Canada-To-U.S. Pipeline Project Newest Front in Climate Clash

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
AB has bigger fish to fry, gotta give some work to Sask...its otherwise they all move to AB to work.....lol!!
What fish? We even out produce AB in fish.

Inland fisherieswere recorded as 38,798 tonnes, which yielded US$51 million. Landings originated from Ontario (19,463 t), Manitoba (10,125 t), Saskatchewan (3,157 t), Alberta (1,695 t),

I laugh when driving through new neighbourhoods in AB to see houses made from SK OSB.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nope. You've got us beat on cattle therefore the most bull****. Stats can prove it.

Now now Petros , don't get carried away spreading inaccurate information.
The pipe mill in Regina are owned by Americans in Chicago, Illinois..
The majority of shareholders in Evraz are employees and Russians own the rest.

IPSCO Illinois is Russian owned, not American.

You don't want to keep trying do you?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah, like I said earlier, we gotta keep giving Sask work otherwise they all wind up moving here.

Yeah, and you also said the pipe should be made in Alberta. Alberta wouldn't have the economy it has if it didn't attract labour from other provinces. I said a while back you're just tired of seeing others moving up the ladder in front of you. Sounds more plausible all the time.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I think we should be more careful than that. It should be determined who can afford to buy our
oil at the highest price and build the pipeline to either a refinery in America or build new ones in
Canada using government investment. Or better yet, build the pipelines and connect them to the
sea ports and sell the oil to those who can pay up front. I wouldn't take a check or an IOU from
Uncle Sam you might not get paid.
Hard times are coming soon, institute a cash and carry policy. Inside of ten years only three things
will matter, who has the oil, water and food everything else will be classed as frills.
Yes the pipeline will be built, so will the one to Kitimat BC for shipping crude to Asia. Canada now
has options for Wood, for minerals and for Oil, We don't need to sell are bargain basement prices
anymore and our price structure should reflect that.
But hey, I am an economic nationalist, I think we should ensure we have all we need for a long period
of time and sell the rest at very high prices, and use legislation to keep the companies in line.

We don't sell to the US government . We sell to multi national corporations. If the cheques bounce we seize the rigs and infrastructure.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
ya know what, durry is sounding more and more like a texan I met 30 years ago or so in Vegas. When I informed him that BC was bigger than texas, he got all uppity and informed me that "nuthin was bigger'n texas" and stomped away.
Reminds me of a friend who had a tourist trap on the Barkerville Highway. He made a bunch of Juniper plaques, inscribed little brass plaques with "Texas Polar Bear" and mounted Ermine skins on them. Sold like hot cakes to American tourist from everywhere but Texas.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well given that your smaller than AB, you definitely out produce us on BS !
Yeah, like I said earlier, we gotta keep giving Sask work otherwise they all wind up moving here.

SASKATCHEWAN’S ECONOMY TO LEAD THE NATION IN 2011
Eight major economic forecasters are predicting that Saskatchewan will have the fastest growing economy in Canada in 2011. Saskatchewan's economy is expected to increase by an average of 3.7 per cent next year, well ahead of the 2.4 per cent forecast for the national average.
Enterprise Saskatchewan Minister Jeremy Harrison reflected on the economic performance in 2010 and about the potential opportunities in 2011.
"In 2010 Saskatchewan's population hit another record high and we were the fastest growing province in Canada," Harrison said. "What was even better news was that jobs continued to improve over last year and wage increases are among the best in Canada."
Saskatchewan's population reached 1,049,701 in 2010. More than 50,000 people have moved to the province since the start of 2007 - the fastest and most sustained period of population growth in decades.
"Contributing to our growth this year was a rebound in potash and oil and gas," Harrison said. "Land sale totals are in for the year and 2010 was the second best on record for Crown petroleum and natural gas rights."
Building permits increased substantially in October 2010, up by 52.4 per cent (seasonally adjusted) from September 2010, the second highest increase among the provinces. Urban housing starts are also up in the first 11 months of 2010, increasing by 46 per cent over the same period last year, the second highest percentage increase in Canada.
The Fraser Institute recently ranked Saskatchewan second in the nation in the "Canadian Investment Climate 2010 Report". This was the second consecutive year that Saskatchewan ranked number two, up considerably from the sixth place showing in 2005.
"Busy construction sites translate into more demand, more prosperity and ultimately more economic opportunity for businesses and consumers," Harrison said. "There are no signs of it slowing down anytime soon in either residential or non-residential construction.
"There is a new optimism that is prevalent across Saskatchewan in the last three years and it has contributed to our economic success," Harrison said. "Our government was committed to creating a more positive business climate, and we will continue do so in the future by lowering taxes, reducing red tape and investing in infrastructure.
"We will continue to work on improvements next year to make sure Saskatchewan remains the best place in Canada to live, work and do business," Harrison said.

Yeah, and you also said the pipe should be made in Alberta. Alberta wouldn't have the economy it has if it didn't attract labour from other provinces. I said a while back you're just tired of seeing others moving up the ladder in front of you. Sounds more plausible all the time.
The slide into the #2 spot is a hard blow for AB.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What fish? We even out produce AB in fish.

Inland fisherieswere recorded as 38,798 tonnes, which yielded US$51 million. Landings originated from Ontario (19,463 t), Manitoba (10,125 t), Saskatchewan (3,157 t), Alberta (1,695 t),

I laugh when driving through new neighbourhoods in AB to see houses made from SK OSB.

Would that OSB stand for Old Straw Bales?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Nope. You've got us beat on cattle therefore the most bull****. Stats can prove it.

The majority of shareholders in Evraz are employees and Russians own the rest.

IPSCO Illinois is Russian owned, not American.

You don't want to keep trying do you?

I don't know much about the pipe business, I know AB has a lot of pipe Manu capability that is all filled up now. But it would be nice if this pipe was built here.

I suspect that once the line crosses into the US side, there will be a lot of pressure to manuf pipe in the US. These pipe mills create a lot of jobs and fairly high tech as well..

Sask economy (although small) is because of AB activity.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't know much about the pipe business, I know AB has a lot of pipe Manu capability that is all filled up now. But it would be nice if this pipe was built here.

I suspect that once the line crosses into the US side, there will be a lot of pressure to manuf pipe in the US. These pipe mills create a lot of jobs and fairly high tech as well..
Nope Evraz has the contract for the entire length of the XL. Even the one going to Kitimat.

Small? Hahahahahahahaha. What's it like to slide into #2?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Nope Evraz has the contract for the entire length of the XL. Even the one going to Kitimat.
Not sure about this.

It would be very very rare for a company to award the complete contract to one company. Large owner companies likeTCPL don't like to put all their eggs in one basket,,,so to speak..

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
BTW Petros, I don't come on here too often but it seems every time I have come on here, you seem to have changed your avitar.. You going thru an identity crises,,, just asking??? Is it the heat in Regina???? Just asking ???

It's all 36" and it all comes from Regina. Unless you prefer Chinese or Japanese pipe?

Well pipe is pipe, if not in AB, cost dictates!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Don't scrape a hole in that thing.