Canada’s cost in Afghanistan!

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
Re: RE: Canada’s cost in Afgh

Em said:
elevennevele said:
So is it 4 billion dollars? Did I hear correctly that it has cost Canada 4 billion dollars to date for our involvement in Afghanistan?

I wonder what actual good we could do in the world let alone at home with 4 billion dollars. Are we really getting worth for our dollars? We seem quite selective with our “marching for freedom” while a genocide in Africa takes place. Not to mention children starving in the poor countries. Are we really getting worth for our dollars?

You could compare it to a home project ... right now Canada is repairing and renovating one area, lets say I dunno, a bedroom. Do you want to stop half-way through and leave it unfinished so you can start on the bathroom? No, you complete the bedroom first, THEN do the bathroom silly. That's where we're at. (IMO).

And yes, Alberta is the greatest place on Earth. GO OILERS!!! :D

nope it's not that way. Canada is not a perfect country to help everyone who is in need. Canada went to Afghanistan to get some benifits. US went to Iraq because there is a benifit. If there is nothing that yields, canada won't go there.

Ask yourself, why Canada is not "liberating" north koreans? Maybe because the cost would be more than profit.

That's how it goes. As any normal individual governement also foresees the cost and profits. If there were no economical and financial profit Canada would never join coalition forces.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Mogz said:
Hey Monz I don't care how much you love Bush and Harper, it is fact that many soldier come back from combat all *censored* up and after they are no longer useable they are left to pick up the pieces.
If you think that as we speak there are no soldiers that wish they had never joint the forces because of the way their lives have turned out, you are dreaming. War sucks and in this war Canada will lose together with the Americans. 60 wars on the planet Canada dose not have the means to fight on all the conflict on the surface of our planet. We have problems here at home but all the brownnosers that support this war are hypocrites they will clean up the mess in the world while their home needs savvier fixing. Harper is a brown nose to Bush like it or not. Harper hates the media and Afghanistan will be Harpers Black eye.

I have never said I loved Bush, or for that matter Harper. It's funny how in a Conversation regarding the CANADIAN ARMY Bush somehow or other gets drawn in to it. Also i'd like to take the time to point out that you never did answer my question as to why you always refer to this war as Harpers, regardless of the fact that the Liberals started us out in Afghanistan? Now back to the issue at hand, with regard to soldiers coming home "all f.cuked up" as you so eloquently put it. We don't deem our men "no longer useful". In fact Sgt. Lorne Ford, who lost an eye in 2002, was considered no longer capable of serving as an Infanteer, however a job was found for him at the Canadian Forces Parachute School in Trenton as an instructor. MCpl Paul Franklin who lost both his legs in 2006, has been offered a job as a medical instructor at the Canadian Forces Medical School in Borden. You don't even have a clue as to how well we treat our men and women who come home wounded. Maybe in the past we never did, but these days, our treatment of them is first rate. Once again, someone who has no concept of the military, is trying to argue a point with someone who's knee-deep in the military life. I'm just saying. Anyway the rest of your post is, well, tired, so i'll just leave it at this. You know nothing of Afghanistan, nothing of the military, and nothing of the way this nation defends itself. In short, on this issue, your opinion is utterly uneducated.

First of all it's Mogz, and second of all I doubt he cares how much you love the Taliban either.

Nope, I really don't ;)

P.S. Answser my question Socrates, how is this Harpers War, when we invaded Afghanistan in 2001 under the Liberal Party of Canada?

Hey my dear friend Monz, just because the Liberals indorsed the Afghani war it doesn’t mean that the Liberals were correct in doing so. War sucks.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Re: DU cost in Afghanistan - bad sperm

Lineman said:
DU is an extremely weak radioactive material that has never been implicated in lung cancer in human populations. Individuals who inhaled DU that remains in the lungs (insoluble fraction) from exposures during Persian Gulf service should not be concerned that there may harbor a serious threat to life. The literature suggests that there may be an increased risk of cancer among individuals exposed to enriched uranium, but that compound is orders of magnitude more radioactive than DU. Even exposure to natural uranium, with a radioactivity more than DU, is not considered to be a health threat. The lung cancer reported in uranium miners has been scientifically attributed to exposure to another airborne substance, namely radon

and so on and so on...

Thanks for the link that debunks your own drivel...

Dr. Rosalie Bertell:

With its 1991 war on Iraq the U.S., for the first time in history, began using depleted uranium munitions. It has since used large amounts of DU weaponry in the former Yugoslavia, Iraq and Afghanistan. The contamination from depleted uranium remains deadly for hundreds of thousands of years. Dr. Rosalie Bertell states in her Update on Depleted Uranium and Gulf War Syndrome, the use of DU in war is a “a clear violation of the Geneva Protocol on the Use of Gas in War.” She writes: “DU generates a poison gas, known commonly as a metal fume, which is highly toxic when inhaled. It can also be classed as a radiological weapon of indiscriminate destruction which does not respect national boundaries, and which persists long after a conflict is over.” The effect of DU on both Afghan citizens and returning Canadian and American soldiers has been almost completely ignored.

http://www.peace.ca/depleteduranium.htm

This was actually used for the first time by the Russians in Afghanistan but on a very small scale. The first time used on a very large scale was in Iraq in Gulf War and it was used extensively by the US and the UK. According to the Pentagon 400,000 American veterans were exposed to this depleted uranium aerosol in the Gulf War. About 200,000 of these men and women have sought medical care since the war and about 115,000 have been diagnosed as having Gulf War Syndrome. Now one would think in the United States of America given this new weapon and this massive exposure and these sick veterans that they would have tested the veterans for Depleted Uranium.

I was in Washington DC 10 days ago and I found that not one American veteran had been tested for Depleted Uranium in the 9 years since Iraq war. We actually have tested some of the veterans here in Canada and we have found Depleted Uranium in their urine at quite a high level and remember this is 9 years after their exposure which means that the amount that they are now excreting is nothing compared to what the original dose was.

There has been quite a dispute, which some of you may know, since the war is on in Kosovo whether or not Depleted Uranium ammunition was being used. In a sense this adds to the problem but you should know that every Cruise missile contains Depleted Uranium ballast and when that missile impacts that ballast is again aerosolized into very small particles of uranium glass that can be breathed in and it will stay in body 10 years or more and it keeps irradiating the tissue around it wherever it is in the body!!

Canada has been an international leader against land mines but this depleted uranium is worse than land mines and it will stay around for thousands of years after the war is over. It is incorporated into the farm land; it can be picked up by the vegetables; the schrapnel can be handled by children ; it stays around ; it doesn't disappear; and because it's an aerosol it can travel as much as 50 - 60 km from the point of release.

Dr. Rosalie Bertell is one of the world's leading authorities on health effects of low level radiation. For a decade she worked for the US National Cancer Institute and for 30 years has been in the forefront of research on the effects of low level radiation on human health. In 1984 she founded the International Institute of Concern for Public Health in Toronto.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Socrates the Greek said:
Johnny Utah said:
Socrates the Greek said:
Dead soldiers in body bags are coming back home more frequent then originally thought!

Retired soldiers end up with mental trauma, loss of arms, or legs, or on a wheal chair, and a minisqual pention to help them pick up the pices, when they come back home!

Canada has a soldier reproduction problem; more soldiers are retiring than soldiers being recruited, which make the deployment of troops to fight stupid wars very costly and unjustified. To use up men and women as if they are disregard-able items is sad, it is clear that the intellect Harper is embracing is similar to his mentor Bush who is at an all time low in the polls of some 30%.
Two additional years in Afghanistan will destroy our Canadian soldier’s families in order to help Bush with a stupidly justified war. Afghanistan will be one of Harpers black eyes during his short term as PM.
It's close minded people like you who will hurt the moral of Canadian Soldiers and their families back home with you're attitude. You don't think people like you with you're Anti-Afghanistan Mission statements don't have an impact on the Soldiers serving and their families? They need support not a bunch of Bloody Belly Aching..

