Britain admits Iraq war led to ISIS

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
sorry, but what are you talking about?
Those deaths are caused by the West after the fall of Hitler and I took your post to be referencing the conduct of the UK and their Allies as being before Hitler, long before that. If I am mistaken then you have my sincere apology for misunderstanding your comment.

You're in for a long rant on Israel and Palestine....or...Bush and the Iraq war....
You couldn't clear that up for him?
You should do more posts with no content, it makes you seem smarter than when you include words.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
I'm saying western imperialist countries are no better than nazi germany was. absolute fact.

a fact hard for liberals to digest.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm saying western imperialist countries are no better than nazi germany was. absolute fact.

a fact hard for liberals to digest.

Stop being so silly. Repeating idiotic ideas over and over again doesn't make them fact. It makes them propaganda

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I guess you're just color blind......
You finally got something right, I do see white, brown and black as being the same. It is what comes out of a person's mouth that defines who they are rather than what goes into it. Want the actual quote from the person who came up with that?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
No. Tony Blair did. He's not a politician anymore.

He should face no war crimes charges. Most Britons were in favour of invading Iraq.

Most Americans were in favour of invading Iraq as well.

That's what happens when you are lied to and don't take time to logically dissect the 'other evidence'.....

Tony Blair is sorry for Iraq; Jeb will barely admit George W. Bush was president on 9/11

Meanwhile, in the U.S., leading right-wing politicians are still stuck in denial. Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has firmly maintained that his brother’s war was a “good deal” because it led to the ouster of Saddam Hussein. He furthermore described the 2007 surge of U.S. troops in Iraq as “courageous.”

Just a few months before, in May, amid inconsistent flip-flopping on the issue, Bush had again insisted that the world was “significantly safer” because the invasion had forced Hussein out of power. Perhaps this is unsurprising when 17 (81 percent) of Jeb Bush’s 21 foreign policy advisers come from the George W. Bush administration. Yet Jeb is by no means alone.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney also proudly stands by the war he helped orchestrate. In a new book appropriately titled Exceptional: Why the World Needs a Powerful America, Cheney maintains that “we were right” to invade Iraq. He exalts “the bipartisan tradition going back 75 years of maintaining America’s global supremacy and leadership” and refuses to take responsibility for what critics have characterized as one of the worst crimes of the 21st-century.

The U.S. political establishment would do well to learn from Tony Blair, look critically at its own history, and admit guilt. Only then can a serious conversation not just about recovery, but also about reparations, begin.

more

Tony Blair is sorry for Iraq; Jeb will barely admit George W. Bush was president on 9/11 - Salon.com

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Most Americans were in favour of invading Iraq as well.
American opposition ended the day it was promoted that the takeover would result in gas being $2 cheaper at the pump so it never was that strong and the 'hindsight' remorese is the same as being caught with your hand in the cookie jar

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC