Britain admits Iraq war led to ISIS

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
No, there isn't.
Of course there is

Also, what "war crimes" would you like to see Mr Blair indicted on?

Whether or not I would like to see Blair indicted is not the issue. At issue is your silly logic that he can't be because the Brittish people supported the Iraqi invasion

If having a population support an invasion is enough of a reason not to allow somebody to be indicted on war crimes, the Nazi leaders would not have been indicted. You're silly.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If having a population support an invasion is enough of a reason not to allow somebody to be indicted on war crimes, the Nazi leaders would not have been indicted. You're silly.

How many Nazis were indicted for invading Poland?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Doesn't matter. What matters is that you think they can't or shouldn't have because the population supported the invasion. You're very silly

I certainly won't be very pleased if any British politician carries out the will of the people to the benefit of national security and then is hoisted in front of a UN court.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
What the hell are you rofling about? During WWI Britain was dead in the water, America found a market to sell their arms to (England and the allies) and protected those interests.

During WWII everyone knows the USSR did the most to stomp out the Nazis. This is like very basic.

How many Nazis were indicted for invading Poland?
How many winners, no matter how criminal they may have been, ever got indicted for anything?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Only when acting as proxy warriors for the US and the West. (you know the ones who have been waging war there for 1,000 years and have yet to take over even 1 country.
How many wars between Iraq and Iran before the US got booted out of in 1979? You will notice the return never took place, right Walnut?
A thousand years ago there was no West as we know it

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
And most British people also had no problem with Britain ignoring UN law, thinking that Britain has every right to ignore UN law in the national interest.

The UN should get stuffed if it even thinks about putting Mr Blair on trial for "war crimes."

Where's your evidence for that?
You can't ignore UN Law and demand it be observed in other nations that you happen to want to control so you don't have to pay fair market value for the resources you need to survive.

My bad that was WWI.
ben freedman documentary.
Starts within the 1st minute.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First it should be noted Kuwait was once part of Iraq the British removed it
by drawing a line as I recall just prior to WWI for oil of course.
Saddam was told by the American Ambassador at the time America was not
interested in internal affairs ie Iraq and Kuwait not America's problem i guess.
During the Iraq Iran war America gave satellite picture of Iranian troop movements
including the ones that ended up gassing his own people and the reason?
Iranian soldiers left the town and people moved in to the town for warmth.
If Iraq was using gas, as a weapon why were they supported by the American
administration?
The Iraq war was really for American photo ops and because of the conflict between
Bush Senior and Saddam. Not to mention the munitions factories and their well being.
Yes ISIS is a reality because of the vacuum created in the Middle East with the fall of
Saddam and the attack on Syria neither of these governments needed to go

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I certainly won't be very pleased if any British politician carries out the will of the people to the benefit of national security and then is hoisted in front of a UN court.
I'm sure you won't. Doesn't really change anything though. Your logic is still silly.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
The more I think about it, the disgusting British colonial empire and other imperialist powers were definitely no better than Nazi Germany.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The issue is far more complex. The Iraq war meant freedom for the kurds. They're our only true and loyal allies in that area. Northern Iraq is very safe at the moment. The violence in the south was going to happen regardless.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
mentalfloss; said:
Former British PM Blair admits Iraq war played role in rise of Islamic State

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair has said the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq was partly responsible for the emergence of the Islamic State militant group in the Middle East. But he insisted that toppling dictator Saddam Hussein had been the right thing to do.

Blair told CNN that “there are elements of truth” in the assertion that the war caused the rise of IS ...

The real intention behind Blair/Bush war was already disclosed in the Downing Street Memo which is what led to his government's downfall. Had the controlled American media given it as much emphasis as did the British media, Bush's regime would have been toppled as well.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The more I think about it, the disgusting British colonial empire and other imperialist powers were definitely no better than Nazi Germany.
So causing the death of more than 10M Muslims is a non-issue with you? Says a lot about you that is about as black as it gets.