Ye, they need support, what do you do Johnny do you go to the widow wife’s and offer them support on regular basis? How do you comfort these people who have lost their sons, daughters, husbands, what do you do to help these people, seating on the fence telling me I don’t know what is good for me doesn’t help the drama in these peoples world. Wake up Johnny this life is stupid when you sit there and talk with 30 year old ideology about war and games. The world is so badly screwed up and angry to day Harper or Bush has the whole idea wrong. History has shown aggression is quicker than diplomacy and negotiation, which has become the incubator of hate and distraction.

Diplomacy often is placed in the back burner and hypocrisy is governing the way. The perfect analogy, the drunk verses the person who doesn’t drink and drive. The drunk in this instance is the power hungry politicians who think they will drive drunk and win, the same with the power hungry politicians who think they will rule come peace or war. That is the fuel that causes the enemy to take the war all over the planet. Imperialistic thinking is required in order for Capitalism to work. History has shown that Capitalism doesn’t give a rat’s ass about poverty and that Johnny is the fuel of international terrorism. Greed will eventually deliver a knock out on Capitalism, and the world will never be the same.
And Johnny let me tell you my difficult friend Socrates is more informed than you think.
Typical Liberal comeback "What are you doing" I am supporting the men & women of the Canadian Military in Afghanistan. They have my full support and that's all I can do. I don't do what you're doing cutting them down and their Mission every chance you get because you would rather make statements of how their not useable anymore if they lose a limb while serving their country or how the Mission is about Captialism, Imperalism, Harper kissing Bush's Ass. You just want to attack them and their Mission over and over while trying to make it seem you care about their well being, I say :bs: just reading you're previous posts proves that..

You can take all you're Captialism, Imperalism theories, Bush bashing and shove it because it doesn't have anything to do with Canada's Mission in Afghanistan not a Bloody Thing! You're the hypocrite trying to hide you're clear bashing of the Canadian Military being in Afghanistan..

Socrates you're selfish because you would rather have Canada abandon the people of Afghanistan to the Taliban so they may again start executing women in the Soccer Stadium..

Thankfully you don't represent the men & women serving in Afghanistan right now who care enough about the people of Afghanistan to risk their lives and sacrifice helping them build a better life. They are Heroes!

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
The 7 killed in Afghanistan by non-hostile circumstances could have easily been killed whilst training in Canada. The CF loses dozens of soldiers killed or wounded each year in training exercises. We've had guys run over and killed by tanks, blow up by grenades, shot by machine guns, guys who've fell while rappeling, guys who've drowned while parachuting in to a lake. I'm not trying to say that the deaths of the lads killed non-hostily are all less significant than the boys who were, however I am saying that their deaths should not be a benchmark as to how the mission is going. Their deaths were accidents that could have happened anywhere.

Now that is scary. I hope I am not one of the fatalities.

As an NDP supporter but also a member of the DND here is a little fact about Afghanistan

Fact under the Taliban women, children, girls, other minorities religious and otherwise were abused, discriminated and had not one single right under the strict religious teachings of Islam that the Taliban subscribed too.

Second, it is unknown but hundreds to countless thousands of women, men and children were killed under the Taliban rule, not because of combat but because they broke a law so they were taken to the nearest stadium, soccer, and had their heads filled with a little metalic object that is called a bullet.

Thirdly, Life under the Taliban was hell, as life under Soviet occupation. However, in Kandarhar right now life is trying to succeed like was achieved in Kabul and out in the West. The West of the country and the North are relatively safe and it is now the south's turn.

However, and this is where my NDP side comes in,

- what about the opium trade, it has nowe skyrocketed under the U.S and Afghan government.

- Even though there is improvement in Kabul they still get only several hours a day of light and public services are still far down on the spectrum.

