Britain admits Iraq war led to ISIS

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Only when acting as proxy warriors for the US and the West. (you know the ones who have been waging war there for 1,000 years and have yet to take over even 1 country.
How many wars between Iraq and Iran before the US got booted out of in 1979? You will notice the return never took place, right Walnut?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I hope you're not comparing Britain to Nazi Germany.

I'm trying to figure out your logic. If the UK leadership is not guilty of war crimes simply because you British folk supported the invasion of Iraq, none of the German leaders would be guilty of war crimes either.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
I'm trying to figure out your logic. If the UK leadership is not guilty of war crimes simply because you British folk supported the invasion of Iraq, none of the German leaders would be guilty of war crimes either.

It's also arguable the British Empire was no better than Nazi Germany.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Comparing the Nazi atrocities of World War II with modern Britain is nothing short of deplorable.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's also arguable the British Empire was no better than Nazi Germany.

No. It was a lot better.

And I should remind you that it was the British Empire which fought and defeated Nazi Germany.

If it wasn't for the British Empire much of Europe would now be under the Nazi jackboot.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nice dodge. I see I've put you in a difficult spot. Defending you goofy logic is always difficult so I'm sure you're used to it

You can't compare Britain with Nazi Germany in any way possible. You're comparing the world's oldest democracy with a dictatorship. Now stop it.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
No. It was a lot better.
Oh Ok then, thanks for your unbiased opinion.

And I should remind you that it was the British Empire which fought and defeated Nazi Germany.

If it wasn't for the British Empire much of Europe would now be under the Nazi jackboot.

Britain never could take on Nazi Germany by itself.

You can't compare Britain with Nazi Germany in any way possible. You're comparing the world's oldest democracy with a dictatorship. Now stop it.
Poor delusional monarchists.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You can't compare Britain with Nazi Germany in any way possible.
Sure I can. You made the claim that public support for a war should exclude its leaders from wars crimes prosecution. I'm just highlighting the follies of your silly logic.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

No you didn't, you were down to a weeks worth of food before the Us entered the war. You are such a liar.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sure I can. You made the claim that public support for a war should exclude its leaders from wars crimes prosecution. I'm just highlighting the follies of your silly logic.

And most British people also had no problem with Britain ignoring UN law, thinking that Britain has every right to ignore UN law in the national interest.

The UN should get stuffed if it even thinks about putting Mr Blair on trial for "war crimes."

Britain was bailed out by the Yanks in WWI

you were down to a weeks worth of food before the Us entered the war.

Where's your evidence for that?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And most British people also had no problem with Britain ignoring UN law, thinking that Britain has every right to ignore UN law in the national interest.

The UN should get stuffed if it even thinks about putting Mr Blair on trial for "war crimes.
that really has nothing to do with your silly logic but at least you made some effort

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Of course there is.

No, there isn't.

Also, what "war crimes" would you like to see Mr Blair indicted on? Invading Iraq was the right thing to do, with or without UN support. Most Britons were in favour of the invasion, and it was the right thing to do. It just should have been handled better - and we all know there definitely was WMD.

Last edited: