Army: 12 dead in 31 wounded shooting attacks at Fort Hood base in Texas

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well, I'd never heard of that place before...thanks for that gerry...what a horrid pit of frothing lunatics! Holy crap

One nut case from thAT board posted a link to a facebook to a young man with a similar name stating that this was the major and suggested that everyone look at all his "friends".... just saw a pic of the major on an american news broadcast and the facebook guy isn't him...... hopefully free republic get's their ass sued over this.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Since when do Army psychiatrists carry guns?
Nice handle - Any story behind it - historical etc - Geneva Convention ref medical and ChapliansMedical personnel, including medical and dental officers, technicians and corpsmen, nurses, and medical service personnel, have special protected status when engaged exclusively in medical duties and may not be attacked. Possession of small arms for self-protection, for the protection of the wounded and sick, and for protection from marauders and others violating the law of armed conflict does not disqualify medical personnel from protected status. Medical personnel may not use such arms against enemy forces acting in conformity with the law of armed conflict. Chaplains attached to the armed forces are entitled to respect and protection. Medical personnel and chaplains should display the distinctive emblem of the red cross or red crescent when engaged in their respective medical and religious activities. Failure to wear the distinctive emblem does not, by itself, justify attacking a medical person or chaplain, recognized as such. Medical personnel and chaplains falling into enemy hands do not become prisoners of war. Unless their retention by the enemy is required to provide for the medical or religious needs of prisoners of war, medical personnel and chaplains must be repatriated at the earliest opportunity

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
..then you have some re-thinking to do, if you feel that is so, Goober.

Nice handle - Any story behind it - historical etc - Geneva Convention ref medical and ChapliansMedical personnel, including medical and dental officers, technicians and corpsmen, nurses, and medical service personnel, have special protected status when engaged exclusively in medical duties and may not be attacked. Possession of small arms for self-protection, for the protection of the wounded and sick, and for protection from marauders and others violating the law of armed conflict does not disqualify medical personnel from protected status. Medical personnel may not use such arms against enemy forces acting in conformity with the law of armed conflict. Chaplains attached to the armed forces are entitled to respect and protection. Medical personnel and chaplains should display the distinctive emblem of the red cross or red crescent when engaged in their respective medical and religious activities. Failure to wear the distinctive emblem does not, by itself, justify attacking a medical person or chaplain, recognized as such. Medical personnel and chaplains falling into enemy hands do not become prisoners of war. Unless their retention by the enemy is required to provide for the medical or religious needs of prisoners of war, medical personnel and chaplains must be repatriated at the earliest opportunity

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
..then you have some re-thinking to do, if you feel that is so, Goober.
JBeee Please explain what rething I have to do - I quoted the Geneva Conevtions regarding tha carrying of arms by medical personnnel - So please expand upon that. But please do not parrot - Fair?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I've been tied up this afternoon and much of the evening. Last I heard
earlier....they thought there was two and possibly three shooters.

Now it's just the one Guy? :-?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That sarcam is BS - Do you have a better reply?

Yes. I worked for DND for a bout 16 months and at least 90% of the army people that I worked with should not have been allowed to have a gun and that includes the base armorer so it stands to reason that the same holds true in the US army.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
OK...so....what happened to the other gunman (or two) they
thought existed earlier today? They didn't exist? They're dead
now and don't count? It was just confusion that hadn't been
sorted out yet at that point? :-?