Assault Style Weapons Prohibited In CDA

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Nice to see you're more concerned about someone else's spelling (even though you've had a few errors yourself) while ignoring what is clearly a racist anti-gun law. One would think what with you being the ardent anti-racist you like to pretend you are, you'd be outraged that something like that could happen in Canada.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nice to see you're more concerned about someone else's spelling (even though you've had a few errors yourself) while ignoring what is clearly a racist anti-gun law. One would think what with you being the ardent anti-racist you like to pretend you are, you'd be outraged that something like that could happen in Canada.
I can never figure out how these race based laws can pass a charter challenge.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I can never figure out how these race based laws can pass a charter challenge.
This one won't. And add the fact that it was rammed through during this lock down so neither Parliament nor the Senate had any say whatsoever, and that the govt that rammed this through is a minority govt that just doesn't have that authority, this law will be dead in the water within a year.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Only twelve bucks . Almost cheaper then bullets .

Want ot BET that is CHEAP CHINESE CRAP!

The blade is poor quality steel that does not hold an edge!

And the plastic handle shatters from the vibration after the first time you use it to cut anything thicker than some blades of grass!

But you can bet the blade is JUST SHARP ENOUGH to accidentally cut the stitching in the sheath when you put it away!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Want ot BET that is CHEAP CHINESE CRAP!

The blade is poor quality steel that does not hold an edge!

And the plastic handle shatters from the vibration after the first time you use it to cut anything thicker than some blades of grass!

But you can bet the blade is JUST SHARP ENOUGH to accidentally cut the stitching in the sheath when you put it away!
Oh course the blade is cheap crap in a $12 Machete, but even with a 1/2 arsed edge it's heavy enough to use to rob a Cabbie or for other similar crimes, but not trustworthy enough to be used as an actual tool. That was the point. They're too shitty to use for anything except crime but nobody is crying foul about their sale....but they are crying foul about the 'look' of some firearms compared to others.

Side note: I could take an old leaf spring, and an hour in my garage (bench vice, side grinder with a couple of different disc's including a polishing disc) & I could create a far superior functional machete than any of those cheap crappy ones, but on the prairie I'd have ZERO use for it. I'd made an absolutely wickedly sharp functional blade leafed Boar spear for someone out of a heavy ice scraper a few years back, but thought he was nuts to want to count on that as back-up when Boar hunting. A large caliber short barrelled revolver made much more sense but.....that wasn't an option for him in Canada he'd explained to me. Those wild pigs are intense, and if they don't drop on the first shot (on the prairies) you're pretty much screwed as it's 50/50 odds on them running or fighting, and it happens instantly. The spear was to turn a Boar away if it attacked so he could find the time for a second shot if it was needed he explained before I made it for him.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Oh course the blade is cheap crap in a $12 Machete, but even with a 1/2 arsed edge it's heavy enough to use to rob a Cabbie or for other similar crimes, but not trustworthy enough to be used as an actual tool. That was the point. They're too shitty to use for anything except crime but nobody is crying foul about their sale....but they are crying foul about the 'look' of some firearms compared to others.
Side note: I could take an old leaf spring, and an hour in my garage (bench vice, side grinder with a couple of different disc's including a polishing disc) & I could create a far superior functional machete than any of those cheap crappy ones, but on the prairie I'd have ZERO use for it. I'd made an absolutely wickedly sharp functional blade leafed Boar spear for someone out of a heavy ice scraper a few years back, but thought he was nuts to want to count on that as back-up when Boar hunting. A large caliber short barrelled revolver made much more sense but.....that wasn't an option for him in Canada he'd explained to me. Those wild pigs are intense, and if they don't drop on the first shot (on the prairies) you're pretty much screwed as it's 50/50 odds on them running or fighting, and it happens instantly. The spear was to turn a Boar away if it attacked so he could find the time for a second shot if it was needed he explained before I made it for him.
Best machete I ever owned I made in high school. Still have it. About the size of a viking sword, made from a high strain bandsaw blade. THese bandsaw blades are about 12 inches wide and probably 3/16 thick.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Moral of this story , when hunting boar don’t miss .