Assault Style Weapons Prohibited In CDA

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes that war was as successful as prohibition.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
it is not up to us to make such JUDGMENTS......... People are people. The law looks after the criminal components of this.
Really explain how that works? Why are so many gang bangers convicted of possession of illegal handguns walking free in society?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
what the heck is YOUR problem?? Having a bad day, and taking it out on people on here??
I stated the thread as it is a news item .
But you aren’t interested in guns . Hmmmn you appear to have a modicum of interest.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
But you aren’t interested in guns . Hmmmn you appear to have a modicum of interest.
I am interested only as far as they affect people and their attitudes.Don't twist ..manipulate my words.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
what the heck is YOUR problem?? Having a bad day, and taking it out on people on here??
I stated the thread as it is a news item .
Just one more in a long list of people who come here to vent their anger.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Here is the truth:
Four-in-five Canadians support complete ban on civilian possession of assault style weapons
The results of the latest public opinion survey from the non-profit Angus Reid Institute show an overwhelming majority – nearly four-in-five – support a complete prohibition on civilian possession of the types of weapons used in the Montreal Massacre in 1989, and most recently, the rampage of an assault weapon-carrying murderer who killed 22 people in Nova Scotia last month.
http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/
We still don't have an official description of assault rifle. Is it one that looks scary? How about the single shot 50 cal that is accurate at over a mile?
More importantly how is TrudOWE and his merry band of morons going to make criminals hand over their now illegal rifles when the same group of morons can't even figure out how to make said criminals hand in their illegal handguns?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
80% of Canadians back ban on 'assault-style' weapons: poll
The polling numbers come as the federal government moves to ban more than 1,500 weapons, including semiautomatic, large-magazine rifles used to shoot at a rapid fire.
https://www.tricitynews.com/news/80-of-canadians-back-ban-on-assault-style-weapons-poll-1.24127736
Wrong. That was 80% of those polled. The catch is that only card carrying Liberals were polled.
That sunshine is how the left does polls to get the required results.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So can you tell us what type of weapon the Nova Scotia shooter used ? Can Angus Reid ? Pretty amazing the RCMP have not released that information yet Canadians and Angus Reid want them banned .
I heard it was a potato gun. Let's put all the potato farmers in jail.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not the point. They should be banned anyhow. NO ONE needs that kind of weapon for personal use........or even........and this is a stretch......personal security.
No one needs a RollsRoyce either. Should we ban them too? How about helicopters? Do you think anyone needs one?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'll need to check and see if my Toaster (it's pretty high tech) is on Trudeau's new Banned List. I might not have been a Criminal yesterday morning and suddenly have become one tonight unless I surrender my Toaster for $0.15 on the Dollar in a buy-back program.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Might be smarter to get some anger management help. It distracts from the topic and creates a nasty environment...

Might be smarter to know what you're talking about before posting in a topic. That, however, would mean you and hoid would never be able to post.