- As well as other issues like why isn't NATO in the lead now.

I think the cost of Afghanistan is worth it and it should be increased. But only if it is to improve the lives of the Afghani people so terror does not return. Because if the internationals leave one day, the day after Al Qaida is defeated I will be very disappointed.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Hey my dear friend Monz, just because the Liberals indorsed the Afghani war it doesn’t mean that the Liberals were correct in doing so. War sucks.

I never said the Liberals were correct, nor did I say they were wrong. You did manage to circumvent my question however. How does the ramifications of the War in Afghanistan fall on Harper soley? That said, War does "suck", I agree, however I myself have come to terms with the fact that while War is a horrible thing, sometimes there is no avoiding it. Whether it be proactive or reactive, warfare is a part of a human existence.

If there were no economical and financial profit Canada would never join coalition forces.

Haiti?
The Former Yugoslavia?
East Timor?
Eritrea?
Somalia?

Where was the economical or financial gain for Canada in those conflicts?

As for your stance Jersay, all good points. However you must look at the dynamics of a warzone to better answer them.

what about the opium trade, it has nowe skyrocketed under the U.S and Afghan government.

The same thing happened in The Former Yugoslaiva. When war broke out and NATO entered the region, gun-running and drug trafficing went up considerably. When you have an unstable region, unstabe acts tend to take place. What the media doesn't get across is that the coalition works very hard to destroy opium crops, and get the farmers planting grains and the like. Sadly, every region in Afghanistan is not secure, there are parts of the nation that the coalition rarely enters, as a result, illegal acts flourish. We're working on it.

- Even though there is improvement in Kabul they still get only several hours a day of light and public services are still far down on the spectrum.

This is misleading. Yes Kabul has power and public service issues, however the whole city isn't plauged by them. Regions of the capital often experience "brown outs" and "black outs" due to overloaded power grids. Water is still an issue as the water purification facilites are sub-par to non-existent. We are trying out best to help them, in fact Canada has loaned our 50KW generators to the KPF to scatter around the city to assist the power situation. Sadly, right now however, our resources are tied up in winning the War. There's a saying we have in the Army "win the fire fight first". It holds true in Afghanistan, we cannot try to wage war, and build up social programs at the same time. If we do, the power station we build on Monday, will be bombed by the people we're fighting on Wednesday. Until the region is secure, we cannot deviate from our combat objectives.

As well as other issues like why isn't NATO in the lead now.

Very simple, NATO members have mixed feelings towards Afghanistan. Some nations want to defend the safe Provinces, others want to make the lawless ones safe. Those are two different veins of thought, and currently there are two seperate Operations ongoing in Afghanistan. You have ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) in the North, and the Multinational Coalition in the South. In essence, both forces are made up of largely NATO nations. In the near future, the plan is to amalgamate the two Forces in to a yet un-named force. Regardless of the spin you put on it, both Forces are working towards the same cause, however for logistical and command purposes, they remain segregated. It's all about Command and Control, just like in the Balkans, we had KFOR and SFOR, in Afghanistan we have ISAF and the MNC.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Mogzy you should consider writing a book about all this stuff. You've got it under wraps IMO.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:
Fact under the Taliban women, children, girls, other minorities religious and otherwise were abused, discriminated and had not one single right under the strict religious teachings of Islam that the Taliban subscribed too.

Second, it is unknown but hundreds to countless thousands of women, men and children were killed under the Taliban rule, not because of combat but because they broke a law so they were taken to the nearest stadium, soccer, and had their heads filled with a little metalic object that is called a bullet.

Thirdly, Life under the Taliban was hell, as life under Soviet occupation. However, in Kandarhar right now life is trying to succeed like was achieved in Kabul and out in the West. The West of the country and the North are relatively safe and it is now the south's turn.

This was life for women under the Taliban. What more proof does anyone need to know the Mission is worth the cost to prevent this from ever happening again in Afghanistan?

