B.C. judge rules father guilty of “family violence” for calling trans son “she”

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They're no different than us. Either one of us could be a pilot.

I might not qualify being afraid of heights and I'm not sure how good my depth perception is. Also has a lot more responsibility than I'm comfortable with. One of the reasons I'm happy living within my means on a modest income! (You can't be a hero all the time)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
you also might not qualify to sit on a Supreme Court given your complete lack of education, experience and common sense.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The problem with this ruling, rediculous as it may be is the downstream implications of a government dictating parental responsibility. COuld a court over ride the parents decision on say circumcision because it is not the political flavor of the month?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Whose tit are you on?

None. I pay my way and then some. In the future, if and when I retire and become a net drain on society, I'll at least appreciate what others are doing for me. I thinks that's just a generational thing though. I respect other's charity

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
When you reach pensionable age be sure to remind me that you are NOT accepting it.
Of course I'll accept it. And give it to the Shawnees.

Seems like a damn low payment for a continent.

Then again, I'm not the one whimpering about sucking at the government tit whilst sucking at the government tit, am I?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This is what kids in China are doing. In the US they are trying to decode how many bathrooms they need to fit all the genders that you find at the Universities these days.

If there is ever a war I suggest we surrender early rather than late in the day.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...rsity-successfully-launches-hypersonic-rocket

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Accepting assistance isn't a problem. Being ungrateful for it is. That's a common theme amongst your generation
I would say I am grateful in a general sense to have been a Canadian, but one need not be grateful for a pension.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Tell that to the former Gainers workers.

Besides, it isn't just pensions. A 10% seniors discount at restaurants is really just the general population subsidizing a senior's dinner out. They really should say thank you once in a while.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I would say I am grateful in a general sense to have been a Canadian, but one need not be grateful for a pension.

I think you are right for once (of course that would make Putz wrong as usual) but the Pensions are just returning our own money plus interest! Wise people can understand that!