community etc. who have later been found to be monsters?