Now Afghanistan has a real chance, for Canadians to say it's not worth it need to look at that picture and ask themselves if they truly can say they don't care if Afghanistan goes back to the rule of the Taliban where women would be publicly executed once again..

They also need to watch CNN's Beneath the Veil, it gave the World a look into life under the Taliban before they were driven from power..

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/presents/index.veil.html

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Eh I don't know everything, I am proven wrong from time to time. There are also some gray areas for me with regard to certain issues. By and large though I guess I do have it under "wraps", but I chalk that up to both having grown up around the military my entire life and spending time in the warzone of discussion. :)

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Re: RE: Canada’s cost in Afghanistan!

Jay said:
Mogzy you should consider writing a book about all this stuff. You've got it under wraps IMO.

he's got something under wraps now, doesn't he?

ISAF and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), will continue to have separate mandates and separate missions. ISAF will conduct to focus on its stabilization and security mission whilst OEF will continue to carry out its counter-terrorism mission. Clear command arrangements will coordinate, and where necessary deconflict efforts within the two missions as agreed under the auspices of the operational plan.

but I suppose as long as you get to point and shoot it doesn't matter who's giving the orders or what the orders are.

bang bang :happy1:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Johnny Utah said:
Socrates the Greek said:
Johnny Utah said:
Socrates the Greek said:
Dead soldiers in body bags are coming back home more frequent then originally thought!

Retired soldiers end up with mental trauma, loss of arms, or legs, or on a wheal chair, and a minisqual pention to help them pick up the pices, when they come back home!

Canada has a soldier reproduction problem; more soldiers are retiring than soldiers being recruited, which make the deployment of troops to fight stupid wars very costly and unjustified. To use up men and women as if they are disregard-able items is sad, it is clear that the intellect Harper is embracing is similar to his mentor Bush who is at an all time low in the polls of some 30%.
Two additional years in Afghanistan will destroy our Canadian soldier’s families in order to help Bush with a stupidly justified war. Afghanistan will be one of Harpers black eyes during his short term as PM.
It's close minded people like you who will hurt the moral of Canadian Soldiers and their families back home with you're attitude. You don't think people like you with you're Anti-Afghanistan Mission statements don't have an impact on the Soldiers serving and their families? They need support not a bunch of Bloody Belly Aching..

Ye, they need support, what do you do Johnny do you go to the widow wife’s and offer them support on regular basis? How do you comfort these people who have lost their sons, daughters, husbands, what do you do to help these people, seating on the fence telling me I don’t know what is good for me doesn’t help the drama in these peoples world. Wake up Johnny this life is stupid when you sit there and talk with 30 year old ideology about war and games. The world is so badly screwed up and angry to day Harper or Bush has the whole idea wrong. History has shown aggression is quicker than diplomacy and negotiation, which has become the incubator of hate and distraction.

Diplomacy often is placed in the back burner and hypocrisy is governing the way. The perfect analogy, the drunk verses the person who doesn’t drink and drive. The drunk in this instance is the power hungry politicians who think they will drive drunk and win, the same with the power hungry politicians who think they will rule come peace or war. That is the fuel that causes the enemy to take the war all over the planet. Imperialistic thinking is required in order for Capitalism to work. History has shown that Capitalism doesn’t give a rat’s ass about poverty and that Johnny is the fuel of international terrorism. Greed will eventually deliver a knock out on Capitalism, and the world will never be the same.
And Johnny let me tell you my difficult friend Socrates is more informed than you think.
Typical Liberal comeback "What are you doing" I am supporting the men & women of the Canadian Military in Afghanistan. They have my full support and that's all I can do. I don't do what you're doing cutting them down and their Mission every chance you get because you would rather make statements of how their not useable anymore if they lose a limb while serving their country or how the Mission is about Captialism, Imperalism, Harper kissing Bush's Ass. You just want to attack them and their Mission over and over while trying to make it seem you care about their well being, I say :bs: just reading you're previous posts proves that..

