Canada.com Post so Canadian Content Regulars will not Whine Thread

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I don't think you guys from Canada.com have anything to worry about, and neither do what you called the "regulars" here. From what I've seen so far you appear to be interesting and useful additions,

Dexter, when there is an influx of new posters on such a large scale (and the newcomers know each other), it is natural for the previous posters to feel threatened, to feel that the newcomers are encroaching upon their territory.

It should be seen in that light. Give it some time and it will pass. I think the complaint about deviating from the subject of the thread (JLM posted one post outside the subject and I posted a reply, that was the extent of it) should be seen in that light. Two posts outside the subject of the thread and you would think world war III had started.

That generated several posts from the old timers and two new threads. People need to lighten up. If somebody deviates from the subject of the thread, it is not the end of the world, nor is it world war III.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Every forum seems to have a few posters who seem to believe that the pinnacle of public debate consists of the tried and true: F**k you, Di**head post.
There seems to be no escape.
I guess you just have to roll right on by it.
Trex

Well, Trex, sometimes; whatever works. Or, any profanity in a storm.8O

EVEN I, kind and levelheaded as I am, have been known to revert to jungle ways when fur is stroked the wrong way.........believe it or not:angel12:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
New comers huh?

Hmmmm.... have a few things they like or don't like about these forums eh?

Feel that some of them might be getting grilled or having more attention brought to them then others, no?

Well I don't think I've directed any major debates of my own towards any of the new members just yet, but time will soon fix that :twisted:

I myself have come here from venturing through many other forums over the past, and like all of those forums which had things I like or didn't, these forums do as well..... but when in Rome, do as the Romans do, as they say.

If the situation was reversed and all the members had to leave here to goto your forums, I would expect myself and others to conform to the ways of the new forum, and vice versa. Just because a big swath of members from one forum come venturing into another by a large amount, doesn't automatically give you guys the right to dictate or complain about things you don't like. What I do is abide by the given rules in the new location/forums, and then after a while of abiding by those rules and regulations I feel that some things need to be adjusted, then I will present my arguments.

But things are the way they are for many various reasons, and I don't expect many of the new members to completely understand those reasons if they never went through the times when those rules or regulations were required to be implimented..... heck I don't even know all of the reason myself, but I still abide by them.

Not that you guys are not allowed to your own input and opinion on things are done in here, knock yourselves out..... but just don't expect everything to go your way when you want it to just because you have a group of you coming on at the same time.

Not that I think any of you are thinking in that way, but just in case.

In regards to people throwing out what seem to be small minded jibberish or petty little insults/hints of, it all depends in my books. Sometimes it's an obvious jab of humour and nothing more.... then again sometimes the person posting is just simply being a jerk.

It happens.

You can either ignore it, you can report it, or you can do what I do and eye for an eye their arses until they see that what they have started isn't such a good idea to finish. (But just don't let it get out of hand)

If you want to bicker and bitch out someone, drag them to the steel cage and deal with it there. Otherwise, either try and get the discussion back to a civil level, or simply just ignore and move on.

In saying all of that, welcome to the forums. But also in saying that, just cuz you're news guys, don't think I won't tear ya up a new eye socket :twisted:

What can I say? I'm a tough love kinda guy..... just remember the safety word is pickle.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
*whine*

Oops. Looks like you are too late.;-):lol:

Welcome to CC. I hope that even if your other home becomes available again you decide to stick around. It is always good to have new views on everything.:smile:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
*whine*

Oops. Looks like you are too late.;-):lol:

Welcome to CC. I hope that even if your other home becomes available again you decide to stick around. It is always good to have new views on everything.:smile:

Shadowshiv, I am becoming increasingly pessimistic that they will sort out the problems over at canada.com. The system was supposed to be fully operational by Saturday, it still isn’t working.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
oh, Sir Joseph Porter, I am very happy you guys and gals are here...

Please don't leave...if Canada.com gets back up, maybe you could divide your time?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Shadowshiv, I am becoming increasingly pessimistic that they will sort out the problems over at canada.com. The system was supposed to be fully operational by Saturday, it still isn’t working.

If that is the case, then hopefully you will decide to plant your roots here and stay rather than try and look for another site.:smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
oh, Sir Joseph Porter, I am very happy you guys and gals are here...

Please don't leave...if Canada.com gets back up, maybe you could divide your time?

Yeah, they are nice people, Twila. Looks like Canada.com may be a "dead duck". I enjoy this forum anyway.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
It is always nice to have new faces here, but I'm sure it's a bit sad for the new folks to see their previous home forum struggling - I know if CC were to run into big problems like that I'd feel awful. We tend to get attached to what's familiar. I know we'll find room for everyone here in true CC spirit - and give them a bit of time to get comfy and settle in.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

I kinda like all the folks from whereverthehellitwas you comefrum, but: It helps to have a thick skin on the foreskin, .............IF.......ya knows whut I mean.

And..............DON'T.........pick up the soap.

:glasses7:

Its OK Nuggler, I can handle myself.. I am sure they are quite happy with themselves..

