Canada’s cost in Afghanistan!

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Re: RE: Canada’s cost in Afgh

EastSideScotian said:
Socrates...Id fight for your peace...even though I find your posts less than deserving of a Country with people willing to the dirty work for you. Clearly the Freedom you have isnt worth defending untill your freedom is directly effected...Iam sorry you feel that way, because ill fight for your freedom, ill fight for people in Afghanistans freedom, hell ill go to the depth of africa and fight for their freedom. Because as a Canadian I beleave Freedom is something evryone has right too, not just in Canada. And givent he means to do so we should fight for freedom for evryone.

People can fight for 'freedom' in their own way. There is nothing less noble in doing so. However, there is something less noble in condemning a person who advocates 'peace' by way of more peaceful action.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Re: RE: Canada’s cost in Afgh

elevennevele said:
EastSideScotian said:
Socrates...Id fight for your peace...even though I find your posts less than deserving of a Country with people willing to the dirty work for you. Clearly the Freedom you have isnt worth defending untill your freedom is directly effected...Iam sorry you feel that way, because ill fight for your freedom, ill fight for people in Afghanistans freedom, hell ill go to the depth of africa and fight for their freedom. Because as a Canadian I beleave Freedom is something evryone has right too, not just in Canada. And givent he means to do so we should fight for freedom for evryone.

People can fight for 'freedom' in their own way. There is nothing less noble in doing so. However, there is something less noble in condemning a person who advocates 'peace' by way of more peaceful action.

I do agree with advocating for peace "peaceful" ways, there should always be great efforts made to attempt to negotiate peace. My point I am trying to make with SOC is there are people who will not talk, who negotiate with murder, who use their dominated populace to maintain their own power, and those that twist religion, any relgion, to become a means to manipulate and sow fear. These people cannot be negotiated with and must be removed forcefully.
Canadians consider themselves as fair, tolerent, and equals on this earth. We live good lives and can express ourselves in almost any manner we chose. We did not suddenly wake up this way. Our predessesors fought many a verbal and physical battle to ensure we and others have what we now enjoy. We must continue what they started regardless of whether it is here or beyond our shores. High ideals are not maintained with inaction and excuses.

Babayaaga

Jun 16, 2006
There is too much evidence presented that creates (in my opinion) reasonable doubt as to whether the United States "War on Terror" is in fact just this.

This evidence creates enough doubt in those exposed to it to question whether the Middle East was even responsible for 9/11. This evidence could very well suggest that it was a political manipulation of the people of the USA and the world to justify their "War for Power", namely, to obtain control of profitable fossil fuels that proliferate throughout the Middle East.

This is not to say there wasn't evil in the Middle East. However, I would have to say there is just as much evil taking place throughout communities of any country in the world. Gang wars, and the rising levels of glorification of this lifestyle by the media through music, movies and games alone should underline how just about the whole world has people problems.

What gives the USA or their allies the right to judge when there is just as much crap in their own yards?

What you need to consider here is motive. Sure, the middle east have some motive to do something like 9/11, but, consider also only a decade earlier that the USA were percieved as Heroes to these same people for helping them defend themselves against other worldly evils. However, with depleting fuel resources and the USA being one of the worlds largest consumers of same, with people who are accostomed to very high standards of living... motive to control such wealth to me suggests greater motive, and it sure wouldn't be the first time that a power-hungry governing body sacrificed its' own people for the sake of personal gains.

There is evidence presented for both arguments here. It is up to us to be our own judges, because the rest of the world so far has not put the issue on a global trial... yet.

I say "yet", because this trial seems to be getting judgement based on which side each country takes in the argument. Who will support the middle east, versus who will support the USA. Eventually, this could lead to the next World War, as more countries get involved in this "War on Terror". Is that what people really want?

That brings me to my final point about Canada. Whether we know it or not, we have just chosen a "side" in this War, and we have involved ourselves. Do I, as a Canadian want anything to do with War... especially one that could escalate into a War over Power?

My answer to that is no. I would rather we spend these resources on developing and implementing alternative fuel sources so that fossil fuels are no longer an issue for Canadians. Let the United States have their precious oil at the cost of human lives in USA and the Middle East. Let us keep our husbands and sons and prosper peacefully while not polluting the earth.

Lastly, for the first time in decades Canada's economy is truly thriving. We have seen what War has done to the US economy, and I have to question why we put our own prosperity at stake getting involved in a costly War? I support ideas like helping Afganistan build an irrigation system and help give them the tools necessary to build peaceful prosperous lives for themselves, but I do not support the purchase of munitions for our troops to destroy. Ultimately they are people just like we are. It doesn't matter what religion you follow... people ultimately want the same things in life, and one of those values is Peace. Who wants to live in fear?

There's my answer.