You can take all you're Captialism, Imperalism theories, Bush bashing and shove it because it doesn't have anything to do with Canada's Mission in Afghanistan not a Bloody Thing! You're the hypocrite trying to hide you're clear bashing of the Canadian Military being in Afghanistan..

Socrates you're selfish because you would rather have Canada abandon the people of Afghanistan to the Taliban so they may again start executing women in the Soccer Stadium..

Thankfully you don't represent the men & women serving in Afghanistan right now who care enough about the people of Afghanistan to risk their lives and sacrifice helping them build a better life. They are Heroes!

Hey Johnny I never on my posts have denigrated the service our troops are involved in. Verbally supporting the troops is good, but the proof in the putting is this, are you putting out any real sweat?
Johnny I love your big hart, what about 60 other wars on the planet today, Canada has a limited number of reserves, why don’t you open your big hart and get involved around the globe, and tell me if you have enough soldiers to waist. And as far as reusable soldiers, pay attention to what I am saying on my posts. The Viet num war was the classic example were soldiers came back addicted on heroin, came back on wheal chairs, missing legs and arms, what do you think these soldiers got executive jobs when they came back, no they did not, they were given a miniscule pension and they were give a phone number of a shrink to talk to them if the soldiers would be faced with panic attacks. Johnny you and all other war lovers are a minority, 65% of Canadians realise the magnitude of this stupid useless war and they want the troops to come back.

Just wait and see in the next two years the body bags will be coming back on a regular basis, which is not what I want, that is what will take place. Bush by then will be long gone so will be idiot Harper. And you know what Johnny N. Korea has many daily atrocities that are taking place killing innocent people, what are you going to do there Johnny, what, shout your mouth off? And didn’t know what is good for you? There is many like you and Harper, the question is, do you understand that Canada is not able to correct the 60 wars on the face of the planet? And if you think that Canada and the US could tackle such task let me tell you man you are smoking the wrong shit. Get your head out of your ass war shuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
But Mogz, with the illegal trade of opium. Getting them to plant wheat, and other plants is all well and good. But unless they are getting funding from the government, opium is more lucrative. So I am glad eradicating is occuring in areas, but sometimes eradication occurs one year, and then the next when the government doesn't follow up with aid if they have a bad crop, opium will be planted again.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

dekhqonbacha said:
elevennevele said:
So is it 4 billion dollars? Did I hear correctly that it has cost Canada 4 billion dollars to date for our involvement in Afghanistan?

Are we really getting worth for our dollars?

I found only about 2bln. Quite a large difference.

It's good for canadian economy. It's called governent expenditure.

On CTV news I'm sure they said 4 billion, but don't quote me on that.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
It is 4.1 billion dollars so far since 2001. And I think we need to spend more in aid, in development, and in military equipment to our troops and training of the Afghani police and soldiers.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Socrates the Greek said:

Hey Johnny I never on my posts have denigrated the service our troops are involved in. Verbally supporting the troops is good, but the proof in the putting is this, are you putting out any real sweat?
Johnny I love your big hart, what about 60 other wars on the planet today, Canada has a limited number of reserves, why don’t you open your big hart and get involved around the globe, and tell me if you have enough soldiers to waist. And as far as reusable soldiers, pay attention to what I am saying on my posts. The Viet num war was the classic example were soldiers came back addicted on heroin, came back on wheal chairs, missing legs and arms, what do you think these soldiers got executive jobs when they came back, no they did not, they were given a miniscule pension and they were give a phone number of a shrink to talk to them if the soldiers would be faced with panic attacks. Johnny you and all other war lovers are a minority, 65% of Canadians realise the magnitude of this stupid useless war and they want the troops to come back.