As for the skin, well its pretty thick..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
New comers huh?

Hmmmm.... have a few things they like or don't like about these forums eh?

Feel that some of them might be getting grilled or having more attention brought to them then others, no?

Well I don't think I've directed any major debates of my own towards any of the new members just yet, but time will soon fix that :twisted:

I myself have come here from venturing through many other forums over the past, and like all of those forums which had things I like or didn't, these forums do as well..... but when in Rome, do as the Romans do, as they say.

If the situation was reversed and all the members had to leave here to goto your forums, I would expect myself and others to conform to the ways of the new forum, and vice versa. Just because a big swath of members from one forum come venturing into another by a large amount, doesn't automatically give you guys the right to dictate or complain about things you don't like. What I do is abide by the given rules in the new location/forums, and then after a while of abiding by those rules and regulations I feel that some things need to be adjusted, then I will present my arguments.

But things are the way they are for many various reasons, and I don't expect many of the new members to completely understand those reasons if they never went through the times when those rules or regulations were required to be implimented..... heck I don't even know all of the reason myself, but I still abide by them.

Not that you guys are not allowed to your own input and opinion on things are done in here, knock yourselves out..... but just don't expect everything to go your way when you want it to just because you have a group of you coming on at the same time.

Not that I think any of you are thinking in that way, but just in case.

In regards to people throwing out what seem to be small minded jibberish or petty little insults/hints of, it all depends in my books. Sometimes it's an obvious jab of humour and nothing more.... then again sometimes the person posting is just simply being a jerk.

It happens.

You can either ignore it, you can report it, or you can do what I do and eye for an eye their arses until they see that what they have started isn't such a good idea to finish. (But just don't let it get out of hand)

If you want to bicker and bitch out someone, drag them to the steel cage and deal with it there. Otherwise, either try and get the discussion back to a civil level, or simply just ignore and move on.

In saying all of that, welcome to the forums. But also in saying that, just cuz you're news guys, don't think I won't tear ya up a new eye socket :twisted:

What can I say? I'm a tough love kinda guy..... just remember the safety word is pickle.

All that to tell me the safety word is "pickle" :-|...

I can take the tough love you can dish out..

I don't ask to change the rules, I never have and I don't expect you too. But I do expect you to play by the same rules you ask me to play by.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Its OK Nuggler, I can handle myself.. I am sure they are quite happy with themselves..

As for the skin, well its pretty thick..

Of course, Sir Francis, to survive in any forum, one must have a thick skin. But that is what i have found, many conservatives have a thin skin, at least they did in the canada.com forum. They are quick to lose their temper and resort to name calling. i have no reasons to believe that this forum will be any different, but we will see.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Of course, Sir Francis, to survive in any forum, one must have a thick skin. But that is what i have found, many conservatives have a thin skin, at least they did in the canada.com forum. They are quick to lose their temper and resort to name calling. i have no reasons to believe that this forum will be any different, but we will see.

From what I have seen recently, Members of ALL political views have resorted to name calling. That is something that needs to stop.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
It is always nice to have new faces here, but I'm sure it's a bit sad for the new folks to see their previous home forum struggling - I know if CC were to run into big problems like that I'd feel awful. We tend to get attached to what's familiar. I know we'll find room for everyone here in true CC spirit - and give them a bit of time to get comfy and settle in.

Hello Zan, I am certainly very used to the Forum features and I don't think many of those from Canada.com should be struggling.

I really like the Beta Format ( looked at it ) but miss some of the features from this old format.. I prefer advanced formatting in this message box, in the old format, but I much prefer how you plan to move from one Forum format to another.. Giving time for people to test Beta formats and seeing the Bugs in the system is so much easier then putting up the system in one shot then trouble shutting..

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB

Be the change, Sir Joseph, be the change...;-)

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Hello Zan, I am certainly very used to the Forum features and I don't think many of those from Canada.com should be struggling.

I really like the Beta Format ( looked at it ) but miss some of the features from this old format.. I prefer advanced formatting in this message box, in the old format, but I much prefer how you plan to move from one Forum format to another.. Giving time for people to test Beta formats and seeing the Bugs in the system is so much easier then putting up the system in one shot then trouble shutting..

ahh this will warm Andem's heart. He's the site owner, and he puts a ton of effort into making this forum a nice little playground for the likes of us.

I haven't noticed a whole ton of difference in the formatting in the reply window myself - what in particular are you referring to?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Oh, it's worse then that for me.... I mean, sure I imagine you guys are all great and everything, I really don't know much more then your avatar and wish to keep it like that until perhaps someone dies and then it'd be interesting..... but until that time......

If the forums ever just Whoosh, vanished or got toasted some how...... all of these posts, all of what you have read and written yourselves...... all those hours....... days, years...... Gone.

All wiped.... think about that for a second.... doesn't that concept sorta urk ya?

It's no longer written in the optic fibres of time.

It'd sorta be like your house burning down..... all your stuff gone and you just got memories left..... and you gotta start a new.

Kinda a crummy state to be in.

What was my point?

I don't like curly nipple hair.