Canada seen as big loser if world gets serious about climate change

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't worry Captain... he mad.

Maybe I'll fill my pool with crude this summer just to do it.

No doubt on that... The truthers get their panties all in a bunch every time you point out the glaringly obvious holes in their position.

Hey I would love it if we just keep pumping with no consequences.

Don't shoot the messenger.

You just don't get it MF... The Earth have been releasing and absorbing these elements in perpetuity. It makes little difference in the big picture if it's conventional oil, oilsands or where (geographically) it is derived.

Your logic on this is so twisted that it bears absolutely no resemblance to anything of consequence

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey I would love it if we just keep pumping with no consequences.

Don't shoot the messenger.

And Canada will!

The only consequence would be if you stopped pumping or the lunatics actually do take charge of the asylum.

The guy on NPR also said... Keystone Pipeline or not... the oil will flow from Canada.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
And Canada will!

The only consequence would be if you stopped pumping or the lunatics actually do take charge of the asylum.

The guy on NPR also said... Keystone Pipeline or not... the oil will flow from Canada.

With the price of a bbl so low, it is impacting the economics related to transport by rail.

Going to be interesting to see the market correction on this and what it promotes

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You just don't get it MF... The Earth have been releasing and absorbing these elements in perpetuity. It makes little difference in the big picture if it's conventional oil, oilsands or where (geographically) it is derived.

Your logic on this is so twisted that it bears absolutely no resemblance to anything of consequence

Flossy is emotionally invested. It is his religion and his god... he can't bear to see his religious movement dying a torturous death.

Sure they'll be all pumped up after a big alarmists conference... but in the end... they are powerless. Canada showed the alarmist movement how weak they are when they walked out on a $14 BILLION dollar tab!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
With the price of a bbl so low, it is impacting the economics related to transport by rail.

Going to be interesting to see the market correction on this and what it promotes

Oh and who tends to lose BIG BUCKS if the pipeline is built.

Warren Buffett! The President's biggest supporter and owner of BNSF Railway. He's making hand over fist in money keeping the President in heel.

Alarmists think the President is an ally.

Only Canadian oil cause we reneged on Kyoto.

They can't do squat to Canada TS.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Flossy is emotionally invested. It is his religion and his god... he can't bear to see his religious movement dying a torturous death.

Sure they'll be all pumped up after a big alarmists conference... but in the end... they are powerless. Canada showed the alarmist movement how weak they are when they walked out on a $14 BILLION dollar tab!

Very well put, and you hit the nail square on the head, the emotional approach and tampering with data needs to come to an end.

That said, there is a population of truthers that are so heavily invested in this fallacy that by virtue of their pride and ego, are no longer able to apply any objectivity to the situation.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And Canada will!

Keystone a refurbish natural gas line has been pumping Canadian oil to Cushing since 08 and none of the opposed
Have a clue. Obama had no issue on that one but does XL. Why? He wants more of the oil content to be Bakken kerogen than agreed upon. It's every bit a US pipeline as it is Canadian.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Oh and who tends to lose BIG BUCKS if the pipeline is built.

Warren Buffett! The President's biggest supporter and owner of BNSF Railway. He's making hand over fist in money keeping the President in heel.

Alarmists think the President is an ally.

The biggest losers will be the Gulf Coast refineries and the public at large.

GC refineries are presently augmenting their oil(sands) inventory from Venezuela and ocean transport is far more expensive in the long run.

The public angle is easy enough to understand

That was the goal.

Then N. Dakota happened.

Now both countries are swimming in it.

This is what baffles me... Oil from the Dakotas (and Montana for that matter) will be in KXL. Presently, the only infrastructure to transport is rail, and this price point of a bbl is at a level that bakken producers may decide to shut-in production until the price strengthens.

All the same, politics screws things including this issue

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The biggest losers will be the Gulf Coast refineries and the public at large.

GC refineries are presently augmenting their oil(sands) inventory from Venezuela and ocean transport is far more expensive in the long run.

The public angle is easy enough to understand

This is what baffles me... Oil from the Dakotas (and Montana for that matter) will be in KXL. Presently, the only infrastructure to transport is rail, and this price point of a bbl is at a level that bakken producers may decide to shut-in production until the price strengthens.

All the same, politics screws things including this issue

Any sort of progress, infrastructure upgrades, improvements, or advancement of fossil fuels is perceived as a defeat by the alarmists.

The huge drop in the price for a barrel of oil is sending shock waves through the globe and the alarmists feel it too.

Their alternatives to fossil fuel were expensive to begin with. More expensive and less efficient than fossil fuels.

Now that we are at $50 a barrel! Geez! Last one out of the Pond Scum Refinery turn out the lights!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Any sort of progress, infrastructure upgrades, improvements, or advancement of fossil fuels is perceived as a defeat by the alarmists.

The huge drop in the price for a barrel of oil is sending shock waves through the globe and the alarmists feel it too.

The truthers also understand that advanced nations maintain an energy security policy that, at present, is based exclusively on oil/gas, coal and nuclear.

Approval of infrastructure is the admission by gvt that they will be supporting these industries for at least the amount of time it takes to amortize these facilities

Their alternatives to fossil fuel were expensive to begin with. More expensive and less efficient than fossil fuels.

Now that we are at $50 a barrel! Geez! Last one out of the Pond Scum Refinery turn out the lights!

Bingo!

Add to this that the energy sector has been (recently) adding many people to the employment scrolls. I understand that in some jurisdictions in the NE USA and Eastern Seaboard areas (like Pennsylvania?) have been developing their opportunities and employing numerous folks all the way through from the producer to the various service industries that support the E&P companies.