Can Canada be totally conquered

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think this question is like beating a dead horse.
Whatever is of any value in this Land of ours has been taken, assigned, plundered, given away or wastet long time ago.

Wrong, we still have a huge surplus of fresh water.

How long do you think it will take before the Yanks will take it by force? It's already selling for twice the price of Gasoline/litre.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Bear, the point has got to be re-emphasized: we are a country, we do have a history. I marvel at how great so many of our stories are. Granted most are best told by amateur, populist and popular historians like Pierre Berton, but they still resonate. The sacrifices, the struggles, the 'hopes and dreams' of Canadians in the past were real. We should honour them. I see the Legion each year trying its best to keep what it was they fought for on the radar. It's a daunting chore. In twenty years ceremonies like RD will be no more and we'll all be the poorer for it.

gneiss

Sep 25, 2006
www.discounted.ca
I think it's hard to invade Canada from a geopolitical perspective. The Canada is so huge and in some area like Saskatchewan, very flat. Nature is somehow acting as our border.. or border guards

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
but you all miss the point

Conquest of a nation has nothing to do with being everywhere....If Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal were taken the game would be over, we may have the land mass but our people and power is very concentrated. Same in the U.S. if you took the north east and California you would now have control.

turubawebmaster

Oct 18, 2006
Ontario
if the americans wanted canada that bad they could take over simply with all their military equipment but it would turn the world against them... I don't think it's gonna happen though because the americans are good friends with canadians

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can Canada be totally conquered? Yeah, of course it can.

The United States can totally conquer canada, so surely that now makes this thread irrelevant.

Britain can totally conquer Canada. We can do do that with our eyes closed. In fact, we've already been there and done that. Britain once conquered the world so effortlessly and easily it was as easy as asking a girl from Liverpool "Do you want sex for 50p?"

Surely asking the question "Can Canada be totally conquered?" is like asking "Do the French like cheese?" or "Do the Germans have a sense of humour?"

Conquering Canada? That's nothing. We once ruled the world....easily.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Can Canada be totally conquered? Yeah, of course it can.

The United States can totally conquer canada, so surely that now makes this thread irrelevant.

Britain can totally conquer Canada. We can do do that with our eyes closed. In fact, we've already been there and done that. Britain once conquered the world so effortlessly and easily it was as easy as asking a girl from Liverpool "Do you want sex for 50p?"

Surely asking the question "Can Canada be totally conquered?" is like asking "Do the French like cheese?" or "Do the Germans have a sense of humour?"

Conquering Canada? That's nothing. We once ruled the world....easily.

I think it's been a while since Britain ruled the world. A good while. A war between Canada and the U.S. would be just silly. No two countries are closer in culture and background than Canadfa and the U.S.

In thirty years or less, Canad's population will be greater than Britain's. The whole of the UK could be lost in any of the larger six of our provinces.

I don't think many Liverpool girls woul pay you 50p for sex Blackleaf. Those who did would no doubt be disappointed...:p

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
If it's so easy for the UK to rule the world..why such a hard time with Northern Ireland hehehehe!!!

Yes Canada and the U.S. are so close in culture that sometimes it's hard to tell where you are if no one is flying a flag nearby...

The difference shows up in the style of government and miltary outlook, but day to day life is hardly an ounce..err do I mean gram different.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
Canada will never be conquered by the United States. Democracies simply don't go to war with each other. With respect to the comments about an invasion by the US to relieve commodity shortages like water, even Maude Barlow would open the taps herself if the USA were forced to keep all fruits, nuts, flowers, and vegetables for domestic consumption due to water shortages for growing or what did get exported tripled or quadrupled a typical family's grocery bill.

We dump a lot of water in an already expanding ocean and even the hardest left NDP government of the future will be singing the praises of exporting a renewable resource that pads government coffers, lowers a family's grocery bill and is shipped through a pipeline with no risk to the environment especially if the alternative is hundreds or thousands of desalination plants south of the border pumping out billions of tons of greenhouse gases. The only reasonable environmental solution could be water exports and I can see a court agreeing and overturning a government's opposition anyway.

Canada's threats are all internal. Quebec separation. Western alienation and sovereignty. Even a mass concentration of immigrants from one ethnicity or religion becoming a defacto separate state such as the Chinese in Vancouver is more plausible than an American invasion. As for an invasion by China or Russia or any other aggressor state, the USA would not permit it so we might as well be hypothesizing about aliens or a flotilla from Chad.

So can Canada be totally conquered?.....................No.