Just wait and see in the next two years the body bags will be coming back on a regular basis, which is not what I want, that is what will take place. Bush by then will be long gone so will be idiot Harper. And you know what Johnny N. Korea has many daily atrocities that are taking place killing innocent people, what are you going to do there Johnny, what, shout your mouth off? And didn’t know what is good for you? There is many like you and Harper, the question is, do you understand that Canada is not able to correct the 60 wars on the face of the planet? And if you think that Canada and the US could tackle such task let me tell you man you are smoking the wrong shit. Get your head out of your ass war shuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
First, you did start a thread where you said Soldiers who returned are no longer useable because of the Injuries they suffered..

Second, You're post makes no sense.. :?
What does N.Korea have to do with Canada being in Afghanistan? What are these 60 other Wars you claim? Do you have a link? The only other War I know of is the Iraq War.

So 65% of Canadians believe the War in Afghanistan is wrong? Where's a link to backup that statement up? :roll:

You sure seem to want body bags of Canadians to come home from Afghanistan, that's sick and Ghoulish.. :evil:

You can go on about the other problems in the World all you like, hell knock yourself out. That means nothing because Canada is in Afghanistan and that's all that matters right now. Perhaps other Countries should start picking up some of the slack rather then always running to Canada and the United States to solve the World's problems..

I think you're main problem is you're nothing more then a sore loser Liberal who doesn't want Afghanistan to succeed because the Mission is now under a Conservative Government rather then a Liberal one..

I also like how you dodged my question it went something like this "Would you rather have Afghanistan under control of the Taliban again where they would be publicly executing Women as they did before they were driven from Power?"

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Johnny Utah said:
Socrates the Greek said:

First, you did start a thread where you said Soldiers who returned are no longer useable because of the Injuries they suffered..

Second, You're post makes no sense.. :?
What does N.Korea have to do with Canada being in Afghanistan? What are these 60 other Wars you claim? Do you have a link? The only other War I know of is the Iraq War.

So 65% of Canadians believe the War in Afghanistan is wrong? Where's a link to backup that statement up? :roll:

You sure seem to want body bags of Canadians to come home from Afghanistan, that's sick and Ghoulish.. :evil:

You can go on about the other problems in the World all you like, hell knock yourself out. That means nothing because Canada is in Afghanistan and that's all that matters right now. Perhaps other Countries should start picking up some of the slack rather then always running to Canada and the United States to solve the World's problems..

I think you're main problem is you're nothing more then a sore loser Liberal who doesn't want Afghanistan to succeed because the Mission is now under a Conservative Government rather then a Liberal one..

I also like how you dodged my question it went something like this "Would you rather have Afghanistan under control of the Taliban again where they would be publicly executing Women as they did before they were driven from Power?"

Hey Johnny, I am not out to convince you that war sucks, if you are so devoted to insure law and order around the world, you have to look at the world in a whole, in North Korea there is as we speak executions of innocent people by goof Kim Jung that never go in to the public eye, why didn’t you open your hart to help these desuetude people in North Korea, you know why? Because your ass will be grass with out the imperial machine next to you. Almost the analogy of the small guy that speaks like a big guy only when his big friend is next to him. Come on man wake up it looks bad on all of you Neo Cons kissing Bushes ass. It’s so bad it smells. War sucks, like it or not if you can not answer my Korea example Johnny buddy, you are hanging around and voting for the wrong group, wake up Johnny the world is not about delusional thinking. Wars that do not belong to you are delusional wars, and that Johnny my good man makes you look bad and confused as to the reason peace must prevail.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Socrates the Greek said:
Hey Johnny, I am not out to convince you that war sucks, if you are so devoted to insure law and order around the world, you have to look at the world in a whole, in North Korea there is as we speak executions of innocent people by goof Kim Jung that never go in to the public eye, why didn’t you open your hart to help these desuetude people in North Korea, you know why? Because your ass will be grass with out the imperial machine next to you. Almost the analogy of the small guy that speaks like a big guy only when his big friend is next to him. Come on man wake up it looks bad on all of you Neo Cons kissing Bushes ass. It’s so bad it smells. War sucks, like it or not if you can not answer my Korea example Johnny buddy, you are hanging around and voting for the wrong group, wake up Johnny the world is not about delusional thinking. Wars that do not belong to you are delusional wars, and that Johnny my good man makes you look bad and confused as to the reason peace must prevail.
Bloody Hell you're more smug then Clooney!
Yeah North Korea is bad, duh! But Canada can't even begin to make a difference there as we are committed to Afghanistan so there's other routes Canada will have to take as we can't simply abandon one country for another such as with Darfur..

My Ass Will be Grass? Wow listen to the tuff guy.. :lol:

Canada is not in Afghanistan because of Bush, so stop using we are there because us neocons are kissing Bush's Ass it makes you look like a fool everytime you say that..

Canada is in Afghanistan because of 9/11 as Canadians were killed also or did you forget that? You have made it clear you don't give a dam about the Afghanis because you would rather have the Taliban in control publicly executing women because you're selfish!

You hate Canada being in Afghanistan because the United States is there with the rest of NATO, you also hate it because the Liberals are no longer calling the shots so you come up with "It's Harper's War" :bs:

Where's you're links that say 65% percent of Canadians are against the Mission? There are no links are there? It's nothing more then more :bs: coming from you
Pwned! Keep Meltingdown "SO-CRAAAAAATES!!!!!"

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Johnny Utah said:
Socrates the Greek said:
Bloody Hell you're more smug then Clooney!
Yeah North Korea is bad, duh! But Canada can't even begin to make a difference there as we are committed to Afghanistan so there's other routes Canada will have to take as we can't simply abandon one country for another such as with Darfur..

My Ass Will be Grass? Wow listen to the tuff guy.. :lol:

Canada is not in Afghanistan because of Bush, so stop using we are there because us neocons are kissing Bush's Ass it makes you look like a fool everytime you say that..

Canada is in Afghanistan because of 9/11 as Canadians were killed also or did you forget that? You have made it clear you don't give a dam about the Afghanis because you would rather have the Taliban in control publicly executing women because you're selfish!

You hate Canada being in Afghanistan because the United States is there with the rest of NATO, you also hate it because the Liberals are no longer calling the shots so you come up with "It's Harper's War" :bs:

Where's you're links that say 65% percent of Canadians are against the Mission? There are no links are there? It's nothing more then more :bs: coming from you
Pwned! Keep Meltingdown "SO-CRAAAAAATES!!!!!"

Johnny war sucks, it doesn’t matter what side of the fence you are on, war sucks, and can you honestly believe that Canada is in Afghanistan because of NATO? If the Americans were not in Afghanistan Canada would be staying home, wake up Johnny humanity doesn’t have to kill each other, in order to set things straight. Do the research it is 65% of the Canadian people want the troops to come home, Bush’s popularity is plunging lower than expected, and truth is Harper in on the same path, Johnny in spite of the fact that you don’t like fence sitters like me you have the right to your opinion, and I know I am right, war sucks Johnny!!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Re: RE: Canada’s cost in Afghanistan!

annabattler said:
It seems to me that the insurgents in Afghanistan have a much easier "recruitment" policy than we do with our armed forces. The taliban and their ilk have millions of disatisfied young men to draw from...young men,with a religious fervor, and quite willing to give their lives for their "cause".Afghani borders are very porous,as they are in Iraq,as Bush has discovered.
For us to pretend that our presence there can begin to undo the centuries of conflict,invasion and corruption is to be naive.

well said annabattler!!!!

War shucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
missile said:
As of today, the body count has reached 17..16 soldiers and 1 diplomat. Our only female Capt. bit the proverbial dust this A.M. :(

Good morning missile in the next 2 years I hope it would not happen but the war in Afghanistan is not about to slow down, it will get uglier yet and I don’t want to speculate how many Canadian men and women will loose their life’s over a war that will prove to be stupid like Viet man was. Shame to any one who thinks war is the answer to fight poverty.