baby names

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
???
I didn't have any major grief with Jodi. The little diamond in the nose wasn't all that bad and it didn't happen till she was 15 or 16. The pink hair was kinda neat but I didn't like the blonde hair she tried first.

Yeah, the dads never seem to be the ones who want to beat the daughter. Let me put it this way... for your wife's sake, a boy first is easier. lol. Every first born daughter I know fought like HELL with their mother, and twisted their dads around their little fingers. lol.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol
Well, there may have been a bit of that. I admit to being a bit of a softie, but I have an excuse, I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than my kids as a kid. So anything they did that wasn't physically, emotionally, or psychologically harmful was ok with me. (IE, no bullying, terrorizing town at night, dangerous games without proper instruction, etc.)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
In my experience, you really truly want the first born to be a boy. First born girls are hellish come puberty. hellish. hellish!!

Reading your post I am reminded of my daughter now 25 I think, please I don't want to think about it. Hellish hellish absolutely hellish. Why oh why oh why? She's human now thank god.:wave:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
i've often heard that guys like daughters and girls like sons. Maybe that explains your different views on first-born daughters

It could be. But, in my experience, a first born son makes for a more peaceful household than a firstborn daughter. Sons don't push the limits in the same way daughters do, and so the household rules are more set when the second or third born comes along, without the same screaming matches.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
i've often heard that guys like daughters and girls like sons. Maybe that explains your different views on first-born daughters
I heard that, too. Also heard that guys like their sons to be just like them. Both my girls play(ed) rugby (I taught em the basics). I played catch with them and their mother. Both know the basics of diagnosing a vehicle's ailments. Bth can operate heavy equipment of some kinds. I don't think there's anything they learned from me that I wouldn't have taught a son. I just like kids in general. Neat toys. :D

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I'm sure she would like to hear that lol from you. lol
Then I've seen parents pay for they're past sins through they're children

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Reading your post I am reminded of my daughter now 25 I think, please I don't want to think about it. Hellish hellish absolutely hellish. Why oh why oh why? She's human now thank god.:wave:

heeheehee. My sister was the first born. I spent my developmental years ducking and hiding, trying to avoid being caught in the cross fire between my sister and my folks. It's part of why I'm such a little diplomat. lol. She's human now too thank goodness. Most of the time anyway.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Being a first born myself I admit I was an angel:angel8:

Things that make you go Hmmmmm.:wave:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I'm crying cause i"m laughing so much:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
So was I , then Star Wars came along and I needed a breathing aperatus.
Wanted to do Lea so bad. Those buns did it for me.:angel8:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
So was I , then Star Wars came along and I needed a breathing aperatus.
Wanted to do Lea so bad. Those buns did it for me.:angel8:

Oh Ya! She had four. Upper and lower.

Hey Hermann I hope this is helping with your name thingy. Stan is alright for a boy. Stanley High. I knew a chinese guy in school, Stan Lee. No really. A bit confusing til you got to know him. LOL:wave: :laughing7: