Canadian police may have entraped group

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: RE: Canadian police may have entraped group

ehrenc said:
EagleSmack said:
A lot of these folks can't believe that they would be targeted so they will do everything and say everything they can to sweep this under the rug.

After all the attempts to appease these muslims and say

"Hey... we're on your side. We're not like the US. We hate them too. We're nice. Please don't hurt us."

Well obviously it was all for not. Canada has been targeted and from what is being said they had enough materials to blow a lot of building up... Canadian buildings.

I think the issue is a lot more complicated than that. While it is easy to point fingers, there is really a growing debate of individual freedoms and the consequence of an individual freedom on a collective of people. In this case, I think it is easy to do a lot of finger pointing but at the same time, there is still so much to be learnt about international cultures because we have yet to fully understand one another and are responsible for the alienation of anyone in Canada. We are responsible for the hatred that is directed at us. However that being said, we cannot necessarily stand idly by while we may be threatened by those who do carry that hatred and anger. It is as usual for Canada and its history, a two-prong approach and a compromise. I'm in the process of reading an interesting book about Canadian Intelligence and it has a some stuff on home-grown terrorism which is quite intriguing...its called "Inside Canadian Intelligence"... and i think its oddly enough, a very timely read.

~ Ehren

A well thought post. However as long as the human race has earned the top spot on this planet we have been a warring race. We understand other cultures enough to know that some cultures will not tolerate people who are different. You can sit at the table and discuss this but some people are willing to kill and die for what they believe. So you can understand them but at times you are going to have to come to the conclusion that they must be fought. There is a cost for not only freedom but survival. These folks that were planning to kill Canadians do not care how much Canada has tried to distance themselves from the US. They viewed Canada as the enemy. Unfortunatly the swords have not been beaten into plow shares nor the spears to pruning sticks.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Your old sparring partner may be one of the next group of terrorists rounded up, so don't worry much about what he is. While I do not like the use of catch phrases like "The War On Terror", it is helpful for the average person who doesn't understand why we are in this battle. And, I'd believe in the muslim communities statements if there hadn't been a dozen previous terror groups arrested in Canada.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good post missle. The communities give lip service to these events only because they have to.

But even though they were planning on killing Canadians, hacking of the PM's head, blowing up the CN Tower... all in all they weren't bad guys. (See sarcasm)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
This is the part that worries me: 275 thousand of them in the Toronto area & if only 1% of them are potential terrorists,we've got our hands full.[And I'm guesssing that 5 to 10 % is closer to how many of these 5th columnists in our midst.]

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
aeon said:
fuflans said:
That's marvelous, thank you for the post. You do realize that I was talking about the people who were arrested in Toronto, don't you? Not 9-11 and not anthrax. You have provided ZERO evidence that the Conservatives may have faked this to scare us into doing what they want us to do. None. A tenuous link that may be simple coincidence is not 'proof'.

I don't have any evidence of this, but it happens, 3 month after harper took office, it happens when canadians are mostly against canadians troops in afganisthan, it happens, when people are screaming at the intelligence increased budget and seeing harper talking like americans leaders about how they hate our freedom, and stupidity like that,sorry but it make me think it doesnt smell credible.

The only thing that does not smell credible is you.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: RE: Canadian police may h

FiveParadox said:
Mogz said:
2. What religion are you?
First and foremost, I find the comments by aeon to be quite disconcerting, to say the least. However, if you are considering any sort of insults or ostracization of that member due to his religion, then I would urge caution in how you choose to proceed with your line of questioning. I would remind members that we should not be attacking each other, but rather our varying arguments.

Sorry, Five, but in this case, I will strongly disagree with you. It is purely rational to attack Aeon personally over his comments, and quite frankly, I think that posting what amounts to treason is a very good reason for banning this individual. He is not disagreeing with members, he is supporting actions which directly affect Canada and Canadians, and supports their efforts to kill Canadian soldiers. That, to me, goes beyond freedom of speech. Sorry, but in this case, I think you need to think again about what you said.