Assault Style Weapons Prohibited In CDA

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well, the timing of that massacre in NS could be questionable too.. In fact the timing is very appropriate. Decisive action in response to a horrific shooting event. The worst ever in C DA. We are NOT the US of a......where these incidents are almost commonplace.......and may we never ever come close.

No one is being naive........everything is political....one way or another.
Just what do you believe is 'questionable' about the timing of the NS tragedy?

Naivety is believing a gun ban will stop illegal arms coming across our borders. You do know that the NS killer's guns came from the US, do you not? How you propose to stop the illegal trafficking of guns by a ban in Canada? Do you honestly believe the gangbangers are going to stop? If so, you've got another think coming.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Just what do you believe is 'questionable' about the timing of the NS tragedy?
Naivety is believing a gun ban will stop illegal arms coming across our borders. You do know that the NS killer's guns came from the US, do you not? How you propose to stop the illegal trafficking of guns by a ban in Canada? Do you honestly believe the gangbangers are going to stop? If so, you've got another think coming.

You sure can tell who is from larger urban centers compared to smaller and rural communities by the posts in both threads.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
And why are ArmaLite rifles assault rifles.

Why is the mini14 ranch an assault rifle.
If they are on the list they are banned.

If they are not on the list they are not banned.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
That is because you understand wrong. So the rifle your grandfather brought back with him from WW2 is now illegal.
Is it on the list?

Pretty sure most military weapons were banned long ago.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
As I understand it....the weapons banned are for military use ..Why should any civilian carry such a weapon?? Isn't their purpose to kill as many and as fast as possible?? NO civilian needs that kind of weapon. Does the civilian not have enough guns to choose from......if they have to have a gun??
I believe that you are understanding it incorrectly. Sorry. Mr Trudeau's speech stating "Military Grade Weapons...etc..." was extremely misleading so I can understand how you may be misunderstanding things.

Yes, I live in a smaller (comparatively) urban setting (though not in central Canada) of about a 1/4 million people, and I do not now or have ever owned a firearm, and I believe what happened yesterday with respect to this latest firearms ban is beyond ridiculous, and is an assault on our democracy circumventing the democratic process. Law abiding Canadian firearms owners have a maximum clip size containing 5 rounds, & Mr Trudeau's announcement yesterday doesn't pertain to criminals but only to law abiding Canadians, & this plays to a certain segment of the population I guess.

Without going into the gritty details, and during these strange COVID 19 times some people are taking advantage of the situation much like the Liberal Party of Canada and Mr Trudeau specifically, & I had to engage with one yesterday right behind our home. Without knowing the background, and with you & I never meeting in person.....between myself and the individual below....which one of us do you think would be affected by Mr Trudeau's Order in Council announced yesterday bypassing the checks and balances provided by Parliament and which one wouldn't be?

For a tiny bit of background, this occurred mid-afternoon on a Friday. That is not an N-95 to prevent the spread of COVID 19. That is not a walking stick this individual is carrying due to a physical handicap. This persons interest didn't stop at just the autobody shop's compound across the alley from our home. I'm assuming the backpack isn't to carry his school books or camping supplies, but that's just an assumption.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The regualtions only mention the weapons, not the people who own them.

If you want to give your guns up you will be compensated.

If you don't want to give your guns up you can become a crimminal.

Your choice.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Here is the truth:

Four-in-five Canadians support complete ban on civilian possession of assault style weapons

The results of the latest public opinion survey from the non-profit Angus Reid Institute show an overwhelming majority – nearly four-in-five – support a complete prohibition on civilian possession of the types of weapons used in the Montreal Massacre in 1989, and most recently, the rampage of an assault weapon-carrying murderer who killed 22 people in Nova Scotia last month.

http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Because that 80% that voted in the poll don't know what the real difference between an assault weapon and a hunting rifle is! they are basing their opinion on looks and what they see in the movies and the bullshit that trudeau is famous for!

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Cities have the ability currently to say what firearms are allowed within the city limits. Since this is more of an urban problem perhaps they should start using the tools they already have rather than throw a new blanket over the situation.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Here is the truth:

Four-in-five Canadians support complete ban on civilian possession of assault style weapons

The results of the latest public opinion survey from the non-profit Angus Reid Institute show an overwhelming majority – nearly four-in-five – support a complete prohibition on civilian possession of the types of weapons used in the Montreal Massacre in 1989, and most recently, the rampage of an assault weapon-carrying murderer who killed 22 people in Nova Scotia last month.

The NS gun was illegally obtained. The ban would have had no effect on that event.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Cities have the ability currently to say what firearms are allowed within the city limits. Since this is more of an urban problem perhaps they should start using the tools they already have rather than throw a new blanket over the situation.
The cities want to ban handguns but are unable to do so.

They require a federal framework for the ban.

Perhaps this is a good step in that direction.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
The cities want to ban handguns but are unable to do so.
They require a federal framework for the ban.
Perhaps this is a good step in that direction.

As I understand it the cities currently HAVE the ability and were given the ability to ban in their own city limits.

They can already do this.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Canada is absolutely fukked anyhow..

To many East Indians, its has plenty of Oil but buys oil from Saudi Arabia and Russia, too many stupid Liberals, and dumb gun laws that nobody is really going to give a shit about..

Most people with these type of guns will just keep them hidden, and yes now they are illegal..

So if they are stolen, police won't be notified and eventually used in a crime..

The government just created a system where folks will just hide what they have, and if you're hiding 1 get more..

What Canada going to build prisons for a million people :lol:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Here is the truth:

So can you tell us what type of weapon the Nova Scotia shooter used ? Can Angus Reid ? Pretty amazing the RCMP have not released that information yet Canadians and Angus Reid want them banned .