B.C. judge rules father guilty of “family violence” for calling trans son “she”

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This is healthcare which is why the trial featured the testimony of a number of medical doctors rather than the insane ravings of a white natty climate change denier.
No it n't. It is leftards forcing their wacko beliefs on kids. Health care is about healing, not causing irrepairable damage to a child. Or an adult.Just because science has the ability to do stupid things to people doesn't mean that those of us that work and pay taxes should have to foot the bill. There are people waiting for much needed hips and knees so they can be productive again that are far more important some kid wanting to be turned into a freak.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Thank gawd ignorant twats don’t get to decide what is and isn’t health care in this country", while other ignorant twats don't have an inkling about the subject anyhow!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No it n't. It is leftards forcing their wacko beliefs on kids. Health care is about healing, not causing irrepairable damage to a child. Or an adult.Just because science has the ability to do stupid things to people doesn't mean that those of us that work and pay taxes should have to foot the bill. There are people waiting for much needed hips and knees so they can be productive again that are far more important some kid wanting to be turned into a freak.

THAT sums it up perfectly, ts.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
"Thank gawd ignorant twats don’t get to decide what is and isn’t health care in this country", while other ignorant twats don't have an inkling about the subject anyhow!
Judges get to decide.

And they have.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Glad this discussion has calmed somewhat, and yes.....the article was interesting......in showing how deep the brain rot in the justice system has gone.

I would suggest the judge already has his mind made up.

He ignored the opinions of the expert defense witnesses because their testimony did not directly address this child? Really? When they dealt with both the physical and psychological effects of transitioning? Really?

....is exactly correct, and supports my contention that these kids are being used as human guinea pigs.

BTW, transition does not effect the suicide rate among TGs, which is the best evidence that it is not a solution.

And this father is trying to save his daughter. Even if he is wrong (which I do not believe he is) to accuse him of being selfish and/or wanting to harm his child is absolutely unfair.

And I found the complete vid of the TG conference that I posted a bit of earlier. It is worth watching.

Before I reply I wanted to ask you, Colpy, will it be worth it?

Is there any chance you might either see the point of view of the child and the reasons why he wants this, or see why the court decided the way it did?

Because honestly, after looking up the videos and watching them, reading about the "Good doctor" Soh and all the stuff I have looked into to actually counter what you've said, I actually wonder if it's even worth it to post up if it's not gonna do one damned thing?

If it might even change your opinion a sliver, then yeah, I'll post, but if not then I won't bother, I'll save myself from wasting more time and do something else.

I'm tired of dealing with people who won't even see past their nose about other people's lives.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You should abandon this theme. You are the MOST ignorant twat on this forum so quit being a fcuking hypocrite!

Alas...I’m a failure in the race for the title of most ignorant twat here. You lapped the field years ago and I’ve barely got out of the blocks

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Before I reply I wanted to ask you, Colpy, will it be worth it?

Is there any chance you might either see the point of view of the child and the reasons why he wants this, or see why the court decided the way it did?

Because honestly, after looking up the videos and watching them, reading about the "Good doctor" Soh and all the stuff I have looked into to actually counter what you've said, I actually wonder if it's even worth it to post up if it's not gonna do one damned thing?

If it might even change your opinion a sliver, then yeah, I'll post, but if not then I won't bother, I'll save myself from wasting more time and do something else.

I'm tired of dealing with people who won't even see past their nose about other people's lives.

You have an excellent point, because no.....my mind is made up on this issue where it affects children.

Any chance those vids and stats are going to shift your view?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You have an excellent point, because no.....my mind is made up on this issue where it affects children.

Any chance those vids and stats are going to shift your view?

I'll admit that you're partly right about the blocker drugs, they're not FDA approved for TRANS therapy reasons, but they ARE approved for other uses.

I'll admit that yes, the concerns of medical personnel and some people are valid because there isn't any science to prove what might happen to kids put on blockers, only because this is the first generation to have kids on blockers and until they're grown, we won't know what affects, if there are any, there might be. Which is why the normal doctor standard of care is to inform the patient and parents of the risks. It says a lot though that even knowing the risks, patients agree to it - because patient agreement is essential - vs not taking injections at all. We don't even know if the possible side effects - diabetes, heart conditions, etc - will be because of the blockers or natural occurring issues, until it happens. That the drugs used to block puberty ARE safely used to treat other conditions: precocious puberty (early onset of puberty), prostate cancer, breast cancer, endometriosis and uterine fibroids. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberty_blocker

Do you know what goes IN to the decision to be put on blockers? How long it takes to get approval, how many doctors you need to see to GET to the final permissions for someone to write the script for them? What age they start at? That's all important information anyone who is against blockers really needs to look at.

As for the videos...

I haven't watched the full length one, but I HAVE seen videos and stories about Walter before; I have no comment other than he's a dramawhore who can't get enough attention and if he hadn't thought he was trans (which he wasn't) and gone through what he did, he would have found something else to make himself super special.

Dr. Soh, after looking at the video you posted, and watching others, plus reading up on her, has her opinion but I think that her anger over papers being 'removed' is very much WTF, since papers are always peer reviewed and removed all the time. Her main argument is that gender and sexual status are binary and in a way I can see her point, if I want to limit myself to the narrow view of it. However I know personally that gender is more broad spectrum than just male/female, that's why the more common theory of Gender being "what you are" is becoming a 'thing' and why it's separate from sex.

She also brought up trans people in sports as her main talking point in the first video you posted, specifying MMA as it's her favorite sport. Without her naming specific cases you can't really argue for or against her opinion. However, there is a case of a trans athlete that made news that is interesting, IMO, because it totally disproves Dr. Soh's theory.

Andraya Yearwood is a student athlete in Connecticut Track and Field.

https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scen...nner-facing-scrutiny-for-competing-as-a-girl/

So those against her say that she shouldn't run because, being born male, it gives her an advantage.

Except... it doesn't.

If you go here https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=11884190 and check her bio (highlight the page to see the 'hidden' info), though she does come first a lot, it doesn't always happen. If you look from when she started in 2017, to this year, she went from low placings and even a DNF to improvements, just like any athlete. This to me proves that even though trans, TRAINING plays a huge factor into how someone excels in a sport.

But as you said, since nothing will change your mind, at least there's info out there to disprove your bias and fear - yes, fear - of trans kids.

In the end though, saying this boy is a girl, and siding with the father and his views, only proves you're good with seeing this kid in harm's way, if not wanting to see them die, since he's already tried suicide. And yes, I know, "that's not what you're saying", except to him, it is, and it's people like you who push trans kids TO that.

.... so much for not posting a lot to rebuttal... :|

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You folks on the gubmint tit, sure get pissy when others want a taste

Whose tit are you on? I was never able to find one who paid wages for submitting nonsense to forums 24/7! I guess you are lucky that Welfare doesn't seem to mind! :) Maybe I'll report you. If I send them a couple of your ridiculous posts, they will soon track you down. In a city the size of Medicine Hat, there can't be more than two or three lunatics.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
They're no different than us. Either one of us could be a pilot.