Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Was there a link I missed?

So you read the full report?

Could you send me the link?

Email Bsajw@sympatico.ca

Thanks.

The link in the OP referring to the news report about the report and one that goober posted referring to the report itself, so far.
Scroll down. Goober posted it.

And he posted it twice more. rofl

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Twice- So I guess Gerri is an assumin type of person. Never read the report but tells you that you are assuming. Not another one of those. My god.
lmao I know, I'm still splittin a gut here.

That's fine but your posts provide no reports of scientific or statistical anaylasis of energy usage pertaining to the subject.

Perhaps you can c&p the results from what you have read in the study.

No?
As I mentioned twice before, in order to get the report, you have to join the group that published it, and possibly put up with their server issues and download the report. Then the goofy thing won't let you copy and paste. Which is why I have been quoting it rather than cutting and pasting.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I never said the report was accurate or not.

Seems others did that already, so where is your scrutiny of that old boy?

Did you assume again- You slam LG for assuming- You are so much fun. I am getting on to being an old Boy as you say. But I did not arrive at this ripe old age by being stupid all the time. Heed the lesson Pup.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Does it take into account distance or not.

quoting myself:
Yeah. I did answer your question. . Just didn't use a two-letter, single-syllable reply.

Here it is for ya, Dopey. NO. I guess judging by your responses so far I better include the definition just in case you were wondering about that complicated answer, too:
from Merriam-Webster
1no

adv \ˈnō\

a chiefly Scottish : notb —used as a function word to express the negative of an alternative choice or possibility <shall we go out to dinner or no>
............. the report itself.

He's short stop or 3rd base, Can't remember which.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Right and you lie down right along side with what want to believe.

Is the report accurate?

I see little evidence to suggest either way but the initial response seems to be against.

Read it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Guys, don't get a hernia over this report. Just state your criticisms and check to see if they are acknowledged.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
You think China is energy-efficient? Ever been there?
Did I say that? China has a very long way to go but it is moving in the right direction.

Interestingly, a close friend of my son is a GE engineer who spent several months working on the three Gorges about the installaation of eqiipment that GE manufactured - GE Canada.

He did not think highly of the efficiency of that project either.

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Funny though, right in the executive summary, the report (not news reports on the report) says "performance metrics include the amount of energy consumed by a country relative tot its GDP". Kind of says that the GDP of a country largely determines its score.
I didn't read anything in it about the results being adjusted for area or climate. And it did say that it omitted most countries in the EU.
The GDP does not determine the score. That is only one of the factors. Wherever I read it, it included the factors I mentioned.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Rather ignorant poster. Is that how you will be for your short time here.

If he doesn't smarten up I hope his tenure is a lot shorter than last time!

Read what, the same thing you did?

Got to guys, take care of yourselves and have a good life.

Avro out.

Perhaps you missed the new rules of membership here, the most salient one being an I.Q. of at least 4 is required!

